i. starting the end

Delineated

Walking through the stoned sidewalk with scattered pieces of lilac petals, stepped, she watch carefully as the others hanging on the trees not even distracted by those in mid-air falling down the same time. No blowing winds present to be the reason for them to fall and die. She let out a huff and smile at those barely surviving.

"Time is short."

..............................................................

"Are you sure?"

He asked, before he starts folding the red leaf he found somewhere lying under the bench where they're sitting. He lapped it into few layers once in a while pausing himself to stare at it, continue again after reassuring that it is symmetry enough to make another fold. That's when she realised she was indeed staring at patterns of lines on the surface of his back wrist. Back then she'll definitely freaked out but now she knew, it wasn't much of an ominous sight to get from him anymore. It still bothers her anyhow.

"Assurance. I can't decide about that."

She reached onto his bag placed between their legs on the ground. It was light, as expected from someone who only brings a small box wherever he goes. She slipped her hand into the content before it was swiftly taken away from her.

"I never agree to this. You should start ending that habit of checking on people's possession without their approval, you know." Rested on his lap, he zips up the previous intruded space and sneaked in the folded leaf inside safely. Why would he keep that? She can't never tell if it's him. 

"So much of privacy. Oh wait! There's nothing in it anyway."

She blinked at him emptily. "You're adding it in?" 

"Why do you care?"

She cringed at him with her all possibly the best glare she could've give.

"You're so insensitive sometimes I feel like punching your face everytime."

Still clutching on the canvas, he turned his face around fronting hers. Maybe he may not be the best looking person she had ever seen despite that she admit he do have those features that fits well. Colour of his eyes are absolutely the darkest it's almost impossible to see those little circles inside whenever it was on light. The rest are pretty common for her to describe.

"Tan-trums."

He spoke out the word as if he's pronouncing it for the first time. He suddenly pursed his lips up covering it with half of his fist. It's clear now. Those lines are now practically just in front of her face, she can clearly see the unhealed ones whilst some are drier.

"Don't do that...anymore."

She voiced out after seconds of silence. And after she did, he left.

...........................................................................

"You're early today! God, what is this miracle?!"

Holding out both of her hands out of nowhere and then burst into laughing. She wonders for millions times why is she friends with this total opposite of her. This friend is quite smaller in terms of body proportion compared to her who stand averagely normal for a twenty years old. At times, she do feel unconsciously envy over her bubbliness but since they've known each other since they knew how to recognise faces, this friend is someone she cherish a lot.

"He will not answer for those who keeps flailing on her tests everytime."

She held on her chuckle seeing rolled eyes as a reply. Yes it can be said she finds her way in words. He used to mention on how she always talks in a very friendly manner even thou the sentences she said itself is some good products of sarcasm. He noticed because he was like that too. Except he was never friendly.

"I take that as a motivational support. Oh hey, you're free- wait why would I be asking. We're planning on barbeque over this weekends..."

"I'm not joining."

"I wasn't asking you to join..."

"So?" She flips the pages of the book she was holding randomly.

"Can you back up my shift? You just need to extend your hours well cause...you'll be done with those kids by 3, right?"

She knew this was coming. Being with the manager for couple of extra hours is not something she'd wish ever. The manager of the bookstore where they're working, she mean.

"I have to go somewhere right after my shift. And why are you always skipping shifts just for the sake of weekend's hang outs? You hang out when you're free. Not when you're not."

Out of sudden her book is snatched away from her grip leaving her surprised with it. She then lift her face up looking at the other one.

"Snatching that away won't change anything."

"This once! Please, this one time only!" That sounded desperate enough for her to start reconsidering.

But...the manager.

"And never again. Hessh. I have no clue why we know each other."

"Stay clueless. It helps!"

She didn't reply anything as now her mind is occupied with uncertain thoughts. The manager is really...she don't know if there's any word suited to describe him. She stayed in deep wonders until someone stand infront of the room and starts talking about brain and behavior. Or somewhat she heard, brand new bee have ear.

 

 

A/N as you can see or as you may wonder...there are no specific names included in this because the member(s) who will be featured in Delineated is still not decided yet. I may as well include all of them in it HAHA but I need leading character more or less, eh? For now, just assume yourself who's who ok :P probably some suggestion on the girl's name would be good too :) comments are not welcomed. Jk~ drop by the askbox, ifnt-ginator!