Our Day when You are gone. . .

Days Passing By

                We woke to the sound of her alarm on her phone going off as it sang one of her favorite songs. Sad to say it wasn’t made by us but idols that were a few years younger than our age. We groaned as the alarm kept ringing and ringing as she hit the snooze button for the past hour. As she looked at the digital clock on her red phone, she neither let out a sigh nor a gasp but closed her eyes for a few seconds more and slowly got up to get ready for the day ahead of her.

                As she got her blue backpack, she turned toward us and smiled. “See you guys later~!” she stated as she gave a last pet to her dog and a hand kiss towards us; her favorite idol group of all time, BEAST, embedded upon her blue wall.

                Secretly, we gave her a smile and watched her leave as we wished she had a good day ahead of her, hoping she would come home with the same smile she left with this morning.

 

                It becomes boring after a while just hanging upon this wall with nothing to do but talk to your surroundings for the next eight hours or so but it’s not so bad; being a six-member boy band has its perks.

                “So another day of waiting, right?” Dongwoon of the far left asked as he craned his neck to project his voice a bit better.

                “I guess so,” Junhyung stated who was next to Dongwoon in the next column towards the right.

                So I guess it’s better if we explain where we stand on her wall as a six-member boy group. Our ‘home’ is separated into six columns hot-dog folded with our logo and album name on the middle bottom. Dongwoon is placed on the edge of the poster on the left, next to him is Junhyung on the right side, then comes Doojoon who has Gikwang on the right side then with Hyunseung next to me, Yoseob, who is on the edge of the poster on the right. Sorry for the boring introduction but it helps better to picture us, right?

                “So,” Doojoon started as he cleared his throat. “How have you been doing, Mr. Teddi?”

                We all looked toward the stuffed teddy bear that lie on her bed all day as he too waits for her. Since it gets boring talking to the same other five members every chance you get on any wall, door or ceiling around the world, you get bored of speaking and crave a companion other than the people you’ve been stuck with all your ‘life’.

                “Well, I think I’m getting flatter and flatter each night,” he said in a brusquely voice as he patted on his stuffed stomach with his fingerless arms.

                “Why is that?” Junhyung asked with a small chuckle.

                “Because lately she’s been visiting slumber land on my stomach and face,” he grumbled.

                “But, Mr. Teddi,” Gikwang began. “That’s what you were made for isn’t it?”

                “Do I enjoy her face on my face making me suffocate? NO. But do I enjoy being hugged and cuddled because that’s what I was created for? Heck yes! I seriously love hugs and being cuddled and you know what’d good? That she likes to hug me when---”

                “You just had to bring up that question, didn’t you, you dummy,” I intervened while Mr. Teddi kept talking on and on about the joy of being hugged as the others cringed. But I could tell they were not only cramming their ears with distaste but also with jealousy.

                “Like you could have asked a better question to bring up his mood!” Gikwang proclaimed as he tried to block the words of the teddy bear lest he become more jealous.

                “I wouldn’t have brought up a question that could have made the freaking teddy bear who is so talkative drone on and on!” I protested. Seriously, that bear can talk. I think it’s because she talks to him so much that he actually took on the traits.

                “Hey,” Doojoon stated as he kept listening to me and Gikwang bicker while still listening to the stuffed animal talk about ‘cuddles’ more to himself. “Hey!”

                Still that didn’t get our attention. We were determined to settle this feud that has been going on for a few months now, ever since we’ve been hung upon her wall. Way back in December. Oh yeah, when we fight it’s mostly about stupid things you wouldn’t really enjoy your day listening about. But anyways, we kept bickering and bickering while the stuffed animal talked and talked, which would upset anyone.

                “Hey!” Doojoon exclaimed once more. But no one had the chivalrous act to stop their pride.

                “SHUT UP!!!” all the objects within her room demanded.

                With a start her dog shot up and walked around the room giving us no choice but to reduce to silence. There’s no wondering what that dog would do to us once she finds us that we are alive. It’s best if we don’t find out and just try to act like the inanimate objects that we are.

                Within the minute or so, the dog walked around in a circle in place and decided to plop down on her bed and dozed off.

                “I swear that dog has issues,” Mr. Teddi mumbled carefully not to wake the newly peaceful animal. “It even snores and sneezes. And throws gas and like acts human.”

                “It thinks it’s a human,” I answered silently.

                “She. She thinks she’s a human,” Junhyung corrected in a low tone.Silence filled the empty room which was usually filled with chatter from other inanimate objects around the room talking amongst themselves.

                “I swear I just heard crickets chirping in the distance,” Hyunseung stated as the others and Mr. Teddi began to chuckle. “What are you now Einstein?”

                “I’m just saying because she doenst like it when her dog is stated with an ‘it’,” Junhyung stated as he began to defend himself.

                “Yeah, sure. Whatever you say. If you like the dog so much just marry it,” Dongwoon teased.

                “Whatever,” he replied as he became silent. I wish I could see the look on Junhyung’s face. I bet it’s like bright red or something. Living on a piece of paper does have its disadvantages. Like not being able to laugh at your teammate whenever they make a fool of themselves.

                “But I swear this dog can like understand me sometimes,” the stuffed animal answered.

                “Or it’s just your imagination just running wild.”

                “Or you are just a crazy bear whose been getting slimmer.”

                “But I ain’t crazy!”

                “Ain’t isn’t a word though,” Junhyung again stated.

                “Sure it ain’t smarty.”

                “Weird little fellas,” Mr. Teddi stated as he himself began to get drowsy.

 

                Well, that was the most uninteresting day ever. Next time you come back for a visit I’ll be sure to tell you about my fight with this other picture trying to gain the attention of you-know-she-who-must-not-be-named. But for now, this has been Yang Yoseob upon the wall and friends.

                “And a stuffed animal trying to gain weight!”

                “Toodles~!”