25 - Realization.

The Men Of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu sat beside your bed and played with your hair. He chuckled as he bit his lip to stop himself from crying. "Sungmi-ah.. Do you know that oppa hates you so much right now?" he chuckled again as he held your hand and squeezed it.

 

~

 

"Oppa?"

"Hm?"

"What would you do if... I have a terrible disease? If I only have a few days on earth?" Sunggyu scoffed.

"What are you saying?"

"Oppa. I'm just asking! It's not that.. it's not that i do really.. have.. one.."

he chuckled and held your hand. "Oppa will be devastated. But I will do my best to protect you and take care of you. But I assure you that won't happen, you're my sister, you're strong. Like me."

~

 

He sighed as he remembered you asking him about it. "Why didn't you tell me, Sungmi-ah? It hurts me that I wasn't by your side when you needed oppa the most.." he burried his face on the bed, his hands still holding yours. "I'm sorry..."

and he broke down.

 

~~~

 

Myungsoo went to school, he was lifeless. Hoya noticed it but shrugged it anyway. When they met for dance practice, he saw Myungsoo staring into space. He sat down beside him.

"Myungsoo-ah. About Sungmi-ssi..."

"I know, hyung. I... I know.." Hoya blinked at him, then he sighed. He waited for Myungsoo to speak but he was just staring into space.

"How did you know?" Myungsoo asked as he fiddled with his fingers.

"You remember when I told you I saw her all bruised up?" Myungsoo nodded and Hoya continued. "I brought her to the clinic, then she had a minor heart attack. I recognized the medications she took. They were the same with mom's. She told me not to tell everyone, but I was itching to tell you. She just kept on holding me back. She doesn't want to burden you."

Myungsoo closed his eyes and sighed.

"What happened between you two, anyway? I'm all ears.." Hoya gave him an encouraging smile.

"Well. I've been liking her for... who knows how long. She suddenly asked me about it when I brought her to the beach. I felt like she needed a break. And as her best friend, I wanted her to have a relaxing time at the beach.."

he switched into a more comfortable position. "She asked me if I like someone. And she told me to show the girl I like that I like her. It's now or never, she said, and it rang in my head the whole time. So when we got to her house, I gathered up all the courage I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter