O1. The Queen

Stolen Moments

 

{the Queen

 

 

Walk straight. Chin up. Keep cool. Look busy. Look chic.

With these in mind ChaeRin glides through the hallway in her sleek business suit and killer heels; her blonde hair carelessly running down her shoulders and set to a straight line. Anyone she comes across immediately makes way for her. No one messes with the boss.

ChaeRin walks into her office and immediately, her assistant rushes to her ranting off her remaining schedule for the day. The magazine art has yet to be judged by her. The remaining articles left on her desk to be sorted through and placed orderly by tonight. And then lunch break with the editor-in-chief of the magazine’s article to talk about the possible add-ons to the newest issue. She still needs to take a look at the newbies of their staff. Then, she has some time for herself by the afternoon. Finally, there’s the meeting with the board to skim through the magazine’s status.

As she sits down, her assistant places down her venti Caffé Misto for the day. ChaeRin scans over the multiple articles that lay in front of her. Most of it about health; ‘must be for the tips and help page’ she thinks. She sits straight, sipping lightly from her venti and reads a bit of some random article but as her assistant exits her office; she sighs and lightly slumps in her seat. She removes the shades she’s been wearing since morning and as she looks down, she sees her reflection on the black glass of her table.

Her eyes were lightly puffy and red. The makeup had done only so much to cover the dark circles that now colored the lower rim of her eyes. Who knew crying would be so destructive to the human cells. Who knew love could be destructive to the human emotions. She furrows her eyebrows and groans, running a hand through her hair.

Leaning back, she spins herself to face the window behind her. It hasn’t been such a great week for the blonde and she wishes that she could at least get a day or a week off from work. But duty calls, the deadline was in a week and a half and delaying this issue was a big no as it was the magazine’s 10 year anniversary, her 2nd year being the head of it.

In a way, it was exciting and in another, it was nerve wracking. But right now, she was just blank. She seems as sharp and sleek as ever but honestly, she feels like crap today.

Just the last Friday, her first love, her first boyfriend, her first fiancé, the man she was supposed to marry in no less than a few months, the same man she showered with all her love, broke up with her.

People would think that Lee ChaeRin would be the last of all people to be hung over a break up. Heck! People would think she was the one who stopped everything. But no, something that a lot of people don’t know about Lee ChaeRin was her complete devotion to the people she love. To be honest, ChaeRin herself thinks she’s a hopeless romantic with all her ‘together forever’ fantasies. And maybe the Gods grew tired of her dreams and have decided to bring her back to earth. Through a break-up.

All weekend, she had done nothing else but drown in misery as she watched re-runs of some drama, eat, talk to Dara and Bom and well, cry. It was tiring but hell, did it suit her situation and to be honest, even though she hated crying like how Twilight haters hated the series, she just couldn’t stop it. In some way, it actually felt nice to let out some pain but pride was eating her up, taunting her about how stupid she looked like.

Sighing and spinning herself back to the front of her desk, she reminds herself of finding something to get herself up from this dreariness. Picking up an article, she thinks ‘just another ordinary day… without you’.

 


 
{hadsfmnbf;
okay, i personally hate this layout
but as for now, it will stay this 
way until i am motivated to do 
something fabulous with it orz im
so lazy. anyways, enjoy~ comment
and subscribe. hanyu, out!