Jang Intae's Office

Between Passing and Failing

You followed your professor as he led you to his office on the fourth floor. You glanced at the hallway clock and saw that the time was 6:30pm. You silently wondered why Mr. Jang was already out when he specifically said that the two of you would meet at 7:00pm. You glanced up to his back.

 

The way he walked showed aggression. It was as if he would beat up anyone that blocks his way. You remembered his murderous glare when you got out of the cafe to meet him and how he wordlessly started walking. You knew Jang Intae and this wasn't like him. Has something happened that you did not know about? Why is he venting out his frustration on you?

 

He stopped by the room at the end of the hall. He typed the password onto the digital lock and motioned for you to go inside with him. The room was small and dark. He snapped his fingers and the lights suddenly . Okay, this doesn't look like your ordinary faculty room. Faculty rooms are supposed to be big yet cramped and to be shared with other professors. This room was not that big, maybe around 30sqm. There was a desk on the right side, a couch on the left and a tv by the corner and a mini fridge beside that.

 

He locked the door and turned to you. Eyebrows furrowing, he looked at you murderously.

 

"YAH WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT ------!?"

 

Mouth opening wide, you blinked at him in shock. Demanding an explaination, he walked towards you and grabbed your arm. "I asked you something. ANSWER ME!"

 

"I slept late. I was distra-"

 

"NOT THAT!" he cut you off. "I SAW YOU WITH LEE DARI! YOU WERE FLIRTING WITH HIM!"

 

You looked him straight in the eye. "I thought we already talked about this, Jang Intae?"

 

"I DON'T CARE. EXPLAIN. TO. ME. NOW." he matched your intense gaze with his own.

 

"I told you, we're friends. No big deal. Stop screaming, people might hear." you shrugged.

 

"YA! You fed him! I saw you!" 

 

"It was his food. I forgot to get my allowance and he treated me to some snacks. The least I could do was feed him.." you look away and sat down on the couch.

 

He sat down next to you and held your hand while his other hand scratched his head. "I dismissed my class early today, you know."

 

"You called me by my first name in class.." you shook your head at him, "You never call anyone by their first name."

 

You felt his head on your shoulder as he hugged you loosely. 

 

"I was worried. You were so late." he looked at you, concerned. "You're lucky I'm your professor."

 

"I know. By the way, how did you get this office?"

 

"Well.. I uh... I threatened the dean of Law to give me this room. I don't like rooming with other people, you know." he changed his tone and snapped at you, "Ya~ Don't change the topic. Why were you late?"

 

"I woke up late. Then I got hooked on Teen Top's fancafe. I didn't realize I was already late.." 

 

"Aish, ------~ If you keep this up you'll get kicked out." he stood up and went to his desk. He took an exam booklet different from the one you answered earlier and handed it to you. He motioned you to work on his desk. "Two hours, Jagiya. Do your best."

 

-

 

An hour and a half passed by and you glaced at Intae. He was sitting on the couch with his MacBook on his lap. He was looking at updates about Japan and the earthquake tragedy. He felt so bad for the victims that he donated $500 to the Red Cross. Then he felt eyes on him and turned to you. "Finished?"

 

You nodded and sat beside him and handed your exam. You bit your lip in anticipation. You glanced away from your paper and shifted your gaze onto the mini fridge. Even in the air conditioned room, you started to sweat lightly. You felt an arm around your shoulder and looked at Intae. 

 

"93 out of 100." he looked at you proudly. "That's my girl."

 

You beamed happily at him and lightly pecked his lips. Political Science, I am so going to pass you! He was quite startled by your move yet he smiled. He tucked your hair behind your ear and said, "Your mom called me this morning."

 

"What did she say?"

 

"She told me that if you fail one more subject, you're going to get kicked out. If you do get kicked out she's blaming me for being a bad influence on you." he chuckled.

 

"That's not funny." you crossed your arms and glared at him. "It's my academic future on the line here, Jang Intae."

 

"She said that the reason you had bad grades was because you moved in with me." he smirked, "It is kind of true, actually."

 

"The reason I had bad grades was because this stupid school and dull subjects bore me to death." 

 

"Don't worry, ------ah~" he cuddled you and placed his head on the crook of your neck. "You'll get better grades this time. I promise, I'll help you gain study habits and responsibility~"

 

You know full well he meant what he said. Silently you prayed that his promise would come true.

 

----------

A/N: SURPRISE! INATI IS YOUR BOY FRIEND. XDDDDDD

Unbeta-ed. Comment? Is it too crappy? Correct any grammatical mistakes in the comments and help me improve. ^^

Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing~