NEW STUDENT?

Meaning of "LOVE"

[Your POV]

This is my first day to be an university student in Korea. I dont know how's your feeling right now. Feel happy to meet new friend, but i also scared if no one doesnt want to be my friend. Well, actually i moved three months ago to Seoul, because i need to continue studying Hangul before i enter the university. I already learnt about Korean language in my hometown , Jakarta for two years, but they said, i also need to get into preparation class in Seoul. 

"Soorin-ah!! Come on! You can be late!" Yesung scream from downstairs.

Today, my brother Yesung, will go with me to University. I ask him to accompany me because I am afraid i will lose in my way from House to University. Plus, he has a private car, so it's an advantage for me not to go by public transportation. I look up myself in mirror, and smile "Fighting Soorin!!" I take my backpack and go downstairs.

"Wow! Looks like my little sister is growing up well in this city!" Yesung pinch my face.

"AAAH!!" i scream because i feel sick.

"I dont know you are beautiful like this, Soorin. Ah, i am afraid i can be sister complex!"

"YA! Dont dare to like me! I will find boyfriend here, so you cant like me!"

Yesung laugh,"I have a girlfriend too. Dont worry about that. You are my sister,beside isnt it you who can love me? dont you remember that sometime you still want to sleep with me?"

"OPPPAAAAA!!!" 

Yesung run to his car. I run into him and get into car. I feel hapy when my brother said I am beautiful. He is the one who always say that to me beside my dad and my mom. I wear white dress and cardigan with a flower in the left side. I let my black hair straggling into my shoulder. Yesung drives me to my university but he cant accompanies me to go inside. So i walk alone to my faculty. 

Thanks God my faculty is in the first building, so i dont get lost. I walk to the administration room and they give me my schedule for a week.

"Today is monday... then my schedule........" i'm looking to a paper which has my schedule.

"OMO!! I have a class now!! And it's in building F?? SH*t! i am late!! Hope the lecturer is nice!!"

I put all the file in my backpack, and run to building F. I ask people i met about Building F, try not to lose my way. While im running, my phone is ringing. I try to take it from my bag but suddenly... BRAAAAKKKK!!!

"ouch!" i fell to the floor.

"Ah .. I am sorry. Are you okay?" I see a hand in front of my face. I looked up and found a tall handsome man with his glasses in his face.

omooo.. he's so handsome.

"Hello... Are you okay?" He waves his hands in front of my face.

"Ah. Sorry!" I am trying to stand up and he helps me with my bag.

"Are you new student?" He asks me.

I nod and smiles. He smiles to me and then gives his hand,"What's your name? Since you are new student, maybe i can help you to introduce our university."

I am shock by his kindness, i wanna shook his hand but i remember about Yesung's word before "Careful with University Boys, Soorin! If they know you are new student, you may get in trouble. They can kiss u suddenly, or hug you, or ask you on a date then dump you. Remember it!!"

"Sorry, but i think i am late for a class in building F." I walk away from him.

"Wait. I can take you to Building F!" he hold my hands.

I feel more scared , I refused him,"It's okay. I am new student so.."

"That's why! Because you are new student, so i can take you there. I am senior here. Dont worry, i know all the building here." He smiles again.

I want to say yes, but Yesung's word come into my mind again. And i just shake one's head, run from him. I dont want to look back because I know that boy feel i am weird.

After 15 minutes, finally I arrive at Building F, room F303A. I lost at first, i came to building E. Fortunately, there is security who is nice and take me to this Building. I am late about 20minutes, and i feel scared to open the classroom.

"Sorry for coming late, Mr." I am half bow in front of the door.

"Ah.. New student?"

Wait. I feel like i am familiar with this voice. I look up, and see the guy i met before, standing in front of me. He puts his map in the table, and then walks towards me. He stands right in front of me,"So..  I guess the reason you are late because... You lost?"

I nod and hide my face because I am very shy. If i know he is my lecturer, i will not refused his offer to take me to this building! wait. he is my lecturer? didnt he say he's my senior? Is he lying?

"Wait. Am i in the wrong class?" I ask him.

"If your schedule is Artificial Intelligence Practical Lab, then you are not wrong. What class you should attend?"

I take my schedule in bag and give the schedule to him. He looks my schedules and smiles,"I think yes, you are in the wrong class...." He stops then continues his talks, "Miss. Soorin.. You should attend Artificial Intelligence Class in F303B. Not here"

*********

[Donghae's POV]

Today is monday, and i dont really like it because my schedule is full until afternoon. Plus, this morning, i have a class for teaching as an assistant. I walk from my faculty building to take attendance list. Suddenly my phone is ringing. I take it from my shirt's pocket. It's my bestfriend, Eunhyuk.

"Yo, hyuk, what's up?"

"Ehm... where are you?" Hyuk's voice like he still in his bed.

"I have a schedule for teaching. You know exactly where am I. " 

"Ah. Today is monday, and you already have a schedule for teaching? DAM* ! Hae, take a rest first!"

"Ya! We had holiday for a month, how can you say to take a rest? Dont you have a schedule?"

"Uumm... I have but not now. At 2PM."

"Ah.. arasso.  See you at canteen !"

I hang up the phone , and walk again but suddenly someone hit my body. But fortunately i dont fall to the floor. It's a girl. I give my hand to help her. 

"Ah .. I am sorry. Are you okay?"

That girl look at me with her big eyes. GOD.. she's so beautiful.

"Hello... Are you okay?" I wave my hand in front of her face.

"Ah. Sorry!" She suddenly react and trying to stand up. I see her bag in the floor so I help him with his bag.

I give her bag to her. She uses her backpack and tidy her hair and dress. I look at her face. I never see her before in this building. Well, it doesnt mean i know all of female student in this university. But I already become Lecturer Assitant for 2 years, and not many female students in this information technology major, so im kinda sure that she is a new student.

"Are you new student?" I ask her.

She nods and smiles.

Ah! She can be the most beautiful female student now!

I smile to her and then give my hand,"What's your name? Since you are new student, maybe i can help you to introduce our university."

She doesnt shake my hands. She still looks at me in a quiet. Then suddenly she answers me, "Sorry, but i think i am late for a class in building F." She walks away from me.

"Wait. I can take you to Building F!" i suddenly hold her hands.

She looks shock and refused me,"It's okay. I am new student so.."

Before she continues , I cut her, "That's why! Because you are new student, so i can take you there. I am senior here. Dont worry, i know all the building here." I give my best smile again, hope she wants to have a walk with me.

She just shake one's head, then run from me.

"Wait. what is that? Why new student refuse my kindness? "

I walk from away from that place and heading to my lab. As i arrive at my lab room, i see some students there. I sit at my chair and look at my attendance list. This semester i have a lot of students. Almost 70person in one class, and I have 4 class to be taught. Then this semester I have 280person to be my students. Thanks God, now I am in my final year, so i dont have any lesson again, just teaching and finishing my thesis.

I introduce myself first, and the lesson i will teach. I explain all the method i will use for this practical lab. After that, i check attendance list to check student's attendance. Suddenly, i heard door opens. I see to the door and find a female student already bow in front of it.

Isn't her the one who hit me? So.. she's in my class?

"Sorry for coming late, Mr." She is half bowing in front of the door.

I feel like teasing her, "Ah.. New student?"

She looks up, and i can see her shocking face. I put my map in my table, and then walks towards her. I stand right in front of her,"So..  I guess the reason you are late because... You lost?"

She nods and hides her face from me. I can see her red face because she is shy. I like her red face, i smile to her.

"Wait. Am i in the wrong class?" She asks me.

"If your schedule is Artificial Intelligence Practical Lab, then you are not wrong. What class you should attend?" I am trying to help her.

She takses her schedule in bag and give the schedule to me. I look carefully to her schedules and smiles,"I think yes, you are in the wrong class...."

I search for her name. Ahh so her name is Kim Soorin? What a beautiful name!

"Miss. Soorin.. You should attend Artificial Intelligence Class in F303B. Not here"

Her eyes enlarged,"F305B?" She steps back , and read the number in the door, she hits his head,"Ah , pabo!"

I am laughing to see her cuteness,"It's okay. I can take you there. I will help you to explain to Professor Park the reason you are late."

"It's okay, Mr. I can go alone. It's beside this room, right?"

I nods,"But, Professor Park is so grumpy. He never tolerate any tardiness. So, i think you really need my help here. Please dont refuse my help again, unless you want to see him scream to you."

She looks confused but then she nods. I smile, then leave my classroom for a while.

"Whatever I say, just agree with it,okay?"

She nods again.

"Ah, by the way, my name is Lee Donghae. Nice to meet you!" I give my hands again.

"Nice to meet you too. My name is Kim Soorin. Sorry for the trouble in Building F. My brother tells me not to introduce my name to other who i dont know.."

I laugh to hear the reason, "It's okay. I am personal assistant for Artifical Intelligence. So, maybe you will meet me again at another class."

I take my wallet, and give her my card name, "If you need something about this university or lesson, feel free to contact me. I will try to help you. Okay?"

She takes my cards, and look to me in a confuse . I smile to her,"Dont worry. I will not take advantage from you. I am here to help you as a senior."

She smiles and nods. Wearrive at F305B, i knock the door and see Professor Park in front of his table.

"Oh, Donghae! Come in!"

I come into a class with Soorin in my back. I shake Professor Park hand and then I come closer to him,"Professor Park, she is a new student. She just moves to Seoul. I hit her at Building F, so she helps me to bring my book and my laptop to lab. That's why she is late. I hope you are not angry if i borrow her a moment till she's late for your class."

Professor Park replied me again in my ear with small voice,"If she's not helping you, then that's the reason i will mad. Do you really like her so that you borrow her till she's late?"

I replied again,"Ah, professor. You really now my type. I am sorry for bothering your class, i need to go back to my class. Thanks Professor for letting her get into your class."

Professor Park pats my shoulder,"You are really good assistant,Donghae. I am so proud of you. If you need any help for your thesis, please contact me."

"Yes, of course. Thanks Professor."

"Ah and once again.."

I look at him,"What is it,Prof?"

"If you need me to help you wtih this girl, please contact me too."

I laughed a bit,"Haha. Don't worry, Prof. I can take it by myself."

Professor Park smile and then let Soorin to go to his chair. I walk away to my class. I teach as usual for an forty five minutes, and fifteen minutes before class ended, i give the class exercise. I check my phone and found two messages.

From : Eunhyuk

Donghae, i am lazy to go to campus. Since it's the first day, i think my lecturer wont come.

I'll meet you at your dorm later! 

I know Eunhyuk still in his bed with a girl , that's why he's lazy to go. I replied to him,

To : Eunhyuk

Do whatever you want. Remember hyuk, you are already in the last semester!

PS: which girl is sleeping next to you now? :p

I send the message then check for another message.

From :  +601xxxxx

Donghae oppa, this is me Soorin! Thanks for your help. If you dont mind, can you help 

me to find a library? Professor Park gives us a task, and i think it's so hard. Hope you

dont mind to help me. =]

*******************

 

please leave comment ^^