✧ Prologue ✧

Lets drink our worries away

 

 

Chanhee smiled as he pushed his newly dyed blonde hair to the side of his face before running out of the house. He’d like to think he didn’t eat breakfast because he was too excited to go back to school, but in reality he felt fat. And even though he had hardly eaten over the holidays; he still believed he was a whale.

To everyone else Chanhee was your typical smart kid he was quite popular too with his cute looks and boyish charms. His best friend being one of the most outgoing guys around; Choi Jonghyun who preferred to be called Changjo because he thought his real name was too boring and felt he needed to have that edge going into college.

Chanhee recalled his summer, all the things he didn’t do. Chanhee didn’t like the summer it reminded him too much of his mother who had always loved to garden. She had died of cancer some years ago and since then he hasn’t been on good speaking terms with his father. During the time when she had died Chanhee had decided on skipping most of school which caused him to lose a lot of friends, it was only when he was going to throw himself into the river that he met Jonghyun and since then have been inseparable.

As Chanhee made his way into the school gates he tried to spot a familiar face but with no success he was quickly ushered into the main building for a boring speech welcoming them to college. He quickly looked round to see if he could spot Jonghyun only to let out a sigh of disappointment before turning to the front again.

He had a sleepy double period of biology before he was let out for break. He quickly called Jonghyun to tell him where he was before waiting. After a good five minutes Chanhee let out a yelp as he was pulled into a bone crushing hug from Jonghyun. The tall boy may not look it but he was very strong a complete sports enthusiast, makes Chanhee wonder how they ever get along.

“Channie it’s so good to see you! How’s your day been so far?” Jonghyun practically screamed into Chanhee’s ear, he couldn’t help but giggle at his friends’ childish behaviour.

“I’m fine Jonghyun, only had a boring two hours of biology” Chanhee groaned as he finally managed to pry Jonghyun off him. Only now to spot another boy beside them. He was quite small with a cute face he would have seemed normal if not for the brightly coloured hair. “Blue?” He questioned. Chanhee had always had that annoying straight forward quality about him; he couldn’t help it he just acted on impulse sometimes.

The boy with blue hair looked startled and seemed to hide behind Jonghyun. Chanhee raised a brow at Jonghyun as if to ask who is this. Jonghyun had clearly got the message and started to nod and pull the boy from behind him. “This is Yoo Changhyun, but he prefers to be called Ricky. He’s in my PE class and seems cool so I brought him along!” The so called Ricky bowed slightly Chanhee nodded.

After they all got chatting Chanhee found out Ricky was in most of his classes. He quickly got used to the blue hair and realised it really suited the boy. Ricky had embarrassingly told them that his blonde hair dye had actually turned his hair blue to that Chanhee had laughed.

It had been a few days back at school and Chanhee had got into his routine, he had quickly become close with Ricky and soon all three of them were inseparable. That is until it happened, until Chanhee bumped into Byunghyun.