The Death Die, The Life Alive

The True Legend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I look around.  Once again, only fearfulness surrounded us.  Everybody looks scared.  And again some of us cannot bear this moment.  We feel weak, fearful, terrified and petrified.  We are not strong to face what is going to happen next.  To face the death of somebody close to us right now, it is intolerable.  This is challenging.  I am clutching the heart-shaped locket, believing that Jonghyun will overcome the pain.

            As usual, in this situation, Taemin is always the weakest.  He is unable to change the mood because he is unable to control his own feeling.  He looks pale and terrified.  Key is also the same; he is sitting on the floor, unable to stand.  Uee, HyunA and Minzy, only blank in their face, staring to nowhere.  Minho is holding Sooyoung hand, both of them look scared.  Onew is sitting with other adults, tries to gain as much strength as he can.  We are waiting in front of Jonghyun’s room, while Hyori and Hyun Joong are fighting together with Jonghyun.

            Impatiently waiting in silent, we are shocked by the sound of the door being opened.  I look up.  Hyori runs towards Ji Woo.  She hugs her, with tears trickling down her cheeks.  What happened?  But, she is smiling in happiness.

            “Thanks!  Thanks for saving my son.  Jonghyun did it.  He overcomes the pain!” she hugs Ji Woo very tightly as though she wants to break all the ribs.  Then, Hyun Joong walks out of the room with a very wide smile.  He walks towards Onew and gives him a ribs-crashing hug.

            “Thanks…for the cure…I don’t know how to thank you actually…” Hyun Joong says, smiling.  We are all still confused, looking at the adults with puzzled look.

            “Y…you mean…Jonghyun…sur…vive?” I ask them.  Hyori looks at me.  Then, she nods with her glassy eyes looking deep into my eyes.  She then hugs me.

            “He always mumbles your name just now.  You are the source of his strength,” Hyori hugs me and pats my back.  Then, she loosens the hug.

            “Go inside.  He is still unconscious.  But, he is no longer suffering.  His breathing and his heartbeat are back to normal.  Talk to him until he wakes up,” Hyori gives her sweetest smile to me.

            “Darling…let’s go to the hospital.  I need to make some blood transfusion to Jonghyun.  I’ll take it from the hospital.  Jonghyun needs it to survive.  He already loss too much blood,” Hyori says sweetly to Hyun Joong.  Hyun Joong nods and follows his wife.  I am about to run into the room when Taemin already makes a move.  He rushes into the room.

            “Hyung!” he shakes Jonghyun’s shoulder impatiently, forcing Jonghyun to wake up.  Onew runs towards him, and pulls him away.

            “Taeminnie, don’t.  It is painful, you know.  The cure is still reacting to kill all the poison.  Never dare to do it again.  You are killing Jonghyun,” Onew scolds the maknae.

            “Hyung-ah.  When are you going to wake up?” Key asks, holding one of Jonghyun’s hands.

            “Kids, be patient.  Give him time okay?  He will wake up soon or you want to see him sleeping forever?” So Eun controls the situation.  Taemin cutely scratches his head and smiling.  All of us laugh.  This is the first time we are able to be happy again.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Jonghyun’s lips are no longer as white as sheet, although I can say it is not really back to its normal pink colour.  Being half a vampire, his face is still pale, but better than before.  I am really grateful Hyori is a doctor.  The blood is now flowing into the vein, through transfusion needle pierced into Jonghyun’s wrist.  I am glad that Jonghyun pass the critical moment, but he still in his unconscious state.  Looking at Jonghyun, I suddenly hear the door opens.

            Hyori, Ji Woo and So Eun come in with meals.   Looking at the meal make me realise that all of us haven’t eat since Jonghyun fell into the critical moment.

            “Sabrina, eat this.  You need to stay healthy to look after him,” Hyori gives me a sandwich.  I take it.

            “Thanks a lot,” I say, smiling to Hyori.  All the girls get sandwiches.  The SHINee gets the blood that they love so much.  Taemin drinks the blood flavoured milk.  Minho, Key and Onew get a big bowl of blood each.

            “Is this the chicken’s blood?” Onew asks So Eun.  So Eun rolls her eyes.

            “Yes, my son,” So Eun says.  We are laughing at how much Onew likes chicken’s blood.  All of us eat until we are full.  Then, the girls and SHINee starts to sleep.  The adults are no longer in the room.  Maybe they are resting in the living room.  But, I stay there, waiting for Jonghyun to wake up.

            I am about to fall asleep too when Jonghyun’s fingers suddenly flinch.  His head moves a bit from the real position.  I stand up instantly and sit beside him on his bed.  I his hair. I hold his hand tightly.

            “Jonghyun-ah…” I call out his name.  Slowly and weakly, he opens up his eyes.  I swear; that moment makes me speechless, unable to express how happy I am to see his puppy eyes again.

            “Oh Gosh!  You are awake!” I smile happily, and unexpectedly he smile back weakly.

            “Can I have some water?” his voice comes out as a hoarse whisper.  His throat is dry.  I quickly wet a tissue and gently wipe it on his lips.  His dry lips and throat is moisture.  His voice back to normal.

            “How are you feeling?” I ask him; while gently wipe his face with a wet towel.

            “Painful…” he replies me weakly.

            “Really?  I’ll get your mom,” I’m about to stand up when he grabs me at my wrist.  That sudden movement makes him winced.

            “Arghh!” he shouts, but his voice is still too weak to wake the others up.  I sit back, noticing that he don’t want me to go.

            “Don’t go.  Stay with me.  The poison is painful.  But, more painful if you are not with me.  Please…” he says with his soft, feeble voice.  I hold his hand and look into his eyes.  He looks into mine too.  Then, tears starts to trickle down my cheeks.

            “You know…that…you almost leave me…” I speak out with my voice cracks.  Weakly, while he is still lying on the bed, he lifts up his hand and my head, down to my cheeks and finally my chin.

            “I had promised you right.  I never break my promise,” he says with a very soft voice.

            “Yeah!  You never!  But, you should know your condition.  You are unconscious for two days and I can say that you look terrible.  You are so pale, motionless as though you had already died.  Tell me who on earth will not scared with that?  You should know that everybody…” I start to tell him everything.  How I am scared to face everything.  How weak all of us are.  How Taemin and Key fainted.  And how weak Hyori was.

            “You never know how worried I am,” I tell him my feeling.  He smiles a bit.  But, I can see that he is still in pain.

            “It’s painful, isn’t it?  The poison…” I ask him.  He nods weakly.  I can see it.  Jonghyun only smiles a bit.  And his voice is very soft. And he makes no movement except only my hair just now.  That’s all.

            “You must hold on until all the poison is gone,” I say, his dark brown hair.  He nods again.  Then, I hear the door opens.

            “Omo, Jonghyun-ah!  You’ve wake up!” Hyori shouts and run to him.  Then, Hyun Joong, Lee Minho, So Eun, Ji Woo and Seung Hyun also walk in.  The noise makes all the kids awake.  Taemin’s eyes widen once he gets up.

            “Hyung!” Taemin shrieks.  All of them run towards Jonghyun’s bed.  They surround the bed.  Hyori warns them to calm down and not making anything that will hurt Jonghyun.

            “You better not do anything that can hurt my patient even more or else get out of the room,” Hyori says, worried that they will give a ribs-crashing hug or something that can make Jonghyun worse.

            “Yes madam!” Key says, joking with his mom.  We are all happy that Jonghyun already regains consciousness.  They ask too many questions.  Jonghyun only nods and smiles.  He speaks only for a word or two.  He is not strong enough to speak or move a lot.  Everybody is excited and happy for the changes.  The miracle had happened.

            “Can I sleep now?” Jonghyun asks with a very feeble voice.  Everybody goes back to silent, noticing that Jonghyun wants to rest.

   

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter