Onew, The Poison and The Cure…

The True Legend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyun Joong carries Jonghyun into his room.  He manages to bring back the pulse after electrocuted him with his power thrice.  All of us wait outside the room while Hyori gives treatment to Jonghyun.  I cannot control myself and cry loudly.  Seraphina tries her best to cheer me up while she is also crying.  Taemin, the maknae already has no strength to stand at all.  Minho holds him up.  Everybody’s eyes are red and teary.  All of us feeling down, afraid of the worst to happen.

            Suddenly, Jonghyun’s room is opened.  Hyori with teary eyes calls us in.  We walk in and see Jonghyun lying lifeless on his bed, or maybe will be his death bed.  I cannot stand seeing him in such that critical condition, I almost faint.  So Eun gives me a chair to sit.  I sit beside Jonghyun’s bed.

            “This is the only thing that I can do right now.  I am only able to stop his bleeding.  Only up to this stage.  I don’t know how to cure the poison in his body,” Hyori says, weeping.

            “What are you talking about?!  Useless doctor, are you?!  Save my son!” Hyun Joong starts to raise his voice towards his wife.  Hyori is shocked by his sudden temper.  In fact, all of us are shocked by that.  Hyun Joong is always sweet and gentle.  But, suddenly the situation changes him.

            “Yah!  What did you say?!  Am I not his mom?!  I am trying my best to save my son too!  Did you know the ingredients of the cure?!” Hyori also starts to lose her temper.  It is clear and it is obvious that everybody is unable to think and act rationally right now.  Everybody is worried; everybody is scared and loses rationality.

            “This is not the time for you to lose your temper!  Jonghyun hyung is lying there, waiting for his death to come, and yet both of you are quarrelling!  What’s this?!” Key starts to cry even worse.  Onew gets him and tries to calm him down.  I am really upset of everything.  I am feeling guilty.

            “I’m sorry…both of you shouldn’t quarrel,” I say looking at both Hyori and Hyun Joong before continue, “This is all my fault.  Jonghyun tried to save me that he got…,” I am unable to continue with my words anymore.  I burst into tears, for remembering the awful moment just now.  My sister tightens her arm around me.  She pats my back.

            “It’s not your fault, unnie.  If I was not running out of the shield, you won’t run after me and Jonghyun oppa will not…” my sister also unable to continue speaking.  She cries even harder.

            “I’m sorry, Hyori-ah.  I shouldn’t get mad.  It is my fault; for involve him with this world, for bringing him into our world.  I should never get Jonghyun into this,” Hyun Joong says, calms down a bit and puts his arm around Hyori who are already weeping badly.

            “No!  It’s my fault!” HyunA suddenly shrieks and cries.

            “Me too,” Uee says.

            “Me too,” Minzy says the same thing.  All of us are blaming our self for putting Jonghyun in such that condition.

            “SHUT UP!!!” Taemin is unable to control his feeling.  He is crying uncontrollably and looks like everything is very bad for him right now.  He is sitting in the corner of the room, holding his head in his hand, as though he wants to pull his hair off.  Minho tries to calm the maknae.  I never see Taemin like that, because he is the one with always a bright smile.

            “Taemin-ah…its okay…Jonghyun hyung will get better…” Minho says although I can see that his face tells it was hopeless.

            “Everybody…Now is not the time for us to blame our self…or start any quarrel.  We need to be strong…if we are not strong…then how Jonghyun is going to be strong?” So Eun says than cries at Lee Minho’s shoulder.

            “Yes…I think the only thing we can do right now is supporting Jonghyun.  He needs us of course.  We need to be strong and always be by his side.  All of us know that the pain is horrible.  So, please…” Seunghyun says, more rational than the other right now.  I look at Jonghyun, his pale face, his pale lips, his head bandaged and under his shirt, his shoulder is also bandaged, it is seriously tragic.  But, it’s true.  I need to be strong for him.  I must.

             I take his hand, and hold it tightly.  I look at him, with high hope that he will open his eyes and tell me this is all joke.  But, somehow I know that it won’t happen.  I look at the necklace he gave me.  I hold tightly to the heart-shaped locket, hoping for miracle while I recall back his word to me, “I promise…I will stay with you forever… I promise…I will never leave you…no matter what happen.”  You will keep your promise right, Jonghyun?  My heart secretly asks that question.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            It has been two days since the evil battle end.  But, unfortunately, Jonghyun is still in the same state, lying on his bed, makes no move at all.  He is sweating heavily, suffering the dreadful pain caused by the poison that already spread throughout his body.  I stay by his side, never leave him alone, clean him and always whisper to him to be strong and fight back.  I still hope for a miracle to happen.  The other person that also tries his best not to sleep, to stay together with me is Hyun Joong.  He really holds onto his responsibility as a father.

            “Sabrina, drink this,” he gives me a cup of hot coffee.  Although he doesn’t drink it, he makes one for me.  In this situation, I feel really grateful for having this person with me right now.  Not only him; her wife, the Lees, the Chois, all SHINee members, my sister and my roommates also stay in Jonghyun’s room.

            Taemin is sleeping in the corner of the room, leaning against the wall with Minho sleeping by his side.  Hyori is sitting beside me, with her head on Jonghyun’s bed.  Key and Onew are sitting on the floor, also with their heads on Jonghyun’s bed.  Seunghyun at the opposite of me, at the other side of the bed.  He is sitting on the chair, his head is also on Jonghyun’s bed, sleeping while holding Jonghyun’s left hand.  Lee Minho, So Eun and Ji Woo on a couch of three seats, sleeping.  HyunA, Sooyoung, Uee and Minzy sit on the floor, leaning against the wall.  All of them are sleeping, leaving only me and Hyun Joong awake.

            “You can rest if you want.  I will watch over him,” Hyun Joong says, my hair.  I bite my lip and shake my head.  I will stay.

            “He promised me he will never leave me…he will never break it right?” I suddenly ask Hyun Joong that question.  I don’t know why, but I feel comfortable to speak with him.  He sighs.

            “Jonghyun usually never breaks his promise,” Hyun Joong says and then continues, “But, I’m afraid this will be the first time and the last

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter