Secrets

When You Least Expected It

A few days past after Kiseop and Kevin officially introduced themselves, but the awkward tension between them seemed to increase dramatically.

Kevin tried his hardest to avoid Kiseop. He would purposely go to bed two hours before his usual time, wake up two hours earlier than Kiseop so he would be out of the house by the time Kiseop woke up, and even ask his employer for overtime.

On the other hand, Kiseop tried his hardest to get closer to Kevin. Whenever Kevin was home, Kiseop would try his best to please him, which was rare. He’d cook Kevin meals, mix Kevin drinks and offer foot massages as often as possible. There was something about Kevin that sparked an interest in Kiseop.

It was a bright, Sunday morning. Kiseop groaned as he felt the warmth of the sun hit his bare chest. He slowly pushed himself off the bed and sat up, leaning against the headboard. He yawned deeply, which caused his eyes to water as he did so. He opened them up and wiped away the excess water and looked at the clock.

9:15 am.

“Kevin’s already gone,” Kiseop said with a disappointed voice. He sighed deeply and reached for his mask, which he pulled down to rest on the tip of his chin. He hopped off the bed and stretched his long, toned body, extending his arms into the air and bending his body backwards. He returned to his normal posture and began to walk towards the kitchen.

He just closed his door as he heard a loud thud coming from the direction of Kevin’s room. “Huh? Is he still home?” Kiseop stretched his neck just enough to peek into Kevin’s room. The door was slightly open and he saw a slender figure curled up into a tight ball on the messy bed. He felt his lips curve upwards into a mischievous grin. It's time to attack.

Kiseop quickly tip toed to Kevin's beside and swiftly crouched beside Kevin's delicate figure, studying Kevin's face. The sunlight seeping through Kevin's blinds caused his milky white skin to slightly dazzle, causing his skin to appear as if it was made out of thousands of tiny diamonds. His small lips were slightly parted as his hushed, sleepy snores escaped. Kiseop found himself completely memorized from seeing Kevin look so fragile, yet peaceful. His hands began to shake as he resisted the urge to brush his fingers across Kevin's luscious skin, but he could no longer hold back.He moved his hand slowly towards Kevin's face, his fingers sprawled out as they shook violently. He was nervous, extremely nervous. What if Kevin never speaks to me again? What if he kicks me out? What if he tells others that his roommate is a ert? It was already too late for Kiseop to stop, as his finger was only millimetres away. 

His shaky hands softly touched the lush skin, lightly brushing Kevin's cheekbones. He ran his fingers down Kevin's jawline, accidently rubbing his pinkie against Kevin's rosy pink lips. He felt Kevin's face melt into his own hand. Kiseop froze. Is he awake? He caressed Kevin's hand in his face as he heard slight murmurs coming from Kevin's lips, but didn't understand a think he was saying. "E-Eli," Kevin said in a desperate voice, causing Kiseop to stare at his with confusion. Who's Eli? "Don't go... Eli," Kevin's face turned into a frown as he moved his hand toward Kiseop, causing Kiseop's eyes to widened with worry, "ELI! DON'T GO! STAY WITH ME!" Kevin's hands latched onto Kiseop's skin, causing a low hiss to escape from his lips, but he didn't move an inch. "ELI! ELI! ELI!" Soon enough, Kevin's face was covered in sorrow, his closed eyes started to pour an ocean out onto his bedsheets. "KIM KYOUNGJAE, DON'T ING LEAVE ME!" Kevin started to shake violently, his grip tightening on Kiseop's skin. 

Kiseop looked at Kevin with immense worry, completely ignoring the sting from Kevin's sharp nails. All he wanted to do was pick him up in his arms and coo him back to his peaceful sleep, but he couldn't, they just met and he didn't even know who this Eli man was. 

"Eli, Eli, Eli," Kevin's painful screams were muted into hushed sobs, his grip releasing on Kiseop's skin. "I p-promise I won't let anyone else take your place. I... I promise." Kevin started to cry even harder, the tears just wouldn't stop running down his cheeks and onto Kiseop's large, strong hands. Kiseop felt his heart ache each time a teardrop fell from Kevin's eyes. It felt like his heart was stabbed a thousand times in a row, sharp, large knives being thrown directly at it.

He stood up, putting Kevin's head on the sheets and elegantly hopped onto the bed, making sure not to wake him. He laid beside Kevin, morphing his body to fit perfectly beside Kevin's. He slipped his hand under Kevin's waist, pulling him closer to him. Kiseop could still hear the hushed sobs coming from Kevin's mouth. "It's okay Kevin, please stop, you have me," Kiseop said in a sincere, quiet voice, "you have me. I promise you'll always have me." 

Almost instantly, Kevin's shaken sobs stopped. "Yes, don't cry anymore. You have me. You have me." Kiseop continued to coo Kevin back to his peaceful slumber, running his hands through Kevin's auburn locks. He felt himself slowly drift to sleep, his hand now lazily playing with Kevin's hair. He shut his eyes and dropped his hand to the pillow beside Kevin's head.

~

Kevin's tear stained face smiled as he heard Kiseop's coos turn into gentle snores.

He knew he was here all along. He felt the way Kiseop tenderly touched him, he heard the way Kiseop cared for him. It was almost like Eli did, no- It was exactly like Eli. That was why Kevin broke into tears. All of the memories of Eli that he tried his hardest to get rid of, all came back. The way Kiseop ran his hands from Kevin's cheekbones to his lips, that was exactly what Eli would do. Kiseop reminded Kevin of Eli so much. His touch, his voice, his smile, his laugh, his everything, all of it reminded of Eli, yet Kiseop and Eli were completely different at the same time. 

Kevin felt Kiseop's hand sloppily rest of Kevin's hip bone, causing electric currents to run through his body.

Kevin yearned for Kiseop's touch, for Eli's touch, yet he wanted to stay away from it. He was so confused, confused with what he wanted. They just met five days ago, but Kevin wanted Kiseop to be his and only his.

Should I trust Kiseop? Should I allow Kiseop into my heart? Should I allow him to have the ability to destroy me in one second? Should I?