Come Back

Please Stay

Come back to me, and I promise you, I'll make you happy once again. 

I need you right now. 

Please..

 

"Mother? I'm back in Korea."

"Daughter! I've missed you so much! Welcome! When are you visiting?" She spoke with excitement. You grinned and sighed, "Well I'm going to go right now, is that alright? Isn't it too late?" You asked.

"Honey, it's seven pm. It's never too late." She giggled, "I'll see you soon mother! I miss you lots, and tell father I said hello." You said. You noticed that you were close into your neighborhood so you told the taxi driver to stop the car.

"Thanks mom, I'm just going to do some shopping first, I will see you later mother. Okay now, good bye." You hung up after your mother hung up. You got out of the car and paid for the taxi bill, you saw the taxi drive away. You held onto your black luggage and breathed in the air of Seoul. Oh how different it was from the United States. 

You turned your heel and started to walk down the hill of your neighborhood. You saw little stores that you used to go to with Gi Kwang, you weakly smiled and looked away from it. Not wanting to remember Gi Kwang no longer..

--

After shopping for gifts you walked all the way over to your neighborhood and into your home.

"Mother I'm home." 

You were greeted by a fast paced figure that threw her arms around you for a warm welcoming embrace. Your father walked out of his office room and the first thing you saw upon his face was a smile. You ran up to your father and hugged him tightly, "Father. I've missed you so much. How are you?" You asked.

"I'm healthy as always daughter, I've missed you a lot too. Have a seat, Oh and honey?"

"Yes?" Your mother asked.

"Remember that another guest is coming over, you didn't forget did you?" He asked.

"No honey. I didn't forget!"

You sat down on the couch and rememberd your child hood memories with this couch. You would always sleep on it and always jump on it. This was your favorite couch from your other couches. You rubbed your hands along the leathery couch and smiled. "The house looks the same." you smiled.

"Yes, and you changed a lot daughter. You've grown to be a beautiful woman." He complimented you and smiled. You smile back,

"So who is this guest we're having?"You played around with the pillow that was next to you wondering who it was.

"Gi Kwang." 

You stopped your playing and looked up at him with a serious look. You gulped down your saliva and choked on your words. "W-what?" You asked one more time.

"Gi Kwang? Your childhood friend? Your best friend? Yes I invited him, I thought you would be excited...no?"

"N-no it's not that.." You got up from the couch and walked up the stairs leaving your dad behind confused. You went up to your room and closed the door behind you. Your room was very neat and everything was exact in place. It seemed like your mother cleaned up your room before you came. You smiled weakly, you sat down on your bed and wondered.

"Will everything be alright? Will everything be back into a normal tone?" You asked yourself.

The door swung open, and you saw a figure that looked fimiliar. You stood up, "..G-Gi kwang..."

His face expression didn't change, he wasn't even shocked like you were, he gradually walked in dragging himself. "What are you doing here." He slid his fingers against your drawer. His lips didn't creek a smile, it was straight. His eyes were out of strength, you slid your hands along your sides. You didn't know what to say.

"Just for a visit." You said polietly trying not to make it sound awkward.

"Ahh I see. Are you going to plan to go back to the states after?" He asked leaning himself against the drawer. You fidgited with your fingers, "Umm I think so."

"Oh I see..."

There was an awkward silence, you didn't know if you should say something or just leave it be. You sneeked your eyes to look at him, his expressionless face, his baggy eyes, and something about him told you that he was hurt inside. 

"..How were you?" You gulped and asked, at your words, he cringed his face and made a wrinkle mark against his top brush of his nose.

"I-" His voice cracked, "I was fine."

"That's good. Well Iv-"

"Until you left me all of a sudden like that." He gulped. 

"...Gi Kwang I-"

"No..don't say anything." He gulped, his tears streamed down his face. His lips were dry and his face was pale in one color. He wiped his tears away and he sniffed, 

"Can I atleast tell you something?" He asked me facing the ground, not able to face me at all..

"I've loved you.. the reason why I couldn't tell you was because I thought you would reject me. We had a close bond and a relationship, that I thought you've always wanted that standard. I've always wanted to be with you, I tried to spend less time with you cause I knew if I told you I loved you..our friendship will set sail and say goodbye...and I didn't want that happening.."

"...Your girlfriend..."

"My girlfriend? Oh..her..I broke up with her because she got to clingy and that's when I started to like you...a lot." His voice faded away leaving echoes in your ear as your face expression changed.

"...Why didn't you tell me?" You asked in pain, you didn't want to forget the memories anymore, they were too precious.

"I was about to, that night. But you left me..I felt so stupid for not telling you sooner. I've wondered why I was such a scaredy cat and I didn't confront you. If I had confessed to you, I knew that I would make you happy because we felt the same way, but I didn't know that. I was such a stupid bastard back then."

You shot up from your bed and looked at him, "Hey- you are not a stupid bastard. You are nothing like a bastard..you were my crush, and my lover." You voice trembled. Suddenly all the thoughts ran inside your head; like someone who has been running away from it's life and now returns home..back into thought.

"Then why did you leave me. I still don't get it HeeJin. In my life there was only you! And I wanted you from the start! But you escaped and I couldn't even try to catch you! Do you even know how I've felt! I felt like the whole world was going to collapse cause of me HeeJin! Because of me!!" He yelled. Streams of tears flew out of his eyes making his eyes turned slightly red.

"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL HEEJIN. AND YOU NEVER WILL. YOU KNOW WHY!?...IF YOU WERE IN MY SHOES AT THAT MOMENT, YOU WOULD WANT TO END YOUR LIFE. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I'VE WANTED TO DIE BECAUSE YOU WERE GONE. AND THE FACT THAT I THOUGHT YOU WERE NEVER GOING TO COME BACK..DO YOU KNOW HOW MISERABLE I WAS?!" He yelled, he choked on his words making you cry as well..

"..E-everyday...I've watched the sunset alone, hoping and pleading for you to comeback. Every winter I've waited alone on my roof top watching the sunset...Everyday, when the sun sets..I knew the day was over, and I was counting each day, when you were gonna come back...but no one knew..not even my heart..."

He stopped talking, trying to calm himself down.

"I'm sorry..."

"Don't tell me that you're sorry...I've waited too long for you and the word 'sorry' doesn't fix anything. It still amazes me that I'm still alive..and I've waited seven years for you to return..how crazy am I?" He pleaded. His tear drops fell onto the ground making a perfect shape. He looked at you with a sorrow look and his lips trembled, "I can't even face you anymore HeeJin...I'm scared that you're going to banish again.."

"...I won't leave then." You looked up, then he looked at you.

"I've really missed you HeeJin..." He said and walked slowly up to you letting his hands fall out of his pockets and wrap himself around you embracing you with a zest of happiness, but more with depression. You sniffled against his chest and started to tear, you wrapped your arms around him and started to moan out apoligies towards him, "I'm sorry for everything..I'm sorry that I left you..I'm sorry for making you sad..I'm sorry that you had to wait so long...and I'm sorry.." You said over and over again, repeating every single word.

He pulled back from the hug and begged you, "Please stay."