Chapter 24

Life As A TS Trainee

Mary's POV~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8lSrmZLrZg Ailee-Evening Sky

I woke up to the voices of kids playing around. I slowly lifted my eyelids up to see kids running around and laughing, remembering that I feel asleep in the park. I got up and dusted myself off, feeling a bit dizzy and cold. I was walking back home when I recieved a text from Hana.

Yah! Where are you?! Your grandmother called Jay asking if he's seen you!!! We're worried about you, SHE'S worried about you! Hurry and go home!

I just looked at the text when I snapped out of it and went straight home. I opened the door and saw my grandmother there crying on Doctor Kim's shoulder.

"Halmeoni...ahjussi..." I softly said when Doctor Kim got up and hugged me.

"Where have you been? I've been searching for you all night," he said with his voice cracking, from holding in his cry.

"You were looking for me?" I asked as he nodded. "Why?"

"I asked him too," halmeoni said, sniffling. "Where did you go?"

I looked up at Doctor Kim and gently pushed him away from me, looking at him. "I went to stay at a friend's house..."

"Mary, don't lie to us," he said with teary eyes as I just stared into them. Why do those eyes look so familiar to me? The way he wants to cry, it all looks so familiar...

"I'm not lying to you ahjussi," I slowly spoke, feeling myself more light-headed.

"I know when you're lying Mary," he softly said, approaching me then touched my forehead and sighed. "Why didn't I check there?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"The park. You slept at the park, didn't you? Your head is burning up and you're pale," he said with a worried expression. He took my hand and led me to the couch, making me sit next to halmeoni as she touched my forehead.

"Mary, why did you sleep at the park?!" she said almost like she was yelling at me. "You're sick!"

I brushed her hand off my forehead and faintly smiled, "I'm not sick halmeoni. I'm perfectly fine."

"No you're not-"

"Halmeoni," I said, cutting her off.

"Noona?" I heard Youngjin's voice from my bedroom. He came out with messy bed hair and rubbed his eyes. "Is that you?"

I smiled and nodded as he came and sat in my lap. "Where were you last night? Appa, went looking-"

"Appa?" I asked with round eyes as he nodded. "Where is he?"

"Youngjin-ah, don't say such nonsense," halmeoni said with a warning look.

"Halmeoni...did he really come look for me?!" I asked with tears in my eyes as she hung her head low. "Where is he? I want to see him."

"Mary, I think it's best if you stay..." Doctor Kim trailed off, looking at me then to halmeoni then back to me. "Why is there this kind of atmosphere all of a sudden?"

"Minhyun-ah," halmeoni softly said, looking up at him. I looked at him too as he looked lost.

"A-appa..." I quietly said as his gaze was on me now.

"What did you say?" he asked as I felt something wet roll down my cheek.

"Why...why didn't you tell me?" I asked as he blinked. "Appa, answer me!"

He widened his eyes and it was like time had stopped for the both of us. I looked at him with my tears rolling as his mouth opened, trying to say something.

"Why didn't you come back for us? For me?" I asked, clenching my teeth together, feeling my head and heart hearting.

"Mary, do you remember what I said when you came into my office that day? I'm afraid," he said as I scoffed.

"Do you not remember what I said that day too? I would run into his arms and cry my heart of how much I've missed him!" I shouted, breathing heavily. I felt my legs getting weaker, the cold getting to me, my head hurting like crazy and my lips trembling. I couldn't hold it anymore, I didn't have to the strength to keep to me standing anymore.

"MARY!" was the last thing I heard before everything out.

3rd Person POV~

Mary was rushed to the hospital with her father, grandmother and brother by her side. Her grandmother cried as well as Youngjin.

"Is noona going to be okay? She's not dying is she?" Youngjin asked as their grandmother held him back from entering the room. "Halmeoni, tell me noona's alright!"

"She will be," their grandmother cried while watching the doors of the E.R close. "She will be okay, because her father's there to help her."

---Hours Later---

Doctor Kim came out of the E.R doors as Youngjin and his mother stood up to hear the results.

"So, how is she?" she asked as Doctor Kim sighed.

"She has a high fever, with some medicine and some rest, she'll be back to normal," he softly said as she nodded.

"Appa, she won't die right?" Youngjin asked as he smiled and nodded.

"Noona, will be good as new once she recovers," he said and gently brushed Youngjin's hair back. Heavy footsteps were heard from the hallway and appeared B.A.P and Mary's members along with Jay.

"How's Mary?"

"Will noona be okay?!"

"What exactly happned?!"

"Is she awake yet?!" all these voices asked at the same time. Doctor Kim raised his hand up to shush them down and softly smiled.

"She'll be alright. She just needs some rest and some quiet time," he said as they nodded. Daehyun looked at the E.R sliding doors and couldn't believe she was sick. He felt guilty that he wasn't there to help her and protect her and now she was sick. His heart felt heavy as his eyes stung with tears.

"Has she transfered to a room yet?" Daehyun asked.

"Not yet, but she will," Doctor Kim responded. "Excuse me for a bit, I have to go file this into the computer."

They nodded and he left them with Youngjin and his grandmother. Youngjin noticed that Daehyun had tears in his eyes and went up to him, tugging at his shirt.

"Hyung, don't cry. Appa said noona will be alright, she won't die," Youngjin said with a smile as he looked down and patted Youngjin's head.

"Wait, did you just say appa?" Youngjae asked as the little boy nodded. "Mary's father?!"

"Not just Mary, but mine too," Youngjin stated, making the older ones look at each other.

"She never mentioned her father, so I thought he died," Zelo whispered to Jongup as he thought so too.

"I didn't know her father was a doctor," Jay said, tilting his head to the side thinking about it.

"She didn't know either," halmeoni said and told them everything, from the past to the present.

"Mary went through a lot," Jihye softly said as the others agreed with her. "Where did her mother go?"

"We don't know and we don't plan on looking for her," Mary's grandmother said with a smile. Doctor Kim came back and said, "She's been transfered to a room, big enough for us all to fit in. Do you guys want to see her quickly?"

They entered the room to see Mary peacefully sleeping and really pale. Just looking at her was enough for Daehyun; he didn't want to cry in front of them.

"And to think I was going to call and yell at her again for not coming on time," Jay softly said. B.A.P had another schedule to attend, so they couldn't stay for long.

"Let's go Daehyun," Yongguk said as Daehyun didn't move an inch. Yongguk deeply exhaled and went up to him, putting his hand on Daehyun's shoulder. "We have to get going. We don't want a scolding."

"But Mary," Daehyun softly said.

"She'll still be here tomorrow, now lets get going," Yongguk said and took Daehyun out. They got into their van and it drove off. "Daehyun."

"What hyung?" he replied while looking out the window.

"I know you care and worry for Mary, but you chose this path to become an idol and now you are. Don't let something like this stop you from working because you and I both know Mary would rather have you work your off than be with her now. If she's dying, then it's a whole different story, but she's only sick. She'll recover," Yongguk said, referring to earlier when Daehyun didn't want to leave the hospital. Daehyun had nothing to say and so he stayed quiet. "Because you fulfilled her promise, you have to continue to make her proud."

Daehyun felt something wet roll down his cheeks as he let it dry itself. I told her she was my first priority and my career came last, but why can't I put her first now? It's because I fulfilled this promise that I can't be with her.