A Goodbye

A 'Good' Bye

 

You sighed for nth times today. Looking at your phone screen as you sat on the bed in your room. For the thirteen times, you pick up your phone and pressed a few button before waiting for someone you called to pick it up. So long. Until you thought he wouldn't answer again this time but he did.

 

"Hello?" His voice heard in other line.

 

"Hi." You replied and stay calm for a while. "Still busy?" You said.

 

He went quite and didn't answered you right away. Making you palmed your head in silent frustration.

 

"Maybe we just could eat together next time. I know you're busy." You said, because you can totally read his mind this time. Just like the other previous times.

 

"I promise we'll eat together soon, okay?" He said in regret. He feel bad. He always does. But none of you both could do anything. It's not the first time he cancelled your plan on the last minute.

 

"Don't promise. I will hurt if you can't keep that." You said while chuckled.

 

***

 

"Practice at 5pm, okay? We have a talent show next week. There's so much things we should prepare"

 

Kyuhyun sighed when he heard it this morning. He had been almost one year become a trainee on this company. And this time is the time when he should working harder for this because it's so close on debut. At least it's what they said so to him. Busy is already labeled on him since he decided to be trainee on this company. Practice and just keep practice.

 

It's already 9.50pm now. Kyuhyun just finished his practice and now he saying goodbye to all his friend while waving in smiled. He walked around the dark road. His body felt so tired. Even his eyes felt like it's about to closed anytime. Sleepy is coming so badly.

 

He keep walking, while sometimes his eyes couldn't support him and he let his eyes closed for a seconds as he looked down. But he tried to not sleep as walking, so he opened his eyes again.

 

"Ergh" Kyuhyun groaned in frustration, trying to fight back his sleepy while widened his eyes. Finally he decided to dropped on coffee shop before arrived at home. In case if he won't stand it anymore and he might be sleeping on the bus later. So he's just come in and ordered on cupp of coffee.

 

"Thank you" the young man said as he give Kyuhyun his order. Kyuhyun just nodded in reply and sit down.

 

He took out his phone and slurping his coffee slowly since he know it is still hot. Playing with his phone for a while, Kyuhyun suddenly realized something when he looked at the phone screen. The date and time showed at the upper screen. His eyes widened suddenly and something snapped him.

 

What...? Today is....

 

He gasped silently. Without thinking twice he directly pressed and hold number 1 button to call someone before put it on his ear. Firstly, nobody answer. He tried once again. This time he could hear a girl voice answered with husky voice.

 

"Hello"

 

Kyuhyun's heart skipped a beat when heard that voice he missed so much.

 

"Hey, are you sleeping already?" Kyuhyun asked. Don't know why, it's just he wanted to say that first. Not literally to the point.

 

"It's passed ten. Shouldn't we sleeping?" She answered and give me a little chuckled. "What are you doing?" She asked softly. Or we could say, very low voice.

 

"Coffee shop. After practice." Kyuhyun answered. She just hummed there. Kyuhyun bit his lower lip for a while. Feeling the guilty inside of him to forget this important day, afraid whether he should say this or not now.

 

"Umm, by the way, happy birthday.." Kyuhyun said finally after debating with his mind.

 

His girlfriend there suddenly chuckled again with low voice but this time it's a little bit longer. Kyuhyun palmed his head.

 

"You forget, don't you?" She said.

 

Kyuhyun snapped out. He stunned as looking at the cupp in front of him. "I'm sorry.." He replied in honest.

 

"It's okay." She said in respons.

 

Just that. Why everything is so awkward. Even Kyuhyun doesn't know what he should say anymore. He's just regret to death to forget his own girlfriend's birthday. Embarassing. For some reason he is so embarrassed.

 

"I wish you have a happy life, healthy, lovely, and loving me even more. Have a great birthday." Kyuhyun said and trying to smile so his tone would not sounds bad. But she just keep quite without answering. Making Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows.

 

But suddenly, "Thanks" she replied softly in very low voice. More like whispering. And Kyuhyun swear after that he could heard her sobs.

 

Kyuhyun widened his eyes and for a while he freeze to hear that sobs. He swear, that was a sob. Eventhough it's just a little bit, but he could hear it. Make the pain of guiltness grow inside of him.

 

"I'm sorry.. I can't give you anything today. I can't even meet you. I'm sorry I'm forget." Kyuhyun said softly as his heart thumped even faster in pain. The image of his girlfriend crying over there keeps disturbing him eventhough he's not sure about that.

 

She clears . Humming and trying to talk nicely, "At least you're calling. Thank you" she said. And Kyuhyun smiled blurry in bitter.

 

 

***

 

 

Time passed. Everything's not going right even more. You thought you would get through this nicely, but it is too hard to handle. More cancelled plans, he forgot your birthday, forgot your anniversary, didn't meet up with you this month, arguing in the phone just because a small things, in the future, what else? Everyone will never know how it feels and how it hurt to be alone without him in your birthday, especially in your anniversary. You made so much plan for that day since a weeks ago, but all has faded away. It makes you upset. Terribly sad. Even when he's just a trainee, he already got no time for you.

 

You laid on your bed with your tummy and stared at your phone. Showing the photo of you and Kyuhyun together smiling playfully in the past. When could you get those happy life back? Not sure. You quickly sighed hardly, blame yourself for being so selfish. That's the time when you finally thinking; You don't wanna hurt any longer.

 

You pressed and hold number 1 button to call Kyuhyun. Waiting for him to pick it up, and not long after that he did. You just asked him whether he is busy, and he is just answered he's on the vocal class right now.

 

"Oh, you're busy. I shouldn't calling" You said in a low voice yet soft. You understand, he is so close with his debut. That's why he must be so busy. Kyuhyun didn't answer, you know he must be can't say 'its okay' since it's not. He is real busy at this moment. "But, Kyu. Can we meet..?"

 

"Meet..?" Kyuhyun said, he sounds surprise. It's the first time you asked him to meet you. Usually, he is the one who suggest to made a plan to meet, and you just agreed.

 

"Yes, I want to meet you." You said.

 

"Next week!" Suddenly his voice lightened up. He sounds excited for some reason and you couldnt help but smile. "I'm free next week. On Tuesday. We can go on vacation. We go to beach, what do you think?" He asked again. Suddenly from other line you can hear someone calling Kyuhyun get him to continue practice because it's his turn now.

 

You quickly said, "Good idea. Wherever you want too. The point is, no more cancel." You said softly while smiled. Kyuhyun agreed and say yes. "I have something important to say" She suddenly added.

 

Now Kyuhyun didnt respond for a couple seconds. It seems like he already know what you are going to say since suddenly your voice darkened.

 

"Something important to say?" He said slowly.

 

"Yes, after we had fun at the beach, okay?" You said softly with shaking voice. You can't stand it anymore. Kyuhyun just say okay before he told you that he will pick you up at home next week, and you both hung up the phone.

 

***

 

No matter the pain, I still like it, because now I’m going to see you
Because this time spent living apart, 
I’ve missed you so

 

***

 

"What else should we doing?" Kyuhyun asked you while hold your hand so tightly and intertwined your fingers together.

 

You and him already playing with the sand, playing with the water splashing each other, rent a bicycle, taking a picture together, just walking at the sand holding hands, and now it's almost sunset. Time passed so quickly when you're with him. You were so happy at this moment. Feels like you almost forget about the things you want to say to him today.

 

You keep walking kicking on the sand along with him, "Umm, sand castile?" You said and turned your head to looked up at him.

 

"Should we battle? Who made a best castile is the one who win" He suggest.

 

"Who's the judge?"

 

"Me!" He said patting his chest proudly.

 

You widened your eyes to look at him in disbelief. After that he laughed hard to see your expression like that.

 

"I will be fair. Calm down" Kyuhyun said between his laughs.

 

You just narrowed your eyes, "I don't believe you"

 

Kyuhyun laughs again and he pulled your hand to bent down before he said, "ok, let's start now!" He let go of your hand and start to make his own castile. You smiled to see him so playful and you started to make your own. 

 

At the first, everything was fair. You and Kyuhyun busy with your own world making a sand castile. Carefully creating a beautiful casting with your hands, even it looks so ugly and unnatural. Kyuhyun started mocking you and saying that was an ugly creature.  You laughed and admit it in your mind but you fight him back with saying his castile also ugly as much as yours. Suddenly when you put the leaves on the top of your castile to make its own nation flag, Kyuhyun doesn't accept it since you finished first.

 

"What is this flag!" Kyuhyun mocked you and laughs before he suddenly pulled away your castile 'nation flag' away. But too bad, when he pulled it away, all of your castile collapsed without his purpose. In this moment, you and Kyuhyun dropped your jaw widely.

 

"Kyuhyun!" You yelled at him and glared to him. But he is just laughs, couldnt hold his laughter back.

 

"It's your fault! You build it with so weak foundation!" He dogde with laughter.

 

Finally, the sand-castile made competition now turned into war sand. You quickly throw a sand to his tummy, making him gasped and stop laughing. And that was war begins. You threw sand to each other just like at the snowball war. But you guys didnt realize that it is sand, until Kyuhyun unpurposely threw it too hard and get into your eyes.

 

"Ah!" You reflexly closed your eyes and raised your hand to cover it.

 

Kyuhyun stopped and widened his eyes, "Why why why??" He asked.

 

"Aish..you..." You just mumbled while rubbed your eyes.

 

"Ah, sorry. Don't close your eyes, come here" Kyuhyun said and cupped your face with his thumb carefully rubbed your eyes. When you opened your eyes, he slowly blow your eyes not just once softly to make the sand wiped away. Making you feel better. But not your heartbeat.

 

"Better?" He asked you and looking deep in your eyes. You just hummed and nodded. He smiled at you so close.

 

"Okay, let's end this war here" He said and chuckled.

 

With the passing of a period of time, I’ll be able to see you being touched once again one day
Though my heart may hurt, my lips will still smile on that day
On that day, unable to express my love for you
This is the day my heart cannot be stilled
This is the of the break up

 

Now you and Kyuhyun just sat crossed legs side by side watching the sunset in front of you. It's been around ten minutes you both just quitely sitting without talking. Busy with own minds. When the sun finally slowly sinking, Kyuhyun is the one who broke the silence.

 

"You said you have something important to say" Kyuhyun said in hesitant. He is not sure whether he should bring about this or not now. Because he feels like already know what about you're going to say.

 

You turned your head slowly at him, just like he did. Making you stared at each other face. Finally, it is the time. You cleared your throat, taking a deep breath, before quickly saying,

 

"Kyuhyun, let's break up."

 

Kyuhyun freeze at this moment. His body stiffened at your words. Finally, those words comes out, you both think.

 

"Is that all?" Kyuhyun asked, without he already know the answer.

 

"Yes. That's what I want to say to you. I'm sorry, but this relationship feels wrong. I'm not happy in these months." You said in honest. Carefully saying as having no intention at all to hurt his heart. 

 

But he already hurt. Kyuhyun stunned again to hear those words, knowing that you're not happy this long time. "But we just had a great time today. Isn't happy?" He raised an eyebrow and asked you with plead eyes. It's just making you feel bad.

 

"Today. But what about back then in these past few months? what about in the future?" You said, and this time he didn't answer.  He couldn't find the answer since he also know what will happen. And worse, he couldn't do anything. "I did not leaving you, but I don't know why I have a feeling you will leave me in the future. Even before you become a star, you already have no time. When you debut and become a singer, your company won't let you announce you have a girlfriend." You said, and you don't know since when your voice crack. But this is just too emotional for you. Let him go like this, even you don't want to.

 

Kyuhyun silently admit it was right. He also confused about this. That's the rule of company, and that was so bad. But once again, he couldn't do anything.

 

"I'm sorry I'm selfish. But I really can't take if that's really happen. You won't know how it will be so hurt to be me.." You said slowly and husky.

 

"You're not selfish, don't say sorry. I know it.." Kyuhyun said and stared at you teary eyes. How much he really want to hug you right now since he could see your trembling and your tears would falling anytime soon.

 

"You never know. And you never will.." Your answer surprised him. You looked down, started to afraid you can't stand to see his face any longer.

 

But Kyuhyun's eyes still got locked on you. His eyes not leaving you at all. Just like he wanted it to, but he can't. "If I choose to chasing you over my dream, will you give another chance for me?" He asked softly.

 

You raised your head again, turned to him again to shook your head. "You don't need to. I don't want you to feel regret. This is your biggest dream. I'm just another stone who will blocked your way. You gotta keep going" You said.

 

"What if I don't wanna keep going without you?"

 

Kyuhyun makes you want to crying even more to heard that. You know he couldn't do it eventhough he want to. Just knowing he has already gone this far, so close to reached his dreams, impossible for him to let this go.

 

"Life is about sacrifying," You said in low with full of sorry. You just want him as much as he wants you. But that's impossible now. "Go to your own way. And I'll go on mine." You said after preparing your heart.

 

You raised your feet up to your chest and hugged them so tight. Released a deep breath while buried your face above your knees. Hiding your tears. But Kyuhyun is just know you too well. He stunned to see you act like this with aches heart. Once again, he really want to hug you right away, but he is afraid. "Will you be okay?" He asked. Without realized, his eyes started to get teary too.

 

"I will.." You lied mumbled on your knees. Too bad, because you're also not sure yet now whether you will be okay or not without him.

 

"Oh.. will you really? Because I'm not sure about me." Kyuhyun said. But you're not answering him right away, instead of just hearing a small sobs coming from your nose. Making the pain on his chest bigger.

 

You raised your head, wiped your tears away quickly so Kyuhyun wouldn't see it. But your eyes still wet. He already see it. "You will be okay without me." You said in blank stares. "You will chasing your dream. Becoming a great star just like you want to since you're little. Sooner or later, you won't come home so often. You won't have a time to meet up with me. You will be so far away from me." You said between your ache heart. You're not really want to say that but there is something that pushed you to say that.

 

"I won't happy beside you, Kyu."

 

Kyuhyun gives up now. You said that words again. Telling him and you won't happy if you keep with him. "If that's what you want," Kyuhyun said with teary eyes. You turned your head for a seconds to meet his eyes that looks so painful, before you can't stand it anymore and you deciding to get up. Kyuhyun also get up slowly to see you did so.

 

And then you just completely facing him, looking at his eyes that makes your heartbeat goes faster and weakened in hurts, and said, "Let's stop seeing each other starts from now. Agree?"

 

Kyuhyun just standing quitely without respons. Locking gaze into your eyes. Suddenly he hold your one hand tightly, and his other free hand raised to your face. And tilted his head while slowly he got closer, and closer. He pecked your cheek slowly and very soft. Making your body stiffened at his action. Too sweet of him. After that, he let go of your hand and removed his hand from your face, and slowly wrapped his hands on your shoulder. Finally. He hugging you so tightly as if he never won't let you go.

 

But his words fight back his action, just like the reality fight hardly his will,

 

"I'm agree." He said while his eyes in tears behind your shoulder.

 

***

 

There’s no need for a headache, now I love you this way
La la la la la
With the passing of a period of time, I’ll be able to see you being touched once again one day
Though my heart may hurt, my lips will still smile on that day
La la la la la


No matter how painful it is, I will still like it
This is a blessed moment...

 

***

 

Finished! My third fics, kekeke! I would like to thanked everyone who read it. Sorry, i just want to write this, sorry it it's not so good. But still thank you for reading and subscribing. I love you! I will comeback with another story!! Fighting! :3 Byebye! -arthie-