The Model and The Tomboy

Slave-Contract Love

 

It was a warm day of the late summer season. Even with the heat, the citizens of Seoul were still active and roaming around. One of these citizens was a young girl about 165cm. with dark chocolate hair that blew with the light cool breeze. She wore a pink blouse with her white skirt and a pair of lace flats while carrying her white bag. The young girl came to the building in front of her. It was called Paradise Café and like the name states, the place was another paradise for her to escape to. As she entered the café, she was instantly greeted by the feminine boy that she knew.

                "Oh Soojung noona! You're here!"

                "Hi Sungjong," the girl ruffled his hair, "When did you become so handsome?"

                "Psh, obviously since forever."

                "Where’s your sis? Is she working right now?"

                "In the kitchen. You want the usual?"

                "I'll be sitting over there."

The young girl sat by the window that revealed the view of Han River. She smiled when she saw a figure slide into the seat in front of her.

                "You slacker, what are you doing here?"

                "Nice seeing you too, Minah."

Minah scoffed and gave her a small wave before the two talked. They were childhood friends of a long time and although they were different, they loved one another like sisters.

                "So, what's the model Yang Soojung doing these days?"

                "Yah, I'm your unnie. Give me some respect. It wouldn't hurt ya know."

                "You don't even earn the title "unnie". So tell me, how's modeling life been?"

Yang Soojung sighed. She was a 19 year-old model who recently left her parents due to their excessive help. Soojung has always dreamed of being a model and wanted to become independent. Just a couple of months ago, Soojung left home and rented a small condo to herself while trying to find a good company to join. But, lately, she hasn't been able to find any kind of work.

                "I've been good, although, it could be better."

                "I told you hundreds of times, the modeling business is super tough. And yet, here you are, still looking for a modeling company to take you in."

                "It's not my fault that they don't choose me."

                "I wouldn't even choose you."

Soojung rolled her eyes at Minah. Although Minah was only a year younger and a few centimeters shorter than Soojung, she was really different from what a lot of people expect. She was a tomboy who was very straight-forward and won't mind telling you what she thought. Besides that, Minah got annoyed easily, especially by Soojung, and was usually mean towards a lot of people. But, Minah was actually a very caring girl and always stuck up for herself and her loved ones.

                "Did I tell you that I hate you sometimes?"

                "I hate you all the time," Minah confessed, "But hey, what are friends for?"

They laughed and began talking about the latest trends such as fashion, politics, and, yes, celebrities. Soojung and Minah were fans of many stars such as Lee Jinki, Royal Family [Jessica, Yoona, Yuri], and so many others. Sungjong came over with Soojung's ice caramel mocha frappé and sat down to join them.

                "Say, did you hear that Taeyeon might be dueting with some other idol for the 'Revolution' OST?"

                "I did," Minah took a sip of the frappé, "I wonder who it is."

                "You don't know?" Sungjong scoffed, "And I thought you were a loyal Perfection?"

                "You dare test my fandom Lee Sungjong? I swear I'll f---"

                "Yah yah yah!" Soojung shouted, "Sit your butts back down or else you'll bring the old man out!"

                "You dare call me "old man" when I'm healthier than you, Ms. Yang?"

The three kids froze as an older man came out wearing a white apron and holding a metal spatula. He was bit chubby and had blonde hair gelled up. The three turned to face him with nervous laughs and smiles.

                "I didn't mean it like that Uncle Shindong," Soojung said, "Seriously."

                "Kids like you these days are so stupid. Especially you three."

                "Sheesh, harsh much?"

                "He's just mad because Sungjong and I failed at our math tests. Psh, it's not even that bad."

                "You both are the lowest ranks in your schools! Even the principal said he hasn't seen anyone score lower than you two combined!"

Minah scoffed and waved him off. Shindong growled before heading off to buy more ingredients for the café. He was the owner and uncle of Minah and Sungjong - yes, the two are fraternal twins - and because he loved them so much, he let them work at the café to get some money to pay off their college. But, at this rate, it seems they won't be graduating high school even if they wanted to.

                "I don't even know why math is so important," Sungjong sighed, "Soojung-noona, how did you pass high school?"

                "Luck dear Sungjong. Pure luck."

                "She basically paid some nerd to do her homework because Princess here can't do schoolwork for . Heck, I'm better at school than her."

                "Really Soojung-noona? Wow, I never thought you'd be dumber than me."

                "Y-Yah Lee Minah! Lee Sungjong! I'm gonna kill you!"

                "Let's just watch some TV."

Minah turned the TV on and Soojung began to chase the two out of pure anger. While the three ran around the café, the TV was left on, reporting some celebrity news.

                "Now winning a triple crown with her newest comeback, 'Time', Kwon Jinyeong has been capturing the hearts of the entire world. Not only has her songs been on the #1 spot for four weeks straight---"

                "COME HERE YOU LITTLE JERKY BRATS!!"


Hope you liked it! Subscribe, comment, give me feedback, etc.!

Make me a cupcake XD

I hope these four people that I dedicated this fic to will read it :DDD

Okay, got to go! Check out my Myunggyu fic if you want to~

Till next time with Slave-Contract Love!