Reminisce

Oppa.. I want YOU!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N : Oh wow, I actually being hiatus for quite long right. I'm so so so sorry guys. I really do. But I'm back now, this time for real, hehe.

And now I need to warn you, this chapter was pretty long even for my taste, so it might bore you. Especially it contained major flashback. So plz forgive me if it's kinda disappointing.

.

.

.

-FLASHBACK-

 

*No one POV*

 

The Kim family was practically a normal family who just happen to be so wealthy & rich. Everything was so normal, until Jessica had come to their life. Not much change though. But for Kyuhyun point of view, it was the start of everything change in his life. He's still so small when he had to accept that he's no longer the youngest in the family. But of course little Kyuhyun couldn't care less, at least not until he began to learn the jealous feeling.

 

---

 

Once upon a time, just before Mr. and Mrs. Kim had kids, they played a silly game only to amuse themselves. It’s about what’s the first word coming from the kid they about to have. Is it a ‘ma’, ‘pa’, or anything. Just for fun it was, but somehow a little competition began to rise between them.

The competition then started with the twins- Leeteuk and Heechul. When they're barely two y/o, they made their first word. It's 'appa' from Leeteuk and 'omma' from Heechul. That made Mr. and Mrs. Kim draw. Then Siwon came next, followed by Donghae. Unluckily for Mrs. Kim, both of them called for their 'appa' as their first word.

Mrs. Kim was slightly upset with it, but when their maknae- Kyuhyun was born, she secretly had her hope high again.

 

And one day…

 

"Omma! Omma" little Heechul ran to get his mom in the kitchen.

"Yes honey?"

"Omma, I think Kyuhyunnie just said his first word"

"Kyu..?"

"Neh"

With that Mrs. Kim rushed to the living room where Kyuhyun had play with Siwon and her husband.

"Yeobo, is it true? Kyu just let out his first word?"

"Ne yeobo.." Mr. Kim replied with a bitter smile on his face.

"Looking at your expression yeobo, I guess it's not you huh" she smiled hugely teasing her husband.

Mr. Kim sighed and nodded, "But yeobo don’t get your hope too high, it's not you either"

"What..?" Mrs. Kim frowned.

"Hear it yourself"

Then it came through her ear, the word that baby Kyuhyun kept repeating again and again,

‘Won’, it’s a ‘won’ from Siwon name. Baby Kyuhyun kept calling Siwon that way as his little hands tried to reach Siwon in front of him. Little Siwon immediately hugged Kyuhyun and cuddled him endearingly while smiling so bright, showing his dimple.

“Omma, Appa, do you hear it, do you hear it. Baby Kyu called my name just now” little Siwon exclaimed happily.

Mrs. Kim smiled, “Yes Siwonnie, we heard it honey”

“Yeobo, you’re not upset?” Mr. Kim wondered after seeing his wife happy expression.

“I thought I’ll be upset, but yeobo.. how can I be upset seeing them like that” she said as she leaned on his husband shoulder “Aww.. our boys look so cute”

Mr. Kim smiled and nodded in agreement.

“Beside..” Mrs. Kim continued, “We still have Sica. I’ll make sure I win her”

 

And then one another day…

 

It happened. The thing Mrs. Kim had longing for. Jessica said her first word. And as Mrs. Kim expected, she didn’t disappoint.

In one afternoon while Mrs. Kim was feeding little Kyuhyun, baby Sica who’s in the stroller called her out of sudden “Ma, ma.. omma…” she cried for her attention.

“OMO!!” exclaimed Mrs. Kim as she surprised. There’s an overwhelming happiness come to her. She quickly rushed to Jessica, and carried her lovingly, leaving little Kyuhyun with his unfinished meal. Little Kyu just starring blankly to the view in front of him –the happy mother and daughter, who seemed to ignore his existence. It was then little Kyu felt something inside him. That time he didn’t know what it is, he only knew he hated those feeling and it’s all because of baby Sica.

And yeah, that’s actually the jealousy he just experienced there.

 

---

 

Kyuhyun never hate Jessica, it just that he kinda dislike her. The way she got all the attention he’s craving for from his parents and hyungs. That’s the reason they’re never been so close. Kyuhyun wouldn’t allow his self to get along well with her, even though Jessica always tried to do so. That happened often during their childhood time.

There’s this one time when Heechul played a kingdom play. He gathered all his siblings to cast them for a role.

“Whatchu wanna become Kyuhyunnie?” he asked little Kyu to which he replied “I don’t know”

“I guess baby Kyu can become a prince hyung” Siwon suggested.

“No way! I’m the prince here”

“How about the princess then?”

“Siwonnie puhlease, Kyu looks so sulky to become a princess. Pretty Sica will be my princess. Will you my Sica?” Heechul asked little Sica.

“Ne oppa~” she said cutely.

“Then, can I become the knight hyung?” Kyu voiced his opinion.

Heechul quickly agreed, but suddenly little Donghae added innocently “But hyung, in some story I read, there’s this knight who stole the princess from the prince, they run away with his white horse, then elope & live happily ever after.”

“Really?!!”

“Yep”

“W-what? But I won’t do that. Sooyeon is too whinny. I don’t want a princess like her” Kyu tried to argue. Little Sica almost broke into tears hearing his words.

“YA Kyuhyunnie, did you just insult my princess? You must apologize to Sica now” Heechul demanded.

“I WON’T. I’d rather quit!!” little Kyu screamed then ran to his daddy to cry on his embrace.

“APPA, I HATE SOOYEON! I hate her! She always ruins everything!”

“Aww Kyu… But she’s your only sister” his dad consoled him.

“I DON’T NEED A SISTER. Why can’t I become the maknae instead of her”

“You’re also the maknae for appa Kyuhyun-ah… my maknae boy. And Sooyeon is my maknae girl. You have to accept that son…”

 

---

 

And then when Jessica had her 5th birthday party…

 

“Make a wish Sica honey…” Mrs. Kim told the five y/o Jessica.

She closed her eyes and folded her hands in front of her chest as she said her wish silently. The next seconds, she opened her eyes and blew the candles in front of her, hoping her wish will come true someday. All of her family member clapped their hands as she did it.

“So… what are you wish for sweety?” Her mom asked again.

“Hihi…” Sica giggled, “I wish… someday… I’ll get married to oppadeul”

“Aww… that’s cute”

Jessica flashed her best smile then asked her oppa one by one “Leeteuk oppa, will you marry me?”

“Of course I will, I mean I do” said Leeteuk, grinning.

“Heechul oppa, will you marry me?

“I do Sica princess. That will make us the world’s prettiest bride & groom”

“Siwon oppa, will you marry me?”

Siwon smiled and replied “I do Sica baby…”

“Hae oppa, will you marry me?

Donghae answered enthusiastic “I do I do I do I do I do I do I do I-”

“Oppa~ I get it” Sica laughed seeing his antics.

And when she’s about to ask Kyuhyun the same thing, she hesitate a bit since she learned enough that Kyuhyun kinda dislike her. Her brows twitched as she looked at his direction timidly, didn’t know what to say. But then little Sica encouraged herself. She’s about to open again when Kyuhyun, upset Kyu to be exact, snickered cynically “BABO SOOYEON!”

“...N-neh?” Jessica stuttered.

“Your wish won’t come true”

“W-wae…” she asked weakly.

“First, it supposed the boy who asks the girl. Second, we’re all siblings. And siblings can’t get married. Haven’t you read the book”

“YAH Kyu! Stop acting so smart dongsaeng-ah” Leeteuk yelled at him. But that’s too late. Sica’s face was already full of tears. She’s crying, crying out so loud that successfully made her face turned so red. Her mom quickly hugged her & shushed her.

“O-Omma… oppa nappa!! I HATE HIM!!” cried her.

Everything went so fast after that. The party discontinued as the birthday girl locked herself in her room alone. The same thing happened to Kyu though, because he couldn’t stand his angry hyungs who blamed him for making Sica cried. Even Siwon who usually always defend him was upset at him too. He tried to sleep when he heard someone open the door. It’s his father.

“What is it appa? Are you going to punish me?” he asked as he watched him approach him on bed.

His father sighed before took a seat beside him “I’m not going to punish you son, but you have to know that what you did earlier was wrong” he said tenderly.

“But what I said is true appa”

“Well… kinda…”

“Kinda?” Kyuhyun made a confuse look.

“That’s not important son. But let me tell you this, good guy should never make a girl cry especially your own sister. Are you the good guy or the bad guy Kyu-ah?”

Kyuhyun pouted “Playing bad guy is more fun though appa”

His dad smacked his head in playful manner “Ya! We’re not playing game now Kim Kyuhyun”

“Ne, arraso” he sighed “So what should I do now appa?”

“Isn’t it obvious son?”

“Apologize?! But appa… I don’t know what to say. Sooyeon won’t probably forgive me. She hates me already” Kyu ranted.

“Aigoo, you don’t even try it yet” his mom who just appeared in his room interrupted.

“That’s right. Here’s maknae-ah, try this” his dad whispered something to him.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and mumbled “Okay, okay, I’ll do it.”

“That’s my boy” his mom kissed Kyu cheek before he left to Sica’s room next door.

“So, what did you tell him to do yeobo?” Mrs. Kim asked to which his husband only smile in response.

.

“Sooyeon-ah…” 6 y/o Kyuhyun said almost in whisper as he climbed on Sica’s bed. Jessica was sleeping, or she seemed like it. She covered her face with a pillow. Not moving an inch.

Kyuhyun sighed. He then tried to see her face by taking the pillow that covers it, but failed. Sica clutched on it so tight.

He scoff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter