Chapter 11

Guitar Boy [EDITING]

 

Gongchan’s POV

“_____ likes him!”

Did I hear her right? _____ likes CNU hyung?

I’d be lying if I said that didn’t hurt my feelings just a little. It’s always seemed like she has a crush on me or, at least, likes me the best out of all my hyungs.

I mean we have known each other the longest…

Maybe she moved on because I’ve been avoiding her and pretending I don’t know her? It’s not like I want to ignore her, though! It’s just something I have to do.

“She what?” Hwa-Young shouts, rising from the couch to glare at the door the two just left through.

“She likes CNU,” Soo repeats slowly, “So I’m giving them alone time!”

“You’re letting my 18 year old sister have alone time with a 21 year old, testosterone filled, man?” She makes air quotes around ‘alone time’ and stares at Soo incredulously.

Soo raises and eyebrow, “I’m not the one who let them leave, and you said you didn’t want her to go alone.”

Hwa-Young opens to say something but, realizing Soo is right, she sits back down and crosses her arms over her chest.

Jinyoung gives her an apologetic smile, “Mianhe, Hwa-Young-ssi, my sister can get a little carried away.”

A little? I scoff and turn to look out the window. Soo can get way beyond ‘carried away’ without even blinking.

***The night before***

My phone rings and I glance at the screen to read the Caller I.D.

It’s Soo.

I smile and pick up the phone, “Yoboseyo?”

“Ne, Gongchan oppa? It’s Soo. What are you doing tonight?”

I glance around the bedroom I share with Baro, CNU, and Sandeul. The three are passed out in there bunks and I hear Jinyoung hyung practicing the piano in his room down the hall.

I sigh out of boredom, “Absolutely nothing.”

Soo giggles on the other line. Her laugh has always reminded me of a bird’s chirping. It’s really light and cheery and never fails to make me smile.

“Same here. Wanna hang out, you know, like old times? We haven’t done anything in forever!” She asks.

Soo and I have been friends since before I was even a trainee. Her apartment was right across the hall from mine, so we were literally always together. Whether it was walking to school, dong homework, or hanging out around Seoul, we were always together.

Obviously, I’ve known Jinyoung hyung just as long.

But ever since I became a trainee and she transferred schools for…reasons…, I’ve had less and less time to just ‘hang out’. I miss spending time with Soo; there’s never a dull moment and I actually enjoy her company.

I look over at the clock. 10:15 p.m. It’s not that late, yet.

“Sure, why not,” I reply finally.

She cheers and tells me to meet her at our favorite karaoke place. I agree and close my phone, placing it back in my pocket.

I throw on a hoodie and a baseball cap, hoping no one recognizes me. The chances of me being recognized are slim because 1) it’s nighttime, and 2) B1A4 isn’t that popular yet.

I grab some money hidden inside my pillow case and shove it in my pocket and quickly look around to make sure the hyungs are still asleep and didn’t see my hiding spot.

The coast is clear.

I hop down from the bunk as quietly as I possibly can and tiptoe past Jinyoung hyung’s room, glancing over my shoulder every few seconds.

I reach the door without a problem and silently slip out of the dorm. I practically sprint to the karaoke place.

When I get there, Soo is already waiting for me outside. She spots me a little ways down the sidewalk an waves frantically, a huge smile plastered on her face.

“OPPA! OVER HERE!” She calls.

I wave back and jog over to her, “Annyeong, Soo-ah!”

She smiles at me and links her arm with mine, “Ready to sing your lungs out?”

“You know it.”

Karaoke is fun for the first half hour until Soo gets up to leave for the bathroom.

“I’ll be right back,” she announces at the end of my song. I totally nailed ‘This Is War’ by MBLAQ.

“Ne.” I browse through the catalog of songs while she’s gone, trying to decide my next song. After a few minutes, Soo comes back in.

“Your turn,” I smile, shoving the microphone her way.

She ignores me and sits down next to me on the couch. Her bangs hang over her eyes and she stares at the floor.

I raise an eyebrow, “Soo?”

She doesn’t answer.

I knock on her head with my knuckles, “Hello, earth to Soo.”

Slowly, she raises her head and stares blankly at me. Tears well up in her eyes and she lunges forward, hugging me around the waist.

“OOF,” I fall backwards with the impact, “Yah, Soo! Gwenchana?” She shakes her head frantically and I can feel her tears soaking through my shirt. “What happened?”

“I-I saw,” she sniffles and starts again, “I saw them.”

Oh.

I spend the next few minutes trying to calm her down. Her hiccups finally settle down and her eyes stop tearing. She sniffles and pulls her head back to stare at me with pleading eyes, “Stay with me tonight?”

“B-BWOH?” My eyebrows disappear into my hairline as I gape at her. How can she ask me that? “Aren’t we a bit, em, old for that?”

“Please, oppa?”

“Soo…” I shake my head and try to pry her arms from around my waist, but she tightens her hold.

“Please, oppa, I can’t be alone! If I’m alone again I’ll…I’ll…I’ll go out to that place again! I swear I will!” She screams.

I give her hard look, “No you won’t.”

She glares back, “I will. I’ll call Z-oppa right now and tell him I’m coming.”

I raise an eyebrow, calling her bluff.

With a  smug grin, she pulls away from me and grabs her phone from the small coffee table. She scrolls through her contact list and dials a number. “Yoboseyo? Oppa? Ne, it’s Soo,” she says.

My eyes go wide and I snatch the phone from her hands and end the call, “FINE, I’ll stay with you!”

Her grin widens and she takes her phone back, shoving it in her purse, “That’s better.”

I rub my temple and stand up, grabbing my hoodie and putting the hat back on my head, “Come on, then. Let’s go.”

***Back to right now***

And there you have it. Soo goes out of her way to get whatever she wants. It’s her way or the high way, and when things don’t go according to her plan, she makes life difficult for everyone else by participating in certain ‘activities’.

I sigh and place my face in my palm.

I bet _____-ah doesn’t seek attention that way…

 

Your POV

“So, where are we going?” CNU asks as soon as you exit the apartment.

You puff out your cheeks and tap you chin as the two of you walk down the long hallway towards the elevators, “We can go to my favorite chicken place. It’s not far from here, and it’s really good!”

He smiles and nods his head, sticking out his hand as the elevator doors open to make sure it doesn’t close on you.

“Kamsahamnida,” you say shyly.

The elevator ride is quiet and somewhat awkward, but you get good vibes from CNU. He seems like a really nice guy.

To break the silence, you look up at him, “I really like your music.”

“Ah, jinjja?” He smiles cheekily and you nod.

“What role do you play in the group?”

“I’m vocalist and lead rapper,” he informs you while studying the mirrors that surround the inside of the elevator.

You nod, trying to remember his parts in the songs. He has a very distinct voice, as you recall.

“Ne, you have a really cool voice!” He smiles at your compliment and gestures for you to exit the elevator first as the doors slide open.

It’s almost dark outside and the street lights are starting to turn on. The city is still as bustling as ever, though.

The two of you walk through the empty lobby and through the main doors, inhaling deeply when you reach the outside.

“I love this weather,” you both comment at the same time.

He raises an eyebrow at you and you can’t help but laugh.

“You like the outdoors?” He asks as you point out the direction of the chicken shop.

*Love is a bit of an understatement*

Honestly, you’d rather live somewhere in the country than in the city, but your financial situation doesn’t allow for your family to get a house out in the country, right now. You have to stay in the city where all the work is.

“Ne, more than anything probably,” you pause and rethink your statement, “Oh, besides art, that is!”

He nods his head and shoves his hands in the front pockets of his pants, “You’re an artist?”

Your eyebrows pull down and you bite your lip, “An aspiring one, anyway.”

“That’s cool.”

A smile comes to your face and you look up at him appreciatively. You love when someone actually finds it cool or interesting. It makes you feel special.

“Do you like art, CNU-ssi?”

He wrinkles his nose, “You can call me CNU, if you want. “Ssi” just sounds too formal.”

“Okay.”

“But,” he continues with a thoughtful look, “it depends on the art, I guess. I’m not a fan of modern or abstract art. I really like portraits and realistic drawings the best. When a picture is so detailed that it looks realistic, I can’t help but be jealous of that kind of skill.”

Listening to his response, you don’t regret picking him as your favorite member yesterday at all. If you hadn’t already known Gongchan, you’d probably be a huge fan of CNU.

“That’s the type of art I do, or, try to do,” you admit sheepishly.

“Jinjja?”

You nod and realize that the chicken shop is straight ahead. That walk was way less awkward than you thought it was going to be.

*Thanks Soo!*

CNU follows you inside and you tell him to sit down at a table while you order. He does as you say and seats himself at a table in the far corner of the shop, pulling his hat further down to shield his face better from anyone who might recognize him.

You approach the counter and study the menu hanging on the wall in front of you. Three buckets should be enough for all of you, right?

“Well, if this isn’t a coincidence,” someone says from behind the counter.

You shift your eyes down from the menu and they go wide when they land on the guy behind the counter.

“Myungsoo-ssi?”

 He smiles that adorable eye-smile, “Annyeong, _____-ssi.”

“You work here?” You ask, studying his uniform complete with a nametag.

He grimaces, “Well usually not today, but I got called in last minute. That’s what the call was about earlier.”

“Mianhe,” you frown, “but at least you’re getting paid?”

“Yeah, well, I can’t say I’m in it for the fashion.”

You snicker and can’t help but agree with him. The uniforms here are the most horrendous shade of yellow you’ve ever seen and the chicken hat really doesn’t help the whole thing.

“It’s not that bad,” you lie in order to make him feel at least a bit better.

He rolls his eyes, “Right. What’ll it be then? Dinner box for…” he notices CNU in the corner and his face falls a little, “two?”

“Ani,” you say with a grin and his smile brightens a bit, “can I get three orders of the number seven?”

The number seven includes a box of fried chicken, sides of kimchi and rice, and each comes with a drink.

Myungsoo presses a few buttons on the cash register and glances up at you through his eyelashes, “And to drink?”

“Em…” you bite your lip, not exactly sure what to order. You’ll probably have some banana milk, but you have no idea what the guys like, “Just a second.”

He nods and you hurry over to CNU, “CNU, what do you guys drink?”

“Usually just cola or water,” He says.

You nod and go back to the counter, “Two colas and one water, please.”

“Right away,” Myungsoo sets to work getting your order ready. He fills the boxes with enough chicken to feed and army and gives a generous amount of rice and kimchi. Once the caps are placed on the cups, he places everything on the counter and presses a few last buttons on the register, “15,000 won.”

And that’s why you love this place; it’s cheap.

You fish out a 20,000 won bill from your wallet and hand it to him. He smiles as he takes it from you and extracts your change from the register.

“Kamsahamnida,” he says, “please come again!”

You laugh at the cheesy lines he’s required to deliver and start to gather up the food. Myungsoo an eyebrow, “You gonna carry that all by yourself?”

“Em, ne?”

He shakes his head with a mocking smile, “Yeah, good luck with that.”

As if on cue, CNU walks over and swipes the boxes off the counter with one hand and slides the drinks up his other arm and holds them securely against his side, shivering a little at the cold temperature.

You blink at him in surprise and roll your eyes when he gives you a smug grin.

“It was nice to see you again, Myungsoo-ssi!” You wave and turn to leave the shop.

“See you around!” He calls.

The walk back to the apartment is fairly quick with you and CNU arguing over who carries what. You felt bad that he was trying to balance everything in just his arms. You finally convince him to let you carry the drinks, but have to promise you’ll sketch a portrait for him.

You open the door and step out of your shoes, shoving them against the wall.

“Dinner’s here!” Someone yells from the living room. It sounds like Baro.

Cheers can be heard all around as everyone runs into the kitchen and grabs a seat at the table. You raise an eyebrow at the members and Soo who are all seated around the circular, white table, eager expressions on all their faces. Hwa-Young raises her eyebrow as well.

“What are you sitting there for?” She asks awkwardly.

Sandeul gives her a look, “Waiting to eat?”

“We eat in the living room.”

The six of them exchange glances but stand up and head out into the living room, nonetheless. You and Hwa-Young shrug and follow behind them.

You and your sister haven’t eaten a meal at a table since your father left you years ago. You umma, Hwa-Young and yourself always either went out to eat or ordered take out and ate in random areas of the apartment. But never the table.

It’s not something you can really explain, but you just associate eating at the table with your father.

You settle in on the floor and lay everything out on the coffee table in the middle of the living room while the B1A4 boys watch with hungry eyes. You quickly run back to the kitchen to grab chopsticks when a piece of your hair falls in front of your eyes.

There’s always a spare bobby pin in your pockets, just in case, so you stick your hands in the cardigan pockets to find one.

Instead, you feel a slip of paper. You furrow your brows and fish the paper out of your pocket, unfolding it and holding it in front of your face.

You squint at the somewhat sloppy handwriting to make out what it is.

It’s a note.

“_____-ssi:

Please save my number in your phone so we can contact one another in the future!

732-111-2546

I hope to hear from you and meet up with you, again! ^^

-Myungsoo

P.S. You looked really pretty today!”

 

Your mouth turns up in a smile and your cheeks blush a little at the sweet compliment. You reread the note a few times before placing it back in your pocket for later.

“_____-ah, ppali, we want to eat!” Soo calls from the living room.

“Ah, mianhe!” You swipe the chopsticks off the counter and rush back out to join everyone else.

You all demolish the food in a matter of minutes and Hwa-Young stands up to stretch, patting her stomach with satisfaction, “Mmmm.”

“How very ladylike of you,” You tease as you gather up the empty boxes.

She spits her tongue out and claps her hands together, “Okay, kids, ppali, I have to bring you back to your dorm, now!”

“Two of us are the same age as you,” Jinyoung mutters as he places his trash in the pile.

Hwa-Young rolls her eyes and grabs the car keys, clapping again to get the boys to move faster.

“Can you take me home, too?” Soo yawns. She’s stretched across the whole couch, not even bothering to leave room for anyone else.

Hwa-Young shrugs, “Sure. But we have to leave now.”

Everyone groans and stands up, stretching their backs and patting their tummies. You laugh at the strange scene and stand up yourself, carrying the boxes into the kitchen.

What’ll you do when they leave?

*Oh, right, homework*

What a busy social life you have. Not.

Maybe you’ll text Myungsoo?

*Hmmm*

 

Gongchan’s POV

“_____-ah, we’re leaving!” Hwa-Young noona calls as we all slip into our shoes.

_____ sticks her head out from around the corner and waves at everyone, “Annyeong! It was fun tonight!”

“Ne, we should do it again!” Sandeul and Baro smile.

CNU nods in agreement while Jinyoung and I just stand there awkwardly.

She walks out from the corner and hands something to Hwa-Young, “Just in case.”

I take a peek and realize it’s some money. That’s random.

Hwa-Young rolls her eyes but sticks the cash in her pocket, “Alright, let’s go!”

Everyone turns to leave and _____ gives a final wave, looking straight at me, before spinning around and quickly disappearing into the apartment.

I notice something fall as she walks away and stealthily pick it up off the floor.

I read through it and end up shoving it in my pocket and leaving the apartment in a huff, slamming the door behind me.

WHO THE HELL IS MYUNGSOO?

 

(A/N:) I felt like updating again. 

Teehee ^^

Please comment and upvote! Oh, and what do you think of the characters so far?

Please tell me!!!

Annyeong~