P r o l o g u e

- I Lost My Mind -

- P r o l o g u e -

 

" Baekhyun! For Buddha's sake, pick up your phone!" Chanyeol yelled from the kitchen.

" Just..one more..minute." I was skillfully killing zombies on the screen. I reloaded my black gun and shot a zombie in the head. I am so awesome. 

" BAEKHYUN!" 

I groaned and paused the game. My phone was suprisingly still ringing. I picked up, not bothering to check the caller ID since I was anxious to get back to my game." 

" Hello?"

" Baekhyun."

I perked up and forgot all about zombies. The caller was Kai. I was glad to hear his y voice. He and his family went over to Japan for a week for a vacation and I missed him.

" Kai! How was Tokyo? Was it fun? Did you --"

" I'm breaking up with you."

What. Oh wait, it's April Fools Day! Ahaha, oh how I love him.

" Nice try, I know it's April Fools," I laughed.

I heard him sigh and he hung up. Huh. He must have jet lag. I shrugged and continued destroying zombies.

 

After the April Fools phone call, I noticed Kai would always avoid me everywhere. I would always think about positive thoughts and shrug it off. But one day, Chanyeol cleared everything for me at night while we were playing video games.

" So, how's everything between you and Kai, Baek?" Chanyeol casually asked while munching on potato chips. We were multitasking; shooting a mafia boss while eating chips, sipping our drinks from time to time.

" Dunno. It looks like he's been avoiding me but nah." I replied. Then he stopped playing in the middle of the game. The boss both killed us and 'TRY AGAIN' appeared on the screen.

" Ya!" my voice cracked. " Why did you suddenly stop?! We were almost there!"

Chanyeol had a serious expression on. I shut my mouth. Something was wrong, he was never serious, only for his grandparents when they came over.    " Dude, Baekhyun. When was the last time you guys talked?"

" On April Fools?"

" Two weeks ago, huh..." his voice trailed off. He inhaled deeply and exhaled. " I heard his friends talking with each other about you guys. They said that he really broke up with you over the phone, and on April Fools because to hurt you less. And that he doesn't like you anymore..."

My mind processed every word he said repeatedly. I stood up and pulled Chanyeol up by the collar of his hoodie. He stumbled and choked. " WHAT? WHERE AND WHEN DID YOU HEAR THEM?!" his face was turning pale and I released him. I gave a minute for him to restore his breathing, and said, " So?!"

" Last week in the back of the gym," he gave me a nervous smile.

" DID THEY SAY ANYTHING ELSE, HUH?!" I demanded. He grabbed the pillow that he was sitting on and hid behind it. I pulled it away from him and asked again more quietly.

" He cheated on you with a girl when he went to Japan.."

My knees shook violently. I fell to the ground, my lip trembling. " Look at me bro." Chanyeol made me face him and look at him. I saw his dark brown eyes full of concern and he pulled me into a hug. I don't know how, but I broke down and cried like I was a little boy in his mommy's arms. 

 

 


I know, I know, this chapter's sad, but don't worry, it will be fluff/comedy/happy & shtuff next! :D

Subscribe or comment