Thief of His Clothes, Thief of His Heart [1/1]

Thief of His Clothes, Thief of His Heart

    "I like your shirt."

    Minseok looked up from where he was rifling lazily through his physics textbook and met the attractive man eye to eye. Well, more like eye to massive amount of eyeliner. Minseok thought the other guy overdid it. "Thanks?" he offered, unsure of what else to say.

    "You're Minseok-hyung, right?"

    "Mm," Minseok hummed noncommittally. Maybe if he acted disinterested enough, the other guy would go away. He wasn't up for conversation today, not with the huge physics test looming in front of him.

    "I'm a friend of Zitao," the boy persisted, holding out his hand. Minseok stared at it for a second before reaching over and shaking it firmly. Now, he could probably guess who this person was.

    "Baekhyun?" he queried, and Baekhyun beamed widely.

    "Tao's been talking about me that much, huh?"

    No, Minseok wanted to say, I'm just very observant, but he kept quiet instead and waited for Baekhyun to continue the conversation.

    "I have a concert tomorrow night, and I think that shirt would be perfect for it. Can I borrow it?"

    No, Minseok tried to say, but Baekhyun's eager face reminded him too much of Tao's puppy dog eyes, and he ended up shrugging and nodding.

    "Really?" squealed Baekhyun excitedly. "Thank you so much, hyung! You definitely won't regret this."

    Probably not. Considering we don't even run in the same circles, I most likely won't even see you again after today, but Minseok just smiled and nodded his head, like the mature older one he was. Little did he know that fate had more than one meeting with Baekhyun in store for him.


    "Shi—"

    Minseok looked up from the bubble tea he was lazily stirring around and followed the gaze of other customers to where the commotion was happening.  The explosion of green liquid on the floor was his first clue that this was probably going to be a messy situation. His second clue was the massive amount of cursing coming from the boy who was now trying to wring green liquid out of his pristine white shirt. The third and final clue came to him in a flash of recognition. Minseok dropped his gaze down, but it was too late.

    "Hyung!"

    Maybe if I don't look at him, he'll go away. It was a silly thought, but Minseok remained firmly fixated on his own drink until Baekhyun was nearly drinking bubble tea on his knees.

    "Hyung!" Baekhyun said again in a huffier tone this time. "Can you believe this? I have a really important meeting after this too, and there's no time to change at home."

    "Sorry," offered Minseok sympathetically, taking a sip of his own bubble tea. He noticed Baekhyun staring at it longingly and sighed before extending his arm, bubble tea in hand.

    "For me?"

    Minseok nodded and, being the mature, older male that he was, also took off his black jacket. "It might be a little big on you, but this should get you through your presentation."

    Baekhyun took the jacket as well as the bubble tea, staring at Minseok with an expression that the other boy couldn't quite clarify.

    "Thank you, hyung."

    "It's no problem," Minseok replied cooly. "Just return it later, and I'm still waiting for the shirt you borrowed for the concert."

    "R-right. Uh, I'll get it back to you right away!" stuttered Baekhyun before bowing in gratitude. "Oh crap. The interview's in five minutes. I've gotta go! Bye, hyung!"

    Goodbye, Minseok thought but only waved as he stared at the retreating back. Jeez, what a kid.


    "Can I borrow your towel?" Baekhyun asked, startling Minseok so much that he dropped the psychology textbook he was holding right onto his toe.

    Aish, really this kid, he thought, annoyed as he sat down on his chair and began to rub carefully at the area of his foot that the textbook had dropped on. "Why do you need a towel, Baekhyun?" He was beginning to regret the day that Baekhyun had happily exclaimed that he was moving into the same hallway as Minseok.

    "To film a y CF," replied Baekhyun happily. "Shall I demonstrate?"

    "No, you really don't—" But Baekhyun was already his lips and throwing back his head. Minseok felt his mouth go dry and quickly focused his attention on his injured foot once again.

    "So, hyung, can I borrow it?"

    "Fine, fine," Minseok quickly agreed. Anything to get the suddenly much more y Baekhyun out of his dorm room. "Just take one off the rack."

    "Okay!" Baekhyun accepted brightly but paused before he went into the bathroom. "Um, hyung, which one is yours?"

    "The yellow one, why?"

    "Nothing, I just wanted to make sure that I didn't take the wrong one."

    The next morning, Minseok wondered where his towel had went. Tao only chuckled and loaned him his own, muttering about how Minseok could be so similar to Yixing at times.


    "Don't you get tired sometimes?" Baekhyun asked, plopping down on the sofa in the dorm common room.

    "Mm?" Minseok murmured, using all of his willpower to drag himself out of the comfy armchair he was in and begin to pick up the stray pieces of confetti lining the floor.

    "Tired of being so responsible all the time. Even with Luhan-hyung, you really still have your head on the ground."

    It's tiring, Minseok wanted to say. I've forgotten how it feels to worry about yourself and not how others are doing. Not to worry about whether Tao has remembered to eat between wushu practice, whether Yixing has forgotten something important for class, whether Luhan will do something crazy and stupid that I'll have to clean up. But instead he smiled and shrugged. "It's okay, I guess. I've gotten used to being responsible."

    "Oh," Baekhyun said and then was silent for a very long time before continuing. "Minseok-hyung, you have a lot of cool jackets in your closet, don't you? Can I borrow one for a concert I'm going to?"

    Minseok clamped down on a laugh and smiled. "What? You're asking for another one when you haven't even given back the first shirt I loaned you. Doesn't that seem a little irresponsible to you?"

    "I'll definitely give it back this time," wheedled Baekhyun. "In fact, you can come to the concert, so I can just give it back to you at the end."

    "What kind of concert is it?" Minseok asked suspiciously.

    Baekhyun's eyes twinkled.


    "Gee gee gee gee baby baby!" Baekhyun sang loudly as he supported a rather weak Minseok back to their dorm. "Wasn't that concert the greatest?"

    Minseok didn't speak, in fear of the fangirls once again finding him. He had accidentally made a remark about liking f(x) a bit more, and boy did he get out of there fast.

    "Baekhyun," he said quietly, "you don't hate me now, right?"

    "Hate you?" asked Baekhyun cheerfully. He laughed. "No, of course not, but…" Baekhyun pulled his arm from around Minseok's shoulder. "You're never getting this jacket back now, hyung."

    "Baekhyun!" Minseok exclaimed, but the other boy was already speeding forward to enter the dorm first, turning around once to stick out his tongue in a playful manner.

    Minseok shook his head and sighed. Kids these days…


    "Zitao, have you seen my jackets?" Minseok asked, looking at his pathetically thin wardrobe. Somewhere along the timeline of getting to know Baekhyun, he had managed to lose almost all of his jackets and half of his shirts as well. It was really getting ridiculous.

    Zitao shook his head and then grinned. "Maybe you should go ask Baekhyun for them back."

    "I've asked before," Minseok sighed, shaking his head as well. In reality, he knew exactly why he didn't want to go over to Baekhyun's dorm. He didn't want to face the boy who seemed to make him act like a youngster again. Not that he wasn't young, but he felt an obligation to be the mature one in the group. However, with Baekhyun, it was different. With Baekhyun, he laughed and partied and…basically acted as immature as a person could be. He did not want to go over a particular light incident. Needless to say, he wouldn't be playing with any light switches for a while.

    "You should ask again," suggested Zitao.

    "Why don't you just go?" Minseok asked suspiciously. "I'm studying right now."

    "For what?"

    "For…" Minseok quickly glanced over his desk. "For Mandarin!"

    "Please, ge, I helped you study for that two days ago, and your test was yesterday. Just go get your clothes back. Don't be so immature about it."

    Slightly irritated, Minseok heaved a dramatic sigh and muttered, "Isn't the immature one the person stealing the clothes here?" However, he really had no excuse now but to go to Baekhyun's dorm.

    "Hi, hyung!" Baekhyun chirped when he opened the door for Minseok.

    Hi. I'm here for my clothes, Minseok wanted to say, but he only choked out a weak, "Hello, Baekhyun."

    "Do you need something, Minseok?"

    "B-Baekhyun," Minseok stuttered. "I'm here for my jackets. I need them."

    "Why didn't you just say so, hyung?"

    Minseok meekly followed Baekhyun into the dorm room, jumping a little as the door closed behind them.

    "Which one do you need?"

    "U-uh, all of them."

    "Ah…well, here you go," Baekhyun said, dumping a large load of jackets into Minseok's arms.

    Minseok trembled because they even smelled like Baekhyun and oh, one of them was slightly damp. Maybe he had been wearing it earlier while he was working out. Maybe—

    "Hyung?"

    "Baekhyun, I—"

    "Yes, Minseok?"

    Minseok could feel his head whirling as he tried out to come out with words before he finally just smiled and shrugged. "I just wanted to thank you for finally returning my jackets you punk."

    "Yah! I am not a punk!" sniffed Baekhyun, obviously offended.

    Minseok only grinned slightly and turned to leave the room.

    "Hyung, wait."

    "Ye—" Minseok dropped the jackets in his arms as Baekhyun's lips met his. Baekhyun's lips were soft, and Minseok was pretty sure he had put on strawberry chapstick before because the artificial taste lingered on his mouth far longer than Baekhyun's lips did.

    "Hyung, don't you notice me?" Baekhyun asked. "I just called you by your name a few times, and you didn't even hit me."

    "I…" Minseok was speechless, and he decided to avoid the situation by dropping to the floor and beginning to collect the fallen jackets. "Wow, look at the floor of your dorm. Do you ever clean it?"

    "Hyung, just stop being so mature for once," Baekhyun said, dropping down to place his hands on Minseok's. "Besides, if you were really mature, you would address what just happened."

    "You kissed me," Minseok stated, and Baekhyun stared. Then he flushed, suddenly looking very young.

    "Did you…did you like it?"

    Minseok was silent before slowly nodding and hiding his red cheeks behind his fingers.

    "O-oh. Good!" exclaimed Baekhyun. "I liked it too! I mean…I never thought i wouldn't like it, but it's always good to make sure. And I wasn't sure if you would like it, but—"

    Minseok decided to be the mature one here. He leaned forward and firmly sealed his lips over Baekhyun's, reveling in the strawberry flavor.

    "Does this mean I can keep your jackets?" Baekhyun asked breathlessly after it was over. "Couples share clothes, right?"

    "Sometimes I wonder if you just became friends with my for my clothes," Minseok snorted.

    "Well, that shirt you were wearing the first day we met was very—Mmph!"

    Minseok determined that there were many things he could be mature about but reacting to Baekhyun's teasing was not one of them, but that was okay. It was all right to be immature once in a while…but only for Baekhyun.