Stop: Oneshot

Stop

 

Luhan’s been in relationships with so many younger girls, watching them changing themselves and being someone they’re not, and trying to act mature in front of him. They were all the same type of girls, he wonders if all the girls he ever dates are all like that. Clingy, sophisticated, and flighty—so what if they are beautiful? Popular?

 

You’re bound to get sick and tired of them eventually.

 

Maybe everyone thinks Luhan’s so cool, so heartless with his emotionless face, but have they ever thought from his point of view? What does it feel like being called a playboy? A dandy? Some kingkas are not all so bad at all. It’s just the people around them, thinking they’re like that, giving them a tag and labeling them, making them hard to change and get out of it. Sometimes, if the people around them don’t act like they’re a god, a rare creature, they wouldn’t have to be one. And if those girls were slightly different, trying to get to know the real side of Luhan, he wouldn’t have to break up with them, and hurt their hearts.

 

They say they love me, but in reality, they just love the feeling of being in love.

 

But Luhan might have been wrong somehow. Maybe he thought so bad of everyone, and never thought about what he can do to change himself and how he really felt, instead, he’s just torturing himself with whatever those haters had to say. Today was a typical break up type of day. Luhan’s in the perfect bad mood, perfect hot and damp weather.

 

“I’ve had enough.” Luhan stopped you on the sidewalk, while brushing away the arm around his. “Let’s break up.”

 

You kept silent, probably waiting for him to continue on, and ask why you’re not protesting. You wanted to give him a different memory actually, something for him to hold on to after breaking up. You bet he couldn’t even name his past girlfriends. You want him to know, that you are actually getting to know him already. From how Luhan’s eyebrow twitches when seeing something being abused, dumped, and hurt. How he rolls his eyes and grits his teeth at the same time after being called another one of those playboys. How he laughs so loud when his close buddies are joking and teasing with each other, yet nobody seems to hear him—but you. And how he smiles so sweetly, when the two of you were watching sunsets, sunrises and anything related to the sky. That smile was genuine, from the bottom of his heart. You tried not to complain, about the mosquitoes, about being too cold, about wanting him to do all those couple things, because just seeing him smile like that, is the best thing you have gotten from him—Even if the smile wasn’t directed at you.

 

But from a cold and emotionless boy like him, any smile from the bottom of his heart is worth a hundred, “I love you.”

 

“I just want you to know.” You picked up his right hand, holding it in between both of your hands.

 

“Know what?” Luhan was caught in your eyes, hanging on to every word.

 

“That you were happy, once with me.” You let go of his hand making it official, parting clean between the two of you. The time to let go, is when they’re on your way out—or when he’s on his way out.

 

Say goodbye, let go and embrace the new moment.

 

As your heart pounds, the feelings of not wanting to go rising up…you saw him, staring blank into the sky, with a childish smile on his handsome face. Oh well, you thought, everything’s worth it. And you secretly wonder, if he has received what you wanted to tell him or has he made something out of what you told him.

 

Both way, he’s happy, and so are you. Saying goodbye is sad, but we’re destined to detach ourselves to people as life come and go.