Waiting Quietly

The Secret Life of an Underground Princess

 

 

Misun’s Pov:

 

I stared out at the dance floor longingly. I swear, it was calling me. I brought my elbows up onto the table and laid my chin down on my open palms. I sighed loudly as I watched the people in the crowd moving to the music. I dragged my eyes off of the crowded dance floor and set them on the man across from me.

 

‘Stay with Seunghyun.’ He says.

 

Yeah, easy for him. I didn’t understand why Ji thought I always needed a babysitter when we were here. I’ve been in this club too many times to count, but I still had to go by the buddy system. I sighed again and scowled into the crowd.

 

I could see him turning his head from the corner of my eye. He was watching me. It started to make me a little uncomfortable so I just acted like I didn’t see it. His tore his eyes off of me and turned away. My eyes flicked over to him. He was just sitting there, staring into nothing.

 

“So, uh.. How long until you and Ji have to go up?” I asked boredly.

 

He looked back up at my face then gently pushed his sleeve up to check his watch.

 

“Twenty minutes.”

 

His voice sounded so emotionless. It probably would have seemed creepy if I wasn’t used to him talking like that. His voice pretty much always sounded like that when he was around me. He sounded different when the others were around.

 

I let my eyes drop to the table and watched as one of my hands traced shapes and letters into the table with my fingertip. Trying to find a way to entertain myself. It didn’t help much though.

 

“Bored already?” He asked.

 

I could tell he wasn’t asking out of actual curiosity. More like he just didn’t want to sit in complete silence. I looked up at him, but didn’t bother answering. I just nodded my head and looked away.

 

“When everyone gets back I’m sure Seungri or Taeyang will dance with you.”

 

I sighed to myself and sat back in my seat, crossing my arms over my chest. I stared around the room trying to find something to catch my focus. I shook my head. I was getting really tired of being around Seunghyun.

 

He barley talked to me. And when he did it was always brief or he was pushing me off onto someone else. Like I was some troublesome kid. I mean, I understand I’m just his friend’s sister. But I’ve known him since I was in elementary school. Him and Ji have been best friends for years. They’ve even been roommates for the past four years.

 

You’d think he would have warmed up to me by now. Or at least be kind of friendly. But he still treats me like I’m a stranger. All of Ji’s other friends treat me like family. Like I’m their sister too. But not him. It’s always bothered me, but tonight it was seriously pissing me off. I was tired of the weird cold shoulder he always giving me.

 

Any of the other guys would have gotten up and danced with me. They would have at least talked to me or something. He just sat there and stared into nothing as I died of boredom. He did this every time he got stuck babysitting me.

 

Well not tonight. I was already in a bad mood and I wasn’t gonna put up with anymore of this.

 

I stared out into the dance floor for a while and after a few minutes I could finally see familiar faces making their way through the mob of moving bodies. All four of them had their hands full with different drinks.

 

When they finally reached the table Taeyang was the first to sit down what was in his hands. The tray of soju shots shook a bit as he sat it down, but not a single drop spilled. How he got through that crowd without having any of them spill I didn’t know. Practice I guess.

 

Daesung slipped by him and sat down. Tae sat down next to him and took his beer from Dae’s hand. I stood up to let Seungri slide in next to me. He pushed a bottle across the table to Seunghyun. The oldest took it and nodded to Seungri, his way of silently saying ‘thank you’ to the younger boy.

 

I sat back down just as Jiyong caught up with the others. He sat a glass down in front of me that was filled with swirling red and orange liquid. I stared at it for a second and took a sip. I scowled at the glass and sat it back down. It was way too sweet. I could tell it didn’t have any alcohol in it either.

 

I wasn’t in the mood for a “non-alcoholic drink” kind of night.

 

I pushed it away from me and sighed. I recrossed my arms and slumped back in the chair again. He took a drink from his bottle and slammed it down roughly on the table. The clanking from the glass shocked the others out of their chatter. They went silent and stared in between us. I looked up at Jiyong then looked away from him while shaking my head.

 

“What’s your problem tonight?”

 

He stayed standing up, staring down at me. Trying to intimidate me.

 

“You’ve been PMS-ing all day and I’m sick of it.” He snapped.

 

I turned my face back to him and sat there staring at him blankly. He stared back stubbornly. We stayed like that for a while refusing to be the first to look away. We stared each other down as everyone else sat there awkwardly. I got tired of our silent battle and stood up. I brushed past Jiyong to walk away, but he grabbed my arm and turned me back around towards him.

 

“Where do you think you’re going now?”

 

I rolled my eyes at him and yanked my arm out of his grasp. He stepped back. I could tell I startled him a little. I narrowed my eyes and looked him up and down for a second.

 

“I’m going to get a real drink.”

 

He scoffed at me and sat down next to Seunghyun.

 

“And how do you plan on doing that? Or did you forget, you’re underage pabo.”

 

I smirked at him over my shoulder and started walking away.

 

“I think I can find a way.” I added suggestively.

 

I could feel his eyes burning a hole into the back of my head as I walked away. I could already hear him complaining to the others about me. I just laughed it off and kept walking.

 

When I finally reached the bar I sat both of my hands down on it and leaned over to look for a bartender. Ha, Ji thought I couldn’t get a drink just because I wasn’t quite twenty-one yet. Yeah, right. What he didn’t realize was that as a girl, with looks and a little bit of charm, it really didn’t matter if I was twenty-one yet or not.

 

If I put some actual effort onto it I could probably get it on the house too.

 

A young bartender with short hair walked up and smiled at me. I smiled back happily. He was kind of attractive. This was just too easy sometimes. Before I could say anything he reached behind him and grabbed a bottle. He sat it down in front of me and reached under the bar for a glass. He sat it down and filled it half way up.

 

He winked at me as he reached under the bar again and pulled out a red bottle. I smirked as he leaned in towards me the yell over the music.

 

“You seem to have an admirer.”

 

I laughed.

 

“Oh really?”

 

He nodded and leaned back to finish filling up my glass with the red liquid. Before I could ask him anything else he sat put the bottles back where they belonged and walked away still smiling in my direction. I laughed and picked up the drink he’d left me.

 

I stared at it for a minute before I tried it. My lips curled up into a smile around the rim of the glass. It was strong, but it was really good. It tasted like strawberry but it wasn’t overly sweet. This was a drink I was familiar with. It reminded me of when I used to go out by myself without having to deal with babysitters or My brother's moods.

 

I knew who my admirer was just by the drink in my hand.

 

Just as I lifted my head up to look around a warm body stepped up flush against my back. I smiled as an arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me even closer. He leaned down and tucked his face into the curve of my neck as he whispered into my ear.

 

“Guess who.”