Part Three

Spring Rain

 

   Jieun had been right. It didn’t rain anymore. Even months after her leave, rain didn’t visit me.
 
   I resented her, for she was cruel. As if leaving me wasn’t enough, she took her traces and our memories with her. She couldn’t spare me anything for me to remember her by.
 
   Over time, though, I came to believe that waiting would solve my problem. If I waited long enough, rain would return, along with my precious Lee Jieun. Our love would return, and all I had to do was be patient.
 
   And finally, it rained. It rained and rained and rained. It was as if the year’s load of water was pouring down, all at once. It just didn’t know how to stop.
 
   I couldn’t help but find myself getting overjoyed at the sight of it. She was the only thing on my mind for days, and after being unsuccessful at reaching her through the phone, I decided to wait for her at the bus stop where our movie-like encounter took place.
 
   Every day, from morning to night, I stood under the rain. I waited and waited, even though I’d gotten sick a long time ago.
 
   The sole speck of hope that I had been relying on began to dwindle. It began to lose its light.
 
   “She’s gone,” I said to myself. “She’s not planning on returning.”
 
   I stood up and left the shelter of the bus stop. My shoulders were limp and heavy. My legs were almost out of strength. My hair was dripping wet and plastered to my face. My clothes were soaked. I was a mess, my appearance worsened as I got closer and closer to home
 
   I came to a halt and looked up. I was glad that it was raining; it was the only thing that hid the tears that began to stream down my face. “I miss you,” I whispered into the empty air.
 
   Maybe this was how things were supposed to be in the first place. Maybe it was impossible for me to claim the rain as mine, all for myself.
 
<:>
 
   Our love was…cool. Well, it wasn’t something that could be accurately described through words. By cool, I meant that it was calm and still. We loved each other in a way that wasn’t full of desire and passion but with comfort and reliance.
 
   I thought that was for the better. After all, heat and passion cools. I didn’t want that to happen.
 
   But I forgot that our love was like the rain, and that she, too, was rain.
 
   The rain comes and goes. It never stays in one place. And that’s the way it has been.
 

I know what you guys are probably thinking: "thank god, it's finally complete!" and yes i'm sorry. it took me months to finish a oneshot... and to be perfectly honest, this didn't go the way i wanted it to, because i lost the 'rainseason' feels that i had when i first thought of it. sorry!
i'd like to give special thanks to sonotattractive for giving me the motivation and push i needed to complete this story. and, thanks for having a conversation with me! haha yes i'm a lonely person.
okay now if you'll excuse me i'll try to write another chapter for 'what i live for'. kthxbye.