The ride

That XX

Jiyong opened the door as he held Jennys hand. They took the elevator to the entrance while Jiyong called a cab to come and pick them up. Light shined through the entrance and blinded them while stepping out of the building. A bench was free so they went ahead and sat down on it and waited for the cab to come.

“Uhm... Would you like some coffee while we wait!?” he stuttered while asking her. “Oh okay” she replied with a confused face. Jiyong walked to Starbucks across the road and looked up to the beautiful sky. “Aah, what a long line” he thought to himself and looked around to see if he could find another coffee shop nearby. He felt someone poking him and looked back...


A beautiful girl with black luscious hair looked at him. “Hi, I’m Eunjung, nice to meet you” she said. “H-hi I’m Jiyoung” he replied. He didn’t really want to talk to her since he is about to go on a date, but he gave in and chatted with her a bit. “What are you up to today” he asked her. “Ah, I’m gonna go and get some coffee and head back to school” she replied. They chatted some more while waiting for the line to clear up...


Jiyong saw that he was next up and ordered some latte for Jenny and him. When he was on his way back with his bag with coffee Eunjung stopped him. “Heres my number” she said and handed over a piece of paper. “Oh?” he replied with a confused face. “If you ever want to hang out some time and go out on a date...” she said and winked at him. “I’ll text you with my number soon, I gotta go now” he replied and walked away.

On the way back to his bench he took up his phone and texted her with his number and wrote: “Hey It’s Jiyong ;)”. “Who was that girl” Jenny asked with a suspicious face. “Ohh... uhm she is my cousin” he replied. “Oh really” she said staring at him with a disappointed face. He handed over the latte and sat down and waited, and after a long time, the cab finally came...


Jiyong went ahead and opened the door for his date and sat down beside her. He saw that Jenny looked out of the window at the beautiful scenery and picked up his phone, since there was an empty space between them, and started texing Eunjung..
Jiyong: “Hey how are u???”
Eunjung: “I’m good ;) How are you?”
Jiyong: “I’m good... Heading home to cook some food for myself”
Eunjung: “That s
ounds good, apparently my class is canceled so I have an hour break, sigh <3<3<3”
Jiyong: “Do you
have a boyfriend?”
Eunjung: “No... Do you have a girlfriend?”
Jiyong: “uuh...-”
Jiyong glansed at Jenny and continued to write..
Jiyong: “-no :)”

“Who are you texting”
Jenny said and looked at Jiyong. He panicked and put his phone back in his pocket. “My parents..... ” he replied, “Why?”. “Just wondering” she said and looked out of the window again. “Thanks for the coffee by the way...” she told him and glanced at the sky. “No problem” he replied nervously.

It got awkward between them but they brushed it off. “Oh, I forgot to ask you Jiyong” she asked and tucked her right hair strands behind her ear. “Ooh, uh, I just wanted to get a new look” he replied with a smile on his face. She smiled back and looked out of the window again.


“I hope we have a wonderful date today~" he told her with a cute expression on his face, loosing his bad- attitude for a second.