It's impossible for me to love you

Deluders

From: Jessica Jung
Key, I need you.
As soon as I saw the message from Jessica, I had to look for her. It was the day before her wedding.

Jessica POV
He sat beside me on the bench. His arms crossed.
“Why are you here Jessica Jung? The fact that you are getting married tomorrow, you should be preparing yourself now..” Key looked at me with his face so emotionless still.
“I know Key.. I’m just unsure about this..”
“You can’t be like this Jessica.. You should go back home now.” Key stood up and I quickly grabbed his hands.
“Promise me you’ll be there at the wedding..”
“I’m not in a good state Sica. I would if I could. But right now, I just can’t. I’m sorry.”
“Be- before you leave I need to tell you something…” I took a deep breath and looked at Key in the eyes,“I – I think I might have fallen in love with you”
There was silence then. I wasn’t sure if I should continue.

“It’s impossible for me to love you.”

At that moment in time, I couldn’t think carefully. I just stood there emotionlessly, still looking at Key.
Then he said, “Noona..go home”

Key POV
I turned away, closed my eyes and tears started to fall on my cheeks. I wasn’t sure the reason why I cried but I just did.
It was a mixture of conflicting emotions just racing through my mind.
I just wanted to go home. But at the same time, I feel the need to stay.

Jessica POV
He must have cried. He had quickly turned away and faced another direction.
Well, all I did was cry. Truthfully, I couldn’t see him in that state either.

When both of us stopped tearing up,  he broke the silence.
“You are going to get married soon. If I were Jonghyun, I wouldn’t like it to see my wife meeting another man. I think we shouldn’t meet again.” Softly, he said.
This time I didn’t held on to him. He just kept walking further and further away.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Key POV
I wasn’t in the right mind. I wish Jessica knew everything. I wish i could tell her everything, but I thought right now wasn't the right time. Especially a day before her wedding day.

Flashback Key POV
“ What is the size that you want?”
“ The size…er… I am not sure actually.. just give me a size that the average women usually uses.”
“Alright then Sir”
The lady passed to me the ring. My face lit up instantly.
I’ve always wanted to give something special to grandma. Definitely, the years of training to become a professional Water-Skier finally paid off today. I could finally buy this ring with my own money.
As I walked out of the mall, my phone rang.
“Hello. Is this Mr Kim?”
“Yup.”
“We are calling from the hospital. Its regarding your grandmother. Can you come down here immediately?”
 I took a cab to the hospital. Surprisingly, I felt numb. I didn’t feel nervous or worried. I was just emotionless. It was as if I had expected that phonecall. Or maybe not. The moment I saw my grandmother I didn’t know how to react. I just stood there in disbelief I guess?
Even at her funeral, I was unshaken. Somehow it all hadn’t sink in to me..


_________________________________________________________________________________

Nicole POV
I was driving down a dark narrow road. I was sure I wasn’t drunk that night either but as soon as I made a sharp turn suddenly, I heard a loud tudd. Initially, I thought I had knocked onto a curb. But no. I quickly got out of the car and that was when I saw a man lying down on the floor in an awkward position. Oh my goodness what have I done..
I was lost and confused. I didn’t know what I wanted to do but I went back into the car and started banging my arms on the steering wheels. Then I started the engine, stepped onto the accelerator and head back home. The thought that I had left a man lying down there, in the middle of the road, kept haunting me on my way home, again and again.

As soon as I reached home, I poured myself a glass of water. I was shivering as I stood by the sink.
Would he die there? Would anyone save him? No, someone would definitely see him Nicole. Don’t worry. But what if someone had witnessed the whole accident?