Crazy

Just the end of a start

 

~If I live just for one day,I wont be able to forget you, a fever that has spread throughout my body~ 

“Lets break up” that was what he said to her.

He had debated a hundred times under her apartment block in the pouring rain, if it was right to just end it like this.He could shoot a man without a cringe,why was he having trouble saying those 3 words to a girl?

After he had finally mustered the courage to go up,say those words to her and throw his ring, he left with his back facing her.No,he must not see her. Her screams could be heard,choked with tears. Shuffling could be heard,she must be trying to chase him. He quickened his pace,disappearing down and out into the night before she could see him.

He was now back in his house. He washed up and looked at himself in the mirror.His eyes were bloodshot red hinting that he had cried beforehand.

“Man must not cry” his father used to say.

“In any circumstances man must always withhold their tears” a sentence he remembered vividly from his childhood.

However, when his mother passed away, he saw his father,one whom rarely cried, sobbing against his mother’s picture 

He now understands why. It was not just any circumstance,it was his heart breaking.It was as if his breath was taken away.It was the fact that he will never see her again.It was as good as it being the end for him.

He dressed himself plainly with a black collared shirt to pair with his long black pants. His signature clothes and settled on the sofa with a bottle of beer and cigarette in hand.

He stared blankly at the TV that showed nothing but his reflection.He sighed as he placed the cigarette against his lip breathing in the smoke that calmed his nerves.He then swung the bottle against his mouth its liquid burning his throat. Memories of the time he had with her came back to him like a movie scene.Flash after flash it just kept running through his troubled mind. 

 

Her soft hair he used to run his fingers through, 

her angelic voice he always woke up to,

the soft lips that touched his whenever they quarelled, 

The way he and her face when she was annoyed. He would do anything to have it once again.

He held tight onto the item in his left hand, looking the the picture he placed before him one last time before he closed his eyes trying to imprint all the beautiful memories he had with her.

He heard banging on his door.The time has come. 

The door opened voices and people shuffling around could be heard.He kept his eyes closed.Shots were heard across the room and voices and shuffling could be heard again storming around the area.

With one last smile on his lips,he felt himself slipping away into a world of darkness.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-------------------------------------------------------

~I haven forgotten you even once,I know my feelings seem foolish,Have you forgotten all your memories of me? You loved me, didn't you?~ 

Her room was lit up by the morning sun. Light shined against her beige walls that were decorated with images of a couple.

On the bed in the middle of the room was a lady. Her eyes cracked open as the sun disturbed her sleep. 

As she opened her eyes, the events that happened the night before came flashing back to her.

She looked up from her bed and looked at the mirror that was before her. Her eyes were puffy from the tears she spilled, her clothes were the same as the one that she was drenched in the night before.Her hair was all over the place. To summarize her looks, she was a mess.

She looked at her phone,hoping that he was just joking.Hoping she would hear his laughter that gave her a warm feeling everytime she heard it but there was nothing. No miss calls, no messages. Just a wallpaper of him smiling warmly at her was displayed.

She then thought back to the event that happened last night.

She had felt that something was wrong when he suddenly appeared in front of her apartment wet from the heavy downpour. She tried to coax him into her apartment to dry up and told him that the talk can wait.However he just shook his head.

“Lets break up” were his words. After he said these words, he threw the ring they wore for years onto the ground and turned his back from her.

Her screams and tears demanding for an explanation was unheard as he walked away towards the stairs,she quickly wore her sandals in the bid to chase him to get a decent explanation. However when she reached to the bottom of her apartment block no trace of his figure was found.

She stared at the ring that was now on her palm. The ring he wore for the past 10 years. She thought back as to what she did wrong for him to act that way but nothing came into her mind. He did seem like he was forcing himself to go out with her the past month. Was he really tired of her?

But 10 years was really long. They were high school sweet hearts, now they were 28. It was a wonder how they even survived their relationship when they had gone to different places for college. 

She sighed and stood up. She needed to freshen up and see him to ask him whats wrong.

That was when her phone rang. 

A known number flashed across her phone.

“Hello?”

=========================================================================================================

Songs for this chapter: 

Crazy-Shinhwa

Don't Leave (ddonajima)- Shin Hye Sung