I.

Glad You Came


 

“I wonder how many people don't get the one they want, but end up with the one they're supposed to be with.” 
-Fannie Flagg

 

 

.. . .. . .. . .. . ..  .. . .. . .. . .. . .. .. . .. . .. . .. . .. .. . .. . .. . .. . .. 

 

"Bandaged wrist & Coffee"

 

“W-what?” A surprised Hyoyeon got her eyes widened at what she heard from the man in front of her. Her boyfriend of 8 months has just dropped the bomb on her.

 

BREAK UP.

 

“It’s my only choice Hyo. I’m so sorry.” He gripped her hands tight on his, sincerity evident on his eyes. He surely didn’t want to do this. But what can he do? Her parents are closing in on him. He pretty much can’t do anything about it.

 

Hyoyeon on the other hand was at lost for words. Not knowing what to say. She can feel the tears springing in her eyes and she refused to let them fall with all her strength. No, she isn’t going to cry. She has seen this coming. She knows that sooner or later this would surely happen. But still, it still hurt a little. Yes, she may not have loved this man, but she has been feeling happy with him for these last couple of months. He has always been the one that she wants…or so she thought.

 

“I’m sorry if my parents are being hard on you. I guess that comes by dating me.” She flashed him a sad smile and stood up. She can’t stay with him longer; it’ll be awkward for her…for them. He stood up too and they hugged for the last time.

 

“See you around.” He said before walking out of the café. Hyoyeon watched him as he went down the street, somewhat sad but happy at the same time. She can’t really understand why her parents are doing this to her, all her life she has been an obedient young lady. Never in her wildest dreams did she imagine that she’ll be marrying someone she doesn’t even know exists. Arrange marriage huh? Quite typical in the world she’s in.

 

Not really wanting to go and talk to her parents, she took time and decided to just roam around the streets of Seoul. The crowd seems to be getting bigger by the minute. She looks at her wristwatch, it’s almost lunch time. That explains it. Trying her way out of the busy street she didn’t notice someone was running its way towards her, and before she can make her move, a body ran past her, knocking her to the hard pavement in the process. She let out a small whimper as she felt the impact of the fall.

 

“Miss are you okay?” Looking up, she was greeted by a man, a very good looking one that is. Those eyes that seems to draw you in and that jaw line of his! Hyoyeon snapped out of her thoughts and accepted his hand that she never in the first place noticed. She fixed herself as she looks around, finding whoever that is that bumped into her.

 

“The man sort of was in a hurry huh? Not looking out and caused you to fall.” His voice is so smooth, like velvet almost. Hyoyeon cautiously eyed him, wearing a blue dress shirt paired with black pants, suspicion building up inside her. And before she can process what she’s supposed to say, she suddenly blurts out the first thing that came into her mind.

 

“That was you wasn’t it?” She pointed a finger at him for emphasis.

 

“Huh? Excuse me?”

 

“You were the one that caused me to fall! Why would you go running and go bumping into people huh?” She crossed her hands in front of her.

 

The man let out a small smile that Hyoyeon almost forgot how to breathe, if that was even possible.

 

“I hate to break it up to you miss, but I wasn’t the one. I just happened to be here and witnessed the incident.”  He laughed amusingly; shocking Hyoyeon with his gummy smile. She straightened herself, but winced as she felt the stinging pain from her left wrist. Her wrist got scraped, little droplets of blood have come out and she almost cursed if only this man in front of her isn’t around.

 

“Oh, you’re bleeding!” The man exclaimed and hastily got a handkerchief from his pocket. He nonchalantly pulled her wrist towards him and pressed the material into her wound. Hyoyeon looked at him in disbelief; he didn’t even ask her if it was alright for him to do that.

 

“This needs to be treated immediately or else it might get worse.” He spoke to her in so much authority that she didn’t even notice him dragging her into a nearby car. Alarmed, she withdraws her hand from him.

 

“Yah, do you think I’m going to go anywhere with you? Besides, this is just a little cut. I don’t even know you.”  She glared at him. She’s not going somewhere with someone she just met.  Heck, she doesn’t even know him; though he does not look that harmful.

 

He must have sensed her discomfort, so he took out his wallet and handed her a calling card. She accepted it & read through it, surprised to find out that he’s a doctor. For someone as young as him-well, she just concluded that- he seems to be so accomplished. And she admits she’s astonished.

 

“I’m Hyukjae by the way.” He flashes his gummy smile once more.

 

“I know that, I read it here. You’re a doctor I see…”  She can’t hide how impressed she was though.

 

“I’m Hyoyeon.”

 

.. . .. . .. . .. . .. 

 

Hyukjae walked out of the elevator, ready to head to the hospital. He was supposed to be at his workplace a few hours ago, but he was asked to meet with some people in this building. He actually doesn’t know why he was asked to meet with these business people in the first place; he’s a doctor for goodness’ sake! But it turned out that the people he met are good friends of his parents.

 

Walking down the lobby, he saw a familiar figure sitting at one of the fancy couches. The blonde wavy hair seems familiar to him. He stopped on his tracks, familiarization dawning on him. And when she raised her hand to fix her hair, it all made sense to him. The white bandage skillfully wrapped on her wrist summarizes it all. It’s the same woman he met a few days back, the one whom he brought to the hospital to treat her wound.

 

Hyoyeon looked up, her eyebrows knitting in confusion as to why is a man standing in front of her. She held his gaze, studying his face. No double eyelids, the perfect jaw line…

 

“The doctor…you’re the doctor!” She happily exclaimed, getting on her feet and smiling like a kid who just got a candy from the supermarket.

 

He was surprised by her sudden outburst. Since when did she seem so happy seeing him? The last time he checked, she was accusing him of being the reason of her wound. He carefully stole a glance, those almond eyes of hers seems to draw him even more.

 

“So, uh…what are you doing here?” Her voice snapped him out if his trance, seeing that he was still staring at her, he looked away and rubbed the back of  his neck…awkwardly.

 

“I just met with some people…and you?”

 

“Oh, me? Well I’m kind of waiting for my parents. We’re having lunch.” Hyoyeon bubbly tells him. And she herself is wondering why she’s not uncomfortable around him. Maybe it's because they met in an unlikely time. She has always been a cheerful person and loves to meet new people, although she sometimes may come out to be downright rude. She’s back to her usual self, and it’s as if that break up with her ex boyfriend didn’t happen at all.

 

A minute of awkward silence passes, Hyukjae, not knowing what to say nor do. And Hyoyeon…well, let’s just say she’s got something else in mind.

 

“Hmm…do you want to get some coffee with me?” Hyoyeon blurts out all of a sudden, surprising Hyukjae with her words.

 

“Didn’t you just say that you are waiting for your parents?”

 

“It’s fine, they’ll be down later anyways. And besides, I owe you for helping me.” She raised her bandaged wrist.

 

Hyukjae can’t believe what in the world is happening right now. But he has to admit, he is attracted to this girl in front of him. He looks at her, who is now looking at him, with those eyes that says: Please say yes! ; There’s something off with her eyes, and that seems to draw him even more. He slowly nods, and he watches as her face lit up.

 

She smiles triumphantly, but the rational part of her mind  is saying that she’s not suppose to do this, but why not? It’s just coffee anyway. Nothing’s wrong with that. He seems to be a nice man. She’s allowed to do whatever she wants. Let’s just hope thing’s won’t go too far…or will it?

 

 

 

to be continued...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N]

So, this will be a two-shot (I think)

I decided to split it, since I figured it'll be too long to put it in just a chapter.

Hope you all liked the first part! :)

don't forget to subscribe & comments are appreciated~