A Heart of a Daughter's Father

A Thousand Years

For 57 years of my life, I have been blessed, by a beautiful and understanding wife, who I love and love me from the day we met, until today.

On my 27th years of birthday, my wife gave me the most precious gift that I could never ask for more.

A very gorgeous little princess, who then I proudly announced her to the other members of our big family and the rest of the world, my daughter, Jessica Jung Sooyeon.

Then 4 years after, once again, my lovely wife, gave me another gorgeous little princess, who completes our life, our little family of 4, Krystal Jung Soojung.

Our life is complete, my life is complete. There would be no other words that could explain how happy I am to have these three gorgeous ladies as my family, my life, my reason to live.

No one would be able to separate us. I will always be there for them, protect them and love them, so are they. I am forever will be my wife knights in a shining armor, and especially my daughter’s hero, the best daddy for my princesses.

But I do realized, that having a daughter, meant someday, I will have to let them go, like it or not. Let another person to be their hero, and only God and all fathers of a daughter knows how hard it is to face that fact.

Its already hard to let them walk alone without my hand holding on theirs to make sure they won’t fall and hurt themselves. Then I had to see them walked into their school for the first time, and faced the fact that they will be out of my sight, my protection and I might not be able to do anything if someone tried to harm them. And then I have to let them to be under another person protection once they start to get interested on someone in particular? Can I just die?!

To know that they are starting to have a crush on someone, is enough to make me feel anxious on my daughters well being.

What if they don’t treat my daughters well?

What if their intention is no more but wanting to do IT with my daughters?!

I swear I could have died with heart attacks whenever I think about it. But it was nothing, until my daughters said, they want to get married.

It’s a real genuinely pure, nightmare.

What happen if he can’t do it well? What will happen to my daughter if that someone couldn’t provide them on whatever things they need? My daughters needs to be treated as princesses, because they are my princesses and forever will be my precious princesses.

That process of letting go already happened once, with my eldest princess, Jessica. And believe me, I already tried to do so many things to make that tanned with dork smile kid ran away and leave my daughter alone I tell you! =_=

From ‘accidentally’ left him alone in the middle of savannah with lots of wild beast when we had our family safari to Afrika, I mean seriously, how come he does not understand the meaning of FAMILY vacation and he said he graduated from John Hopkins?! Pssssh!.

And then I also made a simple report to the local police station about a potential ert who tried to steal away my daughter undergarments.  But because of that, and THAT kid, because he is the reason why I did such thing, I had a heated argument with my wife for the first time in our long years of marriage! T_T

Flashback

“For goodness sake David! You are being childish now!”

“How am I being childish if what I am doing now is none other but to protect my daughter from the hands of that tanned dork?!”

“THIS is what I’m talking about! And tanned dork?! Kwon Yul is a very nice young man, well mannered, comes from a good family who we also know very well, and have a very good future as a doctor!”

“Dork..”

“AND a good sense of humor David!”

“I don’t like him to be around my daughter!”

“Well your daughter LOVES him and so is he, and he asked us to give Jessica away, to be his wife, and that’s what we are going to do!”

“Oh no you won’t woman! Not when I’m still around! I will never give away my daughters to anyone around this world! They will be forever staying with us, in our house, FOR-E-VER! Do you hear me?!”

End of Flashback

And of course she’s not listening to me at all, because in the end I have to let my baby Jessie go. And everyone thought I am a rampart cold hearted and dominant guy, with cold facial expression? TTT___TTT

Well, I’m happy for her, and actually, he turns out to be an okay guy. I can see how much he loves my Princess, and he does treat her well, so I have no other option but to accept him as the new member of our family.

Besides, I have Jung-ie with me, she won’t leave me, she’s different from her sister. Soojung only focused on her study and career. Sooyeon always dreamt about this so called Prince Charming with a big white horse will come barging in from our front door and swept her away then they’ll run away and eloped.

But not my Soojung-ie, I witnessed a lots and lots of suitors of hers, but none of them could take away her attention, that’s my girl!..

 

 

 

 

 

Until of course, she brings home, another dork..  -_-