그새끼 (Geu Saekki)

그 새끼 (Geu Saekki)

 

“You look happy.” 
The smaller man flashed his perfect smile. “I am. What about you?”
“I’m happy.”  The older rushed, the situation too awkward for him. They haven’t healed--the wounds from their break-up. 
“That’s good, don’t want you to be sad--then I’ll feel guilty.” They both chuckled awkwardly. The yellow-haired man cleared his throat once they both finished laughing. “Well, I better get going,” he said pointing behind him. The older man noticed him standing not so far away, glancing towards them occasionally. “It was nice seeing you Seunghyun.”
“Same,” he gave a meek smile. 
“See you around!” 
“Yeah…” Seunghyun mumbled as the other headed towards him. “Geu saekki…” 
 
 
He sat up, a cold sweat shook through him as he gripped his sheets tightly. He took in his surroundings and sighed, realizing that he was in his bedroom, alone. He was glad that his hands weren’t around his neck but at his side, now empty as he released the sheets. Even now--even now after almost a year after they broke up, he wasn’t over it. He still loved Jiyong. He sighed and laid back down, forcing himself back to sleep. 
 
“Seunghyun-ah~” Jiyong called out, shaking Seunghyun who fell asleep on the couch.  
Seunghyun groaned despite the smile that began to crack his stoic face. “Yes Ji…?”
“Do you love me?” he pouted. 
Seunghyun sat up at that question. “Of course I do.” 
“Then why’d you go to sleep without me?” 
That same smile cracked his face once again and he pulled the smaller man onto him, his arms immediately wrapped themselves around Jiyong’s tiny waist. He felt something poke his thigh. “So that’s why you asked me that question~” he teased causing the other to blush. “That’s fine it you want that. I’ll give it to you--better yet, I’ll let you be in control.”
Jiyong sat up, an excited smile spread across his face wiping away his shy self. “Really?” Seunghyun nodded causing Jiyong to rock his hips a bit, straddling him. 
 
Jiyong fell forward, his pants slowing along with his racing heartbeat after beginning to fall from his high. 
Seunghyun heaved a sigh as his hands slid up to Jiyong’s mid-back. “Wow, you were really excited today. What got you in the mood?”
Jiyong drew circles on Seunghyun’s chest, “I thought about last time.” 
Seunghyun chuckled, “Why are you so cute?” 
“Because I’m Jiyongie~” 
The older man planted a kiss on his lover’s head. “I love you.”
“I l-”
 
This time his alarm woke him up and he wasn’t wet from his sweat but his seed that had spilled because of his dream--no, memory. He slammed his hand on the alarm and got out of bed, immediately heading towards the bathroom.
 
“All right, see you tomorrow, Yunho.” Seunghyun waved as he left the art studio. He hated the images he carried in his bag because they all reminded him of Jiyong--the one he loved but couldn’t have. 
He walked in the supermarket to pick up a few things and did a double take as he saw the occupant of his mind standing in the produce aisle, holding a bright red apple. He walked over to the other, the fact that his ex-lover was dating again flew out of his mind. He picked up an orange and began, not checking if the other had even sent a glance towards his direction. “Still love apples, huh?” 
He heard a small gasp and then the voice he loved, “Seunghyun?” He turned his head, smiling. “What are you here doing here?”
He chuckled at the other’s silly question. “Just needed to pick up a few things before heading back home.”
“How’s work?” 
You mean the drawings of things that remind me of you in my bag?’ Seunghyun clutched his bag’s strap, readjusting it a bit. “It’s all right. Have a show in a week.” 
“Ooh~ that’s nice!” Jiyong smiled widely. 
Seunghyun was happy that he was the reason that that beautiful smile was shining at the moment. 
“Who’s this?” Seunghyun looked passed his ex-lover and saw him. 
“Oh __________, this is Seunghyun. Remember, I told you a little bit about him.”
“Ah, yes. Nice to meet you,” he held out his hand and Seunghyun reluctantly took it. 
“Same,” he faked a smile. The three men stood there awkwardly. “Well then, I’m gonna go get what I need.” Seunghyun said dismissing himself. “Jiyong,” he smiled, bowing. “Saekki…” he muttered as he glared at the other. 
 
A week went by and Seunghyun couldn’t stop thinking about Jiyong. Or the ring he was wearing. ‘Only a year and he’s already moved on…’ he sighed as he headed to his studio. 
Among the crowd he saw him and another. But the other wasn’t Jiyong. As Seunghyun neared the other, he bumped his shoulders with his and glared as their eyes met, his were wide. “Saekki.” Seunghyun whispered loud enough for him to hear him.
 
“Yunho, I need a favor.” 
“Shoot.” 
“I need you to contact Jiyong and tell him to meet me at the café,” Seunghyun said putting his bag down at his area. 
“Time?”
“In an hour.”
“All right. Contacting one Jiyong right now~”
 
“You’re mistaking him for someone else.” 
Seunghyun sighed. He knew the now platinum blonde man wouldn’t believe him. “I know that it was him! He looked at me!”
“__________ would never cheat on me!” Jiyong protested. 
“Jiyong, he wasn’t even wearing your couple ring.” 
“He must’ve forgotten it.” 
“Don’t defend him Jiyong!” Seunghyun began to think whether or not Jiyong ever defended him the way he was defending him.
Jiyong’s eyes burned with anger. Seunghyun gulped. Just a week ago he was able to make him smile and now--now he’s infuriating him. “He definitely not that kind of person.” 
“Sure, you’re right.” Seunghyun said raising his hands in defeat. He hated arguing with Jiyong. “I probably thought it was him when it wasn’t.” ‘I lie just to make you happy. I’m sorry for the pain you’ll later face.’ 
“Thank you. I’ll be going now,” his sad face didn’t match his voice.
He watched as the other left the café they would always got to throughout the years they dated. He pulled out his journal and wrote the date at the top and his hand began to write quickly. 
I hate that you don’t understand me. I hate all this waiting. Let go of his hand--break it off with him. When you’re sad, I feel like I’m dying. That XX what does he have that I don’t? Why can’t I have you? That XX doesn’t love you…
Seunghyun took a deep breath as he noticed a wet spot on the page. “How much longer are you going to cry yourself silly?” he told himself.
 
“Uh, Seunghyun?” Yunho called out.
Seunghyun grunted, lowering his arm from his eyes. “What?” 
“It’s Jiyong…” Cue loud thud and a rushing Seunghyun to Yunho’s phone. 
“Hello?”
“Seunghyun! Meet me at the café in five?” 
His eyes went wide as all the possible reasons Jiyong was calling him and telling him to go to their café ran through his mind. “Uh…sure.” 
“Ok. Bye!” Jiyong said, hanging up.
Yunho quirked an eyebrow, “What’d he want?” 
“To meet up at the café…” 
“Did he say why?”
“No.”
Yunho gasped loudly, “Maybe he broke up with other guy!” He shook Seunghyun who was still in shock. “Don’t just stand there, go!” 
Seunghyun flinched and the grabbed his bag, running out of their studio. 
 
He finger-combed his hair before he entered the café where he saw Jiyong who was already seated. He walked in and stood near the table where his former lover was. “J-Jiyong?” 
Jiyong looked up, “Ah, Seunghyun! Sit, please.”  Seunghyun nodded and sat down. “So I talked to _________ about what you told me earlier and he said it was he was with.”
Because you intertwine your fingers with your brother.’ “Oh well, I’m sorry.” Seunghyun said giving a weak smile. 
 
Two months after he apologized, Jiyong called him again and they met at the same place as before. Seunghyun feigned happiness as Jiyong told him about all the things he was spoiling him with. 
“And last night we went to Las Estrellas Pierdidas. Do you know what that is?” Jiyong lit up.
‘Only the most expensive restaurant in Seoul.’ Seunghyun gave him a clueless eye-smile, “No…” he chuckled. 
“It’s the most expensive restaurant in the city!” 
Geu saekki…’ “Did you have a good time?”
“Yeah! It was great and last week he bought me a Dolce and Gabana suit-”
As much as he loved the other, he didn’t care for the details about what __________ bought him. Jiyong’s cell phone rand and he gave Seunghyun an apologetic smile. 
“It’s __________. Talk to you another time, neh?”
“Yeah…another time.” Seunghyun answered as the other left the café. He pulled out his journal and began to write.
Expensive cars, beautiful clothes, high-class restaurants, they all suit you well but, that XX beside you, he doesn’t suit you. He really doesn’t. He smiles like a hypocrite with you,  brushing your face and hair but he’s thinking of another man for sure, how dare he. The amount of tears you’ve cried, I want to make you happy by the same amount, baby. Rather than going through the pain alone, share some with me, baby. Please look at me, why can’t you realize that I am your love? Why are you the only one who doesn’t know?
 
That was the last thing he had said to Jiyong before he lost contact with him for three months. It reminded him of their break-up but just like that time, he’d had to move on, looking forward to whatever the future brought. 
 
One month passed and Seunghyun’s phone rang. “Hello?” He answered and heard sobs on the other end. He went on a limb and tried again, this time, with a name. “Jiyong?” 
“You--You were right…”
“What?”
“You were right Seunghyun! He was cheating on me…” 
“Do you wanna meet up at the café?” Seunghyun suggested, sad that the other was heartbroken but glad that he couldn’t have the other anymore. 
“No. I’ll go to your place. I’m on my way there anyway.” He sobbed before hanging up.
 
Seunghyun sprung from the couch as if he had sat on a tack, when the doorbell  rang, and hurried to the door.
Once he opened it, a pair of arms wrapped themselves around him. He stumbled a bit before he returned the hug to the sobbing boy who cried in his chest. “I--I should’ve believed you…” Sharp intake of breath. “You were right…You were right…”
“That’s because he could see.” 
Jiyong pulled back and looked up at the older male, pouting. “What?” he sniffled. 
“They say love is blind and well, we’re both blind. We couldn’t tell that our love was real so, we broke it off fearing that we’d fall out of love and it’d become a mess. He didn’t love you; no matter how many times he said it or how much money he spent on you. I loved you from the beginning and still do.”
Jiyong blushed, looking away. “Really Hyunnie?”
Seunghyun chuckled at the nickname, “Yes, Jiyong--and if you could see you wouldn’t be here, in my arms, calling me that nickname.” 
Jiyong’s blush deepened as he looked down, moving his fists that were clenched against the taller man’s shirt. He tried to mumble something but nothing came out.
Seunghyun lifted Jiyong’s face up by his chine and smirked, “That XX wasn’t worthy of you.” He leaned down and stopped, “May I?”
Jiyong blushed and leaned up, giving the other a quick peck. 
 
-End-