Dreaming

Sweet Dreams~

 

Dreaming~

This story is a token to ainnur unnie and her epic ‘studying’ story xxx (please don't kill me~) 

Sanghyun is studying, scribbling hard into his copious notebooks and scanning the five textbooks that surround his desk. It is last at night, far past midnight, but here he is studying. All in order to become a doctor, an oncologist.

Why you may ask is he forgoing sleep all in order for that perfect biology grade? Because it’s his dream is how he would respond; to save people, to treat people, to let them smile for even a day longer. Just as his sister, Dara, was never able to.

That’s right. His beautiful sister, Park Sandara, had a whole life ahead of her. Right until the moment she developed cancer and there was nothing any of them could do. And Sanghyun cried and wailed and told her to wait, just wait! Because he would become a doctor and save her. But it was too late. She died, but she died smiling till the very end.

And that smile was the fuel that kept him up late, burning away the midnight oil in order to make sure that no one else would suffer like he did.

But even Sanghyun is only human and slowly sleep creeps onto him. He is rubbing his eyes and yawning and maybe if he studies with his head on the table, he can stop holding it up and focus on human anatomy.

But…oh…Sanghyun yawns again. He’s holding the pen, but his writing speed is slowly and suddenly his fingers lose grip of the pen. It slides from between his index finger and his thumb and falls onto the notebook with a soft ‘thud’ where it rolls for a bit and then stops.

And by then, Sanghyun is asleep.

He’s standing in front of Sanghyun and Sanghyun’s eyes light up and his mouth tugs itself into a large smile. He hasn’t smiled this hard since Dara died, scratch that, since Dara got sick. But whenever he sees him, Sanghyun can’t help but smile like a fool.

He runs, practically runs over to where he stands with his back to Sanghyun and Sanghyun grabs his shoulder and turns him around. In his dreams, the other guy’s face is blurred and unclear, the bright lights erasing all the shadows and features that in reality Sanghyun revers: the angular cheekbones, the wide grin and those dancing eyes.

But this is a dream and Sanghyun is okay with however he looks.

“Hyung!” Sanghyun calls, panting slightly from his mad dash. “What are you doing here?”

“Sanghyun?” the other man is amused. “Why wouldn’t I be here?”

“Well,” Sanghyun scuffs one sneaker on the floor. Sneakers? He thinks for a moment. Wasn’t he in PJs just now? But he shoves that thought aside with a shrug. “I haven’t since you since Dara’s funeral.”

Whilst Sanghyun cannot see the other man’s face, he knows his expression is somber. “I’m sorry Sanghyun. Things got out of hand and I needed some time off.”

Oh…that’s right. He was Dara’s boyfriend.

Sanghyun takes his hand off the guy’s shoulder and backs off, hugging himself to stop himself from crumbling like a demolished building.

“Sanghyun?”

“It’s nothing.” Sanghyun says hurriedly and puts his hands behind his back where they cannot touch anything they’re not supposed to. “Anyway, hyung, you were saying? About why you’re back now?”

“Oh!” the other guy smiles. “I guess I was worried about you, so I came over to check on you.”

Sanghyun blinks. “Me?”

“Yes, you.” The other guy ruffles Sanghyun’s unruly black hair, messed up from…what was he doing earlier? Studying…?!

But he forgets what he was thinking about the minute the guy comes closer. “H-hyung?!” he stutters.

“What’s wrong Sanghyun?” the other guy leans down teasingly. “Do you not like me?”

Oh boy, Sanghyun gulps. It’s the exact opposite. I like you far too much.

Because you see, Sanghyun might have started out doing this for his sister whom he had loved so much, but it was also because he had wanted to distract himself…from liking his sister’s boyfriend. Sanghyun blinked back tears. That was the unfortunate fate of Park Sanghyun: the boy who loved his sister’s boyfriend who was most definitely straight.

“Sanghyun,” his sister’s boyfriend whispered, coming so close that Sanghyun could feel his warm breath tickling his nose. Sanghyun shut close his eyes. “Why are you crying?”

“B-because…” Sanghyun whispered. “Because I love you…and I know you will never love me back…”

He let the tears run freely. He couldn’t care less. This was a dream after all, wasn’t it?

“You love me?” the other man sounded shocked. Sanghyun wanted to wake up, now! He tried pinching himself, smacking himself but it wasn’t working. Why, oh why, did he have to stay in this nightmare, being forced to watch the love of his life run away with a horrified expression on his face? This was just a dream, he told himself.

“Well,” the other man stood still. “I guess that’s convenient.”

Sanghyun’s eyes flew open. What?! Convenient?! Was he going to blackmail him or something?

“You see,” the man said with a crooked smile that made Sanghyun’s heart thump uncomfortably. “I love you too.”

And then before Sanghyun could even comprehend what he had just said, the man leaned forwards and claimed his lips between his own. The kiss was soft and sweet, it was like tasting cotton candy – light and fluffy and somehow unbelievable. Sanghyun melted. He let his lips fold around the man’s, let his arms wrap themselves around the man’s muscular build and let his eyes close and himself fall deeply into the dream.

Because that was all it was – a dream. 

How was that? Can you guess who the guy is???? One more chapter, and then this short lil fic is over~