Spring

A Glimpse Into Tomorrow

 

Yoona looked at him from the corner of her large, doe-like eyes, watching him as he takes a long drag out of his cigaratte. His eyes, so mysteriously dark, looked so cold, and just really empty. 

She didn't understand why back then.

Her gaze lingers on his hands, on his movement, and on him for a while. She doesn't exactly know why either, perhaps she was curious, but somehow, she just wants to know more about this person in front of her. She wants to take a step forward and just reach out to him.

"What are you looking at?" She closes her eyes and snaps out of her reverie before quickly turning to the direction where the feminine voice is coming from. Her distinctive voice, dipped in an American accent, is enough for her to identify the owner of the pair of voice. 

"Krystal," Yoona smiles brightly, "Nothing, really."

"Oh, here's your dark coffee." she chirps, "But are you sure you don't want any sugar at all? Or do you want to try my caramel-"

"Thanks," she utters, "But I like it bitter actually."

"I see, I always thought that all girls have a soft spot for sweet stuffs," and all of a sudden, she gasps, "Oh my goodness, isn't that the damn prick on the same train with us?" 

Krystal points at him before rolling her eyes as she folds her arms in front of her chest. Obviously, her first impression of him wasn't exactly great (just like how he thinks they're nosy as well). Yoona just nods hesitantly and worries about what's going to happen next. Despite knowing Krystal for only a few days, she knows exactly how she's going to deal with him. 

 

"Where are you going?" Yoona whispers cautiously to Krystal, fearing that she might disturb the oddly-quiet man next to her. 

"I don't know," she replies vaguely, "What about you?" 

"Me?" She pauses for a moment before looking out of the window, setting her gaze on the same scenery the man has been looking at, "Just anywhere that will take me." 

 

/Dear passengers, this is the last station. Please alight and proceed to your left. Thank you for riding with us./

 

Krystal shakes her head, laughing. "You're right. We'll go anywhere that will take us." 

When the man stands up with his black bagpack, he towers over the two girls easily. His sharp features capture Yoona's attention immediately and unknowingly, her heart flutters.

As he  attempts to push past the crowd, a man holding a cup of coffee spills the coffee on the woman's red coat. The unlucky woman turns out to be Krystal.

"What the hell," she snaps. 

"I'm sorry," the man quickly bows his head. 

Krystal glares at the man who remains nonchalant as he makes his way to the front and disappears from her sight. 

"Damn it," she curses silently, "He's going to get it if I ever sees him again."

 

The next moment she realizes, loud gasps are heard, coffee stains visible on the man's shirt, a casual apology, and of course, Krystal's quiet victory sign as she flashes a large grin at her. All Yoona can say for now is that Krystal definitely isn't someone to trifle with. 

Kai throws his cigaratte away and storms out of the cafe impatiently. , Yoona catches him muttering under his breath. Yoona glances at him secretly, and for once, she meets his eyes before the door chimes and closes in an instant. Her heart beats loudly, and soon, she realizes that her face is now burning hot.

But his gaze tells her nothing, nothing at all.

 

"Grassland?" Krystal tilts her head at her curiously.

Yoona slides into the seat across of her, "Yes," she nods shyly, "Don't you want to see the flowers blooming in the season of hope too?"

"You mean spring?" Krystal chuckles loudly, "Wow, I never knew you're such a dreamy girl!"

Yoona turns crimson-red as she sips on her coffee, embarrassed, "You don't want to?" 

"No," She agrees immediately, "We'll go together tomorrow!"

"What about watching the sun rise?"

"Sure!"

"Sun set?"

"No problem!"

"Clouds?"

"Ok-"

"Rainbow?"

"Yoona, you're asking for too much!"

As they burst into peels of giggles, the girls imagine themselves bathe under the golden sun rays, watching the clouds float by and sharing about everything and anything under the sky. Yoona likes spring because flowers bloom (just like how her friendship with Krystal blooms); it is the season of hope after all.

 

In the end, they didn't get to visit the grassland together. In fact, that became one of their biggest regrets in life.