ONE

Why?

As the music blasted out of the speakers into the dance studio, there was only one girl dancing as the other eight exhausted members sat on the floor, catching their breath and wiping their sweat. They all watched Jessica in awe as she went through the choreography for the thousandth time. The choreographer finally let them leave after 5 hours of practice, non stop and she still chose to practice, despite the fact that she was exhausted and drenched in sweat. 

 

By the time she had finished, all the others were getting ready to leave. She took a minute to catch her breath and drink some water. She got up from the floor and walked over to her bag, grabbing the pink towel on top of her bag and wiping her sweat off. "Wait for me, girls!" she called out, as she placed all her belongings in her bag and put on her jacket. The rest of the girls chatted with each other, waiting for her.

 

"Hurry up, Jessica! We're gonna go see the new trainees that are planning to debut next month!" Sooyoung called out. Jessica rolled her eyes. What was so interesting about seeing them then? They'd eventually meet each other, and it would just be another awkward sunbae-hoobae relationship. Whatever, Jessica thought. As long as she didn't have to walk back to their dorm alone at this late hour.

 

She finally finished packing all her belongings and called out "Okay girls, I'm ready! Thanks for waiting!" with a cute smile. The other 8 girls laughed at her cuteness and they all began to file out of the dance studio. As they made their way to the dance studio the other trainees were in, Jessica overheard some of the conversations around her.

 

"I heard it's a five-membered boy band and they're around our age!" 

"No way! I heard from the Dong Bang Shin Ki oppas, that it's a 3 membered girl group!"

"Really? I hope that's not true. I want them to debut a boy band so we can hang out with them and learn more about guys! We could ask them for advice!"

"That's stupid! A girl group is waaaay better! We could talk to them about our dates and ask them for advice! They have bett-"

"Girls! Stop it! Does it really matter?" Taeyeon asked. A bunch of answers called out, at the same time.

"Yes!"

"No."

"I dont' really care ..."

"Of course!"

"Nope" 

Taeyeon sighed, looking to Jessica for help. Jessica spoke out "It doesn't matter! When we see them, just support them and tell them to stay strong! Don't forget when we were trainees and the Super Junior oppas came to support us!" Everyone got quiet, as they suddenly remembered the time when they were trainees. Taeyeon thanked Jessica silently, smiling at her, as they continued to walk towards the room. 

"Yeah, Jessica's right! Just tell them to stay strong!" Yoona called out, as they stopped in front of a dance studio. She opened the door, and all nine girls walked in, Jessica being last. In front of her, she saw five boys dancing to a song.

"Noona is so pretty

Noona is so pretty

Have you tasted sincere love?

Noona is so pretty

Noona is so pretty

You’ve got my sincere love"

As the song came to an end, she studied the five boys with little interest. They looked handsome, like all the other sm trainees, and she wondered how these five were chosen to debut. Suddenly, clapping sounds ruined her thought. She looked towards her left side, and she saw all the other eight girls clapping and smiling, so she followed again! The five boys blushed and bowed to them, until Taeyeon said "Don't be shy! Introduce yourselves!"

"My name is Lee Jinki, and I will be the leader of this group!"

"I'm Kim Jonghyun and I'm the main vocalist!"

"I'm Kim Kibum and I'm in charge of the fashion!"

"My name's Choi Minho and I rap!"

"I'm the maknae, Lee Taemin, and I'm in charge of the dancing!"

 

"How about we go down the line saying what we thought? I'll go first. You guys are really good from what I saw and heard!" Taeyeon said.

"We know how hard it is being trainees, so we just came by to support you guys!" Yoona stated.

"Yeah, so stay strong!" Hyoyeon called out.

"Do your best!" Sunny cheered.

"Good luck!" Tiffany shouted.

"Fighting!" Yuri shouted.

"I'll be anticipating for your debut!" Sooyoung yelled.

"I hope you guys debut successfully!" Seohyun smiled.

Finally it was Jessica's turn. Her mind blanked out, as everyone in the room turned to her, waiting for her message of encouragement. She stuttered "Uhm ... Uh ... I ... You ... Debut ... Uh ... Fighting!" She turned red, in embarassment as she repeated what Yuri said. Great. Now she looked like an idiot. Everyone laughed at what just happened.

Afterwards, Taeyeon called out "Oh we have to go now! We have an early schedule tomorrow, oops I meant later", she corrected herself as she looked at the time.

"Yeah, we have to go now! Bye! Don't practice until too late!" 

"Bye sunbaenims!" they called out.

As they left the studio and closed the door, they laughed at Jessica's silliness as they left the building, walking home together in the dark.

 


 

Jonghyun stared at the brunette across from him as she stuttered "Uhm ... Uh ... I ... You ... Debut ... Uh ... Fighting!", turning red. He couldn't help laughing along with the others. What a cutie.

As his sunbaes filed out of the room one by one, his eyes stayed glued onto a certain someone's back, even though she was the first to exit.

As soon as they left the room, Onew blurted, "Oh my god. They look even better in real life! Did you see Yoona's face? And Sooyoung's legs?"

Key rolled his eyes. "Puh-lease, did you even see their clothes?  Only one of them dressed nicely. I know they're only practicing but they're still idols."

Taemin ignored his hyungs, jealous of all the attention the girls stole from him. He walked over to the stereo and with the most aegyo he could muster up, he called out "Hyung, can we practice now?" 

They all stopped talking, shocked at the maknae's random display of aegyo. "Uh ... Yeah ... I guess we should", the leader spoke up. Taemin started the track, smiling inwardly. He was happy that he was still the center of attention for his hyungs but not for long.