Time passes...

Rhyme of Christmas Eve
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nicole’s POV

2 months later

A lot of great things happening to me and my family recently, dad win lottery and paid off his debts, finally something good but I still felt so blank in my heart. There’s still no news about Jiyong or anyone else. All this time, whenever I told someone about him they give me that weird look.

My sister, Ivy, “Unni, you need to forget these entire devil, Eveland thing… it’s just a dream or illusion, I guess.”

My dad, “Nicole-ah… please! It’s not real… so just stop thinking about this, okay?”

They even brought me to the hospital; I know they’re worried I get it and so the only way is to keep you to my own. I’ll cool now but the truth is I’m not.

 

4 months later

I went to work normally like they want me to. They know I’m okay now, am I?

Slowly, I didn’t know what’s real anymore. Was it really just a dream like they said? Maybe… maybe you never exist.

Gosh, what’s wrong with me? (She shed tears when doubting Jiyong’s existence.)

Anyway, whether you real or just my illusion… I guess you’ve went back to your own world living happily. That’s what I choose to believe.

 

1 year later, Nicole no longer kept herself in sadness and when time goes the lesser she thought about Jiyong. Working as a librarian at university now, enjoying every day, continuing living happily.

“Nicole, guess what? There’s going to be an art exhibition tomorrow wanna go.”

“Art exhibition? Sure!”

That Sunday they went to that exhibition, a corner caught her attention, “Im Y.A’s Uncaptured Moment.”

Walking into another corner alone the first drawing of the artist shocked her.

Titled, “Cold Palace” it was exactly the same as the palace at Eveland the snow everything seems so real. Another drawing that made Nicole shed tears, titled, “Red”

Covering , Nicole cried, “How did she?” even surprising it’s the name of the artist, Im YoonA.

“It’s her?”

At this moment, a man walked in and saw her crying in front of that drawing, he was surprised as well.

“Do you… know him?” He asked.

 

And that guy it’s her husband, few days later they met up and had a short conversation at the café.

“She passed away 20 years ago. Those are her last art drawing that she never shows it to anyone.”

I once asked her, “Who’s this guy?”

And she replied, “Someone… hard to forget.”

One day she told me a story, “Oppa, you might not believe this but I still want to tell you. 2 years ago, my soul went to a place far and cold. I went to a palace and met a guy…”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter