Friends: Forever Thankful

Friends: Forever Thankful

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

”Meet Elisabeth, she’s in my class. This is Angela!” Ida happily introduced us before chatting away with one of her other friends, leaving me and her classmate in an awkward silence.
 

That was how our first meeting came to be. Short and awkward.

 

My first impression on Elisabeth was far from what I think about her now. She had been wearing a thick red winter jacket and if I don’t remember wrongly, a black and white checkered scarf around her neck that hid half of her face. She looked like a really friendly girl and she seemed a bit shy, but so was I too in the beginning. Her red brownish hair slightly curled and at shoulder length, almost perfectly styled, matching her face and especially her bluish eyes.
 

We didn’t actually talk that day, just saying a simple ‘hello’ to each other out of politeness. I don’t know how her first impression of me was, but that doesn’t really matter. The fact is that somehow, we managed to become really good friends. Well, more than just good, I would want to call our friendship one of the greatest. Both of us like to listen and I would say that we’re equally good at giving advices. If it hadn’t been for her, then I wouldn’t have anyone to spazz about Kpop with.
 

Now we always talk to each other like we’re meant to stay glued to one another, chatting about just anything. One day it could be about the school system, another about different cultures or about gay relationships. Mostly we talk about Kpop, about the music and the singers. But we share our thoughts without having to feel weird or crazy for thinking different, taking in each other’s beliefs and reasons without getting angry at one another for not thinking the same.

 

There’s not much to tell about Ida really, just that she’s a really peculiar friend. Her beliefs are so random that I don’t know how to react anymore when she tells me about things she’s thought about. She’s one of the funniest persons I know though and everyone that meets her thinks the same. Her charm is one of a kind and it’s hard to forget about things she has done or said, making me remember so many strange situations and conversations that always make me laugh.
 

Our first meeting was really one of a kind, nothing like I’ve ever experienced before. Since I’ve been moving around a lot, quite a lot that is, I’ve met all kinds of people. I’ve been bullied before; the first time was when I was six years old until I was eight years old. Then we moved to the southern part of Sweden and all of a sudden I was the most popular girl in school for some reason, most probably because I was from the northern part. But we didn’t live there for long and ended up returning to the northern part again. I suddenly became an outcast when I was about ten and was that until I moved once again when I was fifteen. That’s the time I met Ida. A clumsy and whimsical girl, but at the same time one of the best friends I’ve ever had.
 

The meeting was strange but it’s still etched in my mind like it just happened yesterday. I was sitting all alone outside the aula, the first day of school. It was like every other time I started a new school, feeling lonely but not nervous. I’ve been through it a lot and knew that there wasn’t really anything that I should worry about. If I was going to be bullied again, so be it, I wouldn’t break down. The only difference was that some girls, three of them actually, came up to me and asked me if I was the new girl. Which I was, so I just told them ‘yes’ and then they just greeted before leaving me there all alone again. I didn’t think that much about it until two other girls came up to me, one of them was Asian and was the first to say something to me.
 

“Hi! Are you new here? You can follow us!” She had happily announced before showing me the way inside the aula, where we sat down almost at the front row.
 

I sat beside the Asian girl while the other girl sat at her other side, if I don’t remember wrongly. We sat there in silence for a while until the Asian girl opened again.
 

“Can I get your number?” Those sudden words took me by surprise and I just nodded as an answer. She then took my arm and wrote down her number on my wrist before finally introducing herself.
 

“I’m Pio. Nice to meet you!” She had said and then smiled in a gentle way.
 

I felt strangely comfortable in her company and felt like we really connected somehow, even with the lack of conversation between us. Then the other girl finally introduced herself.
 

“Oh, hi there!” She had begun, smiling brightly while looking straightly at me. “I’m Ida!”

 

I still remember Ida’s long blond hair that she was so proud of. I was slightly jealous even though I too had quite long hair at that time. But I didn’t let it take over me. Since Ida and Pio had to go on a mountain trip with the school, I was almost completely alone at school for a whole week. We did keep contact through sending messages though, me and Pio at least. I did get to know how it was with them both through the messages though and felt happy for meeting these two persons. Even though I had completely forgotten their names…
 

Pio had written her name on my wrist along with her number but it had been smeared out the same day, which I realized after getting home. I was afraid to ask them again for their names for quite some while, even after they had gotten back from the trip and tried to take a sneak peak on their books to find out about their names secretly. I was embarrassed for forgetting something that important and didn’t dare tell them about it, even after finding out their names again.
 

Meeting them would be the start of a really wonderful friendship, even though a bit crazy.

 

Pio, which is only a nickname for a much longer name, is actually from Thailand. I got to know that not soon after they had gotten back from the trip, actually at the same time as I finally found out her name again. She’s definitely not like any other friend I’ve had. Pio was the first Thai friend I’ve made and her outgoing personality is the exact opposite of mine. She’s everywhere! One of the best things about that school was the fact that Pio lived right next to it. So we would quite many times go there to watch Thai movies and eat Thai food.

 

But times changes and now I’m mostly only talking to Ida and Elisabeth. Occasionally I talk to Pio too, but it’s not like before. Definitely not after she had tried making a move on me inside the bus one day when we were going to school. I don’t think badly about her at all, I think of it like a fun thing now since she most definitely did it as a joke. Even if she wasn’t, I would never let her go as a friend. I’ve accepted her weird side since long ago and even if we don’t talk as much, we’re still friends that can talk about anything. Pio told me about her being biual once and I accepted it, since I don’t mind it at all.
 

Something I got shocked about was when I just recently got to know that she’s pregnant and didn’t know how to react actually. Her relationships have been a mess, simply said. There was this time when she was together with five guys at the same time and tried to hide it from them all. It didn’t turn out good afterwards, but that was only expected. But no matter what I said, she just shook it away and kept on having several relationships at the same time. Hopefully she’s happy together with her boyfriend now and that their baby will be healthy.

 

Ida is like she’s always been, whimsical and somewhat confused. But that’s what I like about her; she always makes people around her laugh. I have never met anyone who hasn’t liked her. But her thinking is questionable though. I was laughing so much after she had told me that real men are those who are hairy. She likes guys with facial hair… Sure, if that’s her preferences, then okay. But when she told me that guys that have abs are gay, I could only stare at her dumbly. That would mean that all my favorite kpop idols would be gay and with not many exceptions. But! She likes to see guys topless, or even wholly , as long as they are well-built. And that concludes abs too…
 

Ida’s too funny sometimes… But I’m going to show her wrong! I’m going to find a boyfriend that has a really great body just to change her beliefs. No, not really. I can’t choose who I’ll fall for anyway, but it would be nice though.

 

Then we have my dear friend Elisabeth. Poor Elisabeth… She always has to deal with me and my craziness when I’m tired. I don’t even understand how she can take it. I make her read my stories and see my posters that I’ve made; I even make her a victim of my endless spamming every day. Well, maybe not endless. But I do spam her a lot with photos of both mine and her biases, even videos and fanfics that I’ve found that I think she must see. She’s the one I’m talking mostly with nowadays and we share everything with each other, even embarrassing things we’ve done or if we’ve been crying about something. We talk about things we’re irritated or even angry about too. But usually we just spam each other with funny pictures and videos or make lame jokes. At least we can be crazy together…

 

Now that I’m sitting here and telling you about all of this, I realize I wouldn’t be able to live without my friends. My few but loyal friends I wouldn’t exchange for anything in the world even if it would change my life for the better, not that I think that would be possible though. I hear all the time from them about how they depend on me, that they wouldn’t be able to do some things without my help. But I need them as much as they need me too.
 

Without them, I wouldn’t be where I am nor be who I am today. I’ve learnt so much from them and hopefully been teaching them something too in return.
 

There are so many things I love about my friends that I don’t know where to begin. I’m really happy for their loyalty and how they always seem to cheer me up, even when something horrible has happened. I feel safe when I know that they’ll always be there for me, keeping me from feeling lonely and weak. Even if we’re miles apart at the moment, I feel like they’re next to me every day.
 

I want to let them know that they mean a lot to me, even if I don’t show it as much as I should. And therefore I’ve written this, even if it’s just a tiny bit of our history together. And I definitely hope to be able to live through life with these friends and reach our dreams together, to explore the world and experience even more interesting situations together.
 

Let’s create our story…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There is no distance too great between friends, for love gives wings to the heart."

Elizabeth E Koehler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~