The Garden

[Choose Your Own Adventure]: Seoul High School

You go out of the dorm to the zen gardens. It is a bit chilly and you rub your hands together to make them warm. The path is lit by small ground lamps glowing faintly in the dark. In the distance, you see a firefly. You decide to take a closer look. Because it's too dark, you can't really see your surroundings well-- only the path in front of you illuminated by the lamps. 

As you keep getting further away from the dorm and closer to the firefly, you see that it is actually not a firefly, but rather a flashlight. Through the dark you make out a figure sitting on the ledge of a little gazebo holding the flashlight towards a book. 

You go forward cautiously until your feet step on wood flooring instead of the loamy earth. The figure stops and hurriedly flashes the flashlight at you. 

"Aish, too bright!" you say.

"Woah, I thought it was some Slenderman or something," the figure says. 

"Who are you?" you ask. "Are you a student here?" 

He puts the flashlight under his chin so that it lights up his face in a very eerie manner. He smiles (though in that position, he doesn't look very reassuring). 

"You disturbed my silent reading," he says with the flashlight still under his chin. "But because you gave me such a vivid experience, I will not think bad of you." 

"What were you reading?" 

"It's a horror book called Goosebumps. It's the kind where you get to choose what to do and your choices affect the outcome of the story. It's like a game." 

"Oh really? That's cool," you say as you sit down on the ledge beside him. 

"Are you a new student?" he asks.

"Yes, I am," you answer. "Although I haven't really gotten off to a good start..."

"Did you bump into Cho Kyuhyun?" 

"Is he that famous for being notorious?"

"Yes," he says, "and being the son of the school's owner, he believes that he can do whatever be want because he feels that he is sort of the second boss next to his father, of course."

"I wonder what it's like being room mates with that guy. I'll bet no one can take him." 

"Well, speaking from experience, he is pretty quiet by himself so as long as you mind your own business and keep out of his way, things will be fine." 

"You were his room mate?"

"Yep. Because I was always out of the dorm reading wherever I feel like reading, he couldn't try to bully me or anything."

"Ohh..." A moment of silence. You hear a rustling in the nearby bushes. 

"... What was that?" you ask.

"I don't know. That's the first time I heard something like that here," the guy answers, a bit nervous.

There is a fierce snarl and the guy gets off the ledge. You are startled by the sound and you lose your balance and begin to fall backwards. The guy catches your arm at the last second.

"Careful, it's a big fall from up here," he says as he helps you get back on the ground. 

"Thanks..." you say, with your heart beating fast. 

"Phew. You sure are accident-prone. Well, it's getting late. I'm going to go somewhere to fix some stuff." 

The creature snarls again, but this time it is much closer and there was the sound of more rustling.

"RUN!!!!" the guy shouts. You run back towards the dorms. 

Crap, I forgot to ask for his name. I didn't see his face clearly either. Tsk. And I thought I had found someone I could talk to in school. Oh forget about that. JUST RUN, KIM HANEUL!!!!

You go back to the dorms to look around.

You go back to the dorms to take a shower.