Parte Tres

Will you love me? [Multishot]

~~~~****~~~~

After the teacher told him that Lia had excused herself because she’s not feeling well, she can’t help but to think of her. Well he’s been thinking of her since that morning. That hurt look on her face haunts him all day, Yukio gets worried and thinks of her. And so when it’s said that Lia’s not feeling well he really got worried. He’s not sure on what the hell happened that morning but he is sure that he’s the main reason why Lia went home early today.

So after the school Yukio planned to skip cram school to go to Lia’s house and talks to her. Of course being family friends he knew exactly where she lived. He had even stayed over countless time. But there was a problem, several actually.

Anyway, Yukio prepares to go to Lia’s house but when he’s about to leave the school someone stops him. It was one of his co-soccer players. Since he’s been distracted and out of sorts he keeps on thinking about Lia he totally forgot that they have mandatory soccer practice that day. Which also meant that he has to see Rico too. He was about to get his handed to him for the second time today.

He really wants to ditch practice badly but then as a captain of their team he should set good examples to s and besides the school tournament is getting near and they need to practice to defend their title as the champion for the 3rd time. So Yukio couldn’t do anything but to practice and forget about Lia for a while, all the while Rico is staring holes into his body. Well he did try to forget Lia and somehow he succeed on doing that when he focus his mind on the game but then glimpse of Lia’s hurt look keeps on showing whenever he takes a break.

So after their practice, which lasted for 3 hours, and then cram school because he didn’t want his parents to get a phone call about him missing it. Although he was sure that his parents had already received a call from Mr. Tanaka today about his behavior. Yukio finally can visit Lia and talk to her. But before Yukio could leave their cram school teacher calls him and before Yukio knew it they are already having a meeting, together with a few other students.

The meeting lasted for another hour. Yukio tries so hard not to look really annoyed. He loves soccer and he likes the cram school but this time he’s considering the thought that he doesn’t like soccer or the cram school at the moment.

So when the meeting is over Yukio immediately leaves the school and make his way towards Lia’s house. And it seems to be applying to Yukio the saying when it rains it pours because when he’s on his way towards Lia’s house he got stuck in traffic and it started to pour down buckets of water.

Then there is the issue of entering into the Tanaka estate. The elder Tanaka’s still lived in the main mansion while Koki and Maria still lived in the Spanish two story villa further back on the estate.  Yukio had to park his racing bike hidden from sight in the bushes then find a low point in the brick stone wall, climbing over that remembering to stay out of the line of sight of the moving security cameras.

When he finally arrived on Lia’s house it’s already late and the light on the 1st floor of the house is already turned off and Lia’s was probably sleeping.

He looks at his watch and that then he noticed that indeed it’s really late. It’s near midnight. He realized that he should just talk to Lia tomorrow and that he should go home since it’s late.

But when he’s about to leave and go home the image of Lia’s hurt expression once again flashes on his mind and Yukio found himself in front of the house door pressing the doorbell twice.

‘If I ask for Lia and the guys tell me that she’s sleeping I’m going home.’ Yukio said to himself.

Yukio waited for someone to open the door for him but no one did. Yukio presses again and still no one answers him to the door.

Yukio thought that Lia and the family might be sleeping, so he decide to go home but when he looks at the 2nd floor of the house he could see that the lights are still on.

Yukio thought of an idea. He’ll just check if Lia’s already sleeping. But since no one opened the door for him, he decided to be like Spiderman for the moment. He knows that Lia’s room was the one with the balcony near the large cherry blossom tree.

Yukio climbs the tree carefully. Climbing the tree is really convenient because it’s the easiest way to get to Lia’s room. All that he needs to do…is jump carefully from the branch of the tree to the balcony carefully and then he can finally check on Lia. Yet, when he jumps he didn’t manage to land softly with no sound. He sound like a elephant landing on her balcony.

Yukio nearly curse when he landed. He just wants to check on Lia. Not wake all of Tokyo. And maybe if she is still awake he can speak to her though it’s late and if he’s not then tomorrow he’ll talk to her.

When he landed and made that huge sound he noticed that the curtain slowly moves. He walks towards the sliding door and then he saw Lia’s face, obviously taking a peak outside on the balcony. He saw how her eyes widen in shock upon seeing him and since he knows that Lia knows that he’s there he just knocks on the door.

 

~~~~****~~~~

 

At the same time in Osvaldo’s room…

 

“So now what we are going to do to grill that dumbhead” Rico asks Osvaldo.

“We are not going to grill him; we’re just going to talk to him normally, like what civilized people do.” Osvaldo said. “Then we kill him”

“Are you saying that I’m uncivilized?” Rico asks raising an eyebrow.

“I didn’t say that.” Osvaldo explains. “Rico, approach is way different from ambush, interrogation and grilling.” Osvaldo reminded his little brother.

Rico snorts. “Stop practicing to be a  lawyer and let’s think of something humiliating to do to that chump. I can’t believe I’m his friend. Besides your way of approaching, I mean interrogating is boring.” Rico said.

“I am not and besides do you think Lia would like it if she found out we’re going to-“ Osvaldo stops in the middle of his sentence when he hears something.

“What? Why did you stop by the way?” Rico asks when Osvaldo stop speaking.

Osvaldo then shows a look that he’s concentrating like he’s trying to hear something from afar. “Shhh… Rico shut up for a while I’m trying to hear something.” Osvaldo said. He thought that he heard the doorbell ring.

“And now you’re starting to hear things. Its midnight; We live in a gated estate and there would be no way anyone would be outside. Security would have picked up the intruder. I thought that getting old weakens your hearing ability but in your case you’re hearing increases but I think you lose a screw in your head.” Rico remarks.

Osvaldo ignores Rico and when he‘s sure that he heard the doorbell rings he faces Rico.

“There’s someone at the door.” Osvaldo said.

Rico raises an eyebrow.

“Who? Yukio? I doubt it. He’s been ducking and dodging all day” Rico said.

“I said someone’s at the door. C’mon let’s see who it is.” Osvaldo said.

“I didn’t hear anything. Let’s get back to strategy.” Rico said.

“No Rico, I heard the doorbell. I’m sure of it. C’mon, maybe it’s something important. Someone from the main house.” Osvaldo said and then he started walking towards the direction of the door.

“You’re just hearing things. Is this the effect of being that old Oni-chan?” Rico said, snorting but he’s following Osvaldo. They reach the door. Osvaldo takes a peak on the peephole to see who it is. But he saw nothing or rather no one. Osvaldo can’t believe that there was no one at the door.

“I really heard the doorbell ringing, Rico!!!” Osvaldo said as he close the door.

“Yeah, yeah whatever you said.” Rico said obviously not believing his brother.

So the brothers proceed to get back on Osvaldo’s room to continue how they’ll ambush Akanishi Yukio.

 

~~~~****~~~~

 

Back to Yukio and Lia…

 

Yukio continues to knock on the sliding door at the same time calling Lia’s name.

“Lia please open the door.” Yukio said as he knocks.

Lia however is still in shocked seeing Yukio in front of her. She wonders if she’s still dreaming because there’s no way that Yukio would be there in front of her now.

Yukio continues to knock and Lia after a while of staring in shock finally snaps out of it when she realize that it is not the “dream Yukio” but instead Yukio is really there in front of her, on her balcony so she immediately opens the door.

“W-what are you doing here?” Lia asks in a whisper. She can’t believe that Yukio is really in front of her, in the flesh. She wants to asks him too why he’s used the balcony to get to her room instead of the front door. But then she figure out that she’ll just ask about it later. The main question is to ask him why he’s here.      

“I heard that you’re not feeling well….ano…, I came here to check on you. Are you alright?” Yukio asks him with a concerned voice.

Lia’s heart almost falls out when she hears the concerned voice of Yukio asking her if she’s all right but then she remembers the reason why she didn’t attend afternoon classes.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me.” Lia said coldly. She was actually pretty proud of herself that she could sound so cold. “So now that you know that I am fine, you can leave.” Lia added moving to close the sliding doors to her balcony.

Yukio was surprised at the coldness of Lia’s voice and then he remembers the reason, the real reason why he wants to talk to her. Since he’s already in front of Lia he really need to ask her about it.

“I’ll leave after I ask you something.” Yukio said.

Lia raise an eyebrow. “Fine…” She looks off for a moment then turns  back to Yukio. “What do you want to ask?” Lia asks.

“About what happened earlier this morning…” Yukio started.

Lia knowing where Yukio’s question is heading, she cuts him off.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Lia said.

“Do you mean it? Were you not kidding me? Are you’re really in love with me Tanaka Nathalia?!” Yukio asks.

“Do you think I’m the type that kids around when it come to other people’s feelings?” Lia asks.

“I don’t know. How should I know…” Yukio replied.

“You don’t know?  You’ve know me my entire life. You know that I’m not the type to fool around. But anyway it doesn’t matter now.” Lia said.

Just answer my question Lia!” Yukio asks, raising his voice a little.

“Yes, I love you. I am in love with you, you stupid fool!” Lia admitted, raising her voice a little.

And then before Lia know it she found herself being hugged tightly by Yukio.

“You don’t know how happy I am, knowing that you feel the exact same way too. Oh Lia.” Yukio said as he hugs Lia.

Ehh? Wait…What?! What just happening? Why is Yukio’s hugging me?’ Lia asks herself and then she recalls Yukio’s words.

You feel the same way too 

‘Same way too? What?’ Lia ask herself confusedly. Lia is really confused at the moment. She didn’t know what’s happening and though it feels nice being hug by Yukio she needs to understand what’s happening.

Lia break their hug and looks at Yukio.

“What did you say?” Lia asks Yukio.

Yukio looks at her and without even blinking he answers…“I said I am happy knowing that you feel the same way for me.” Yukio repeat himself. He gently her face staring into her eyes. Those beautiful light brown eyes.

“What? What do you mean by that?” Lia asks. Oh she knows that she’s smart but then her brain seems to be not functioning AT ALL right now and she can’t get what Yukio’s saying.

Yukio smiled at how adorable Lia’s confused expression is.

“Just like you Lia. I am in love with you and I am deeply in love with you too.” Yukio confessed.

The words that left Yukio’s mouth are the words that Lia’s wanted to hear for so long. Her heart almost burst in happiness hearing those words from Yukio but then her happiness is  short live.

She frowns and then she glares. Yukio was surprised when he saw the glare.

“Lia?” Yukio calls him by her nickname.

Lia though she loves hearing her nickname from Yukio’s lips, she tried not to melt on that.

“You’re really trying to do a number on me. You’re just worried what the men in my family are going to do you. Aren’t you? Well good thing I realized that you’re lying.” Lia said as she glares at Yukio.

“What? What! Who said I’m lying?” Yukio asks.

“Don’t deny it.” Lia said. “You don’t like me the way I like you why would you laugh like a deranged hyena? You’re only here to save your !”

“What? I don’t give a about what Ossie or Rico or even your father does to me. I am telling the truth Lia.” Yukio said, almost frustrated by being branding as a liar. He was a lot of things but a liar was not one of those.

But Lia refuses to believe in him.

“Go now Yukio. Nice try for making a fool out of me. Leave my room right now.”  Lia said to Yukio.

“But Lia-“ Yukio’s next words was cut off when they heard a knock on Lia’s room. Lia and Yukio both look at the door. Lia’s eyes widened in alarm. Even though she was really pissed off at Yukio she didn’t really want her brothers to hurt him.

“Lia are you awake? We’re coming in.”  Lia heard Osvaldo-chan’s voice. Then they heard another voice.

“Why don’t we just go inside Osvaldo. No need to knock.”

Of course Lia knows exactly who’s the other person. It’s Rico-kun.

She looks at Yukio. Again, even though she’s mad that Yukio went to this extreme she’s worried for him since her brothers wanted to kill him earlier. She knows that they are frustrated about her shattered confession but then they know how much it hurt her being laughed at and she’s not sure what they are going to do the moment they sees Yukio on her room.

“Go now Yukio before my brothers find out you’re here.” Lia hissed.

“But Lia I need to make you believe that I am telling the truth.” Yukio said. “I don’t care if-“ Yukio stop when Lia cut him off.

“J-just leave now Yukio…” Lia said. “Please…”  She pleadingly added.

Yukio wouldn’t have left if it weren’t for the tone of Lia’s voice. Indeed Lia’s telling him to go but her voice says it in a desperate voice like she’s afraid of something and she even added the word “please”.

With a sigh and a great reluctance Yukio decided to go.

“I’ll leave now but I’ll make you believe that I’m not lying.” Yukio said before he quickly turns from the sliding doors of the balcony and take the same way down the way he came up.

Lia quickly follows Yukio out onto the balcony to look if he gets down safely.

Yukio got down safely then gave the direction of Lia’s room one final look and he’s surprised to see Lia staring at him.

Lia having got caught staring immediately looks away.

Yukio seeing Lia checking if he got down easily, he felt happy about that. At least Lia’s concerned at him. Maybe there was still a chance. When Lia looks away he gave her one final look before he proceeds to go home.

When Lia’s sure that Yukio’s not looking anymore, she looks back and saw him finally leaving, disappearing into the dark night.  How she wished that what Yukio said was true. He even comes into her room to confess but she can’t trust it. Could she?

Lia didn’t stare that much in the direction that Yukio took because she heard her brothers said something about coming in and she quickly enters back inside her room.

The moment the door burst open, Rico and Osvaldo found Lia in front of her sliding door.

“Lia what are you doing over there?” Osvaldo asks Lia.

“Uh Oni-chan, I… I woke up when I heard a sound. I found out that my door was open, the wind from the rain must’ve been strong and it woke me up.” Lia lied.

Osvaldo stares at her. Lia prayed that her brothers wouldn’t notice that she is lying to them. She was a horrible liar. Which was one reason why she didn’t understand why Yukio could believe that she could pull a prank on him this morning.

Rico and Osvaldo were talking about what they are going to do with her situation with  Yukio when they heard something. They had decided to go and check on Lia because really, everything comes first when it comes to Lia. They love her that much.

“It was open? Hmm I didn’t notice it earlier. I thought it was closed.” Osvaldo commented and then looks at the door.

Lia bit his lips and prays that his brother won’t ask about it anymore.

Rico who’s still not saying anything is indeed sure that the door was securely close earlier. The wind isn’t that strong too so he knows that their younger sister is lying and the clear indication that she is lying is the fact that she is picking at her clothes and not maintaining eye contact. His brother Osvaldo is the future lawyer in the family, how could be missing all the signs that their baby sister is lying.  She looks like she praying silently that they won’t asks questions anymore.

He would’ve asks his sister directly if it wasn’t for the desperate look in her eyes. There’s something about it that makes him decides to just let it go, at least for now. And that she won’t answer no matter what they do so for now and unexpectedly Rico will let her be.

“I see…” was the remark that Rico said and then…“Let’s go now Ossie.” Rico said and then he looks at Lia. “Change clothes and go back to sleep Lia.” He added. Lia was still in her school uniform.

Lia was surprised, and thankful, that Rico-oni didn’t even bother to ask anything.

“Oh okay. Sleep now Lia.” Osvaldo said.

Lia nods and proceed to her bed while boys started walking towards the door.

“Good night Lia.” Osvaldo said.

“Good night oni-chans.” Lia greeted back.

“It’s good morning now.” Rico said.

Lia looks at the clock on his room and indeed its past 12 already.

“Good morning guys.” She rephrases.

Osvaldo smile and Rico grins.

“Sleep now and sleep as late as you want there is no school tomorrow.” Osvaldo said and Lia nods. After that Rico and Osvaldo left the room to continue their little meeting.

While Lia, after her brothers leave, she gets back on her bed and lay on it. While lying on her bed she can’t help but to think about the so-called confessional prank of Yukio.

Lia wonder if Yukio would really do that extreme just save himself. Her heart wanted to believe him but then what if it’s not true? Can she risk her heart to be broken once again?

It broke when everyone laughs at her confession most especially Yukio and she wonders if she will be able to put it back together if she believes in Yukio and later will find out that it’s just a lie.

“He said that he’s going to prove that he’s not lying…” Lia whisper. A part of her got excited on that and wish that it’s true but then reality hits her as she remember something. 

When he goes to school later they’ll be back once again as just classmates. ShSe’ll be the strict and freshman class VP President and Yukio would still be the school’s heartthrob. No connection aside except family friends and most of all no one would know and remember about her so-called punk prank confession. Of that last point she was sure her brothers would take care of that.

Thinking about it, Lia decided to just sleep and wish that tomorrow err that day would be an awesome day for her. She got up changed for bed and went to sleep. Cutting off the light she wished hard for that.

 

~~~~****~~~~

 

On the other hand (Yukio)...

                He’s on his way home. He can’t believe that Lia thought he was lying to her. Well thinking about it, Lia has her reasons not to believe him, still he can’t help but to feel a pang of hurt when Lia thought he was just doing it because he was scared of her Yukaza looking brothers.

‘That must’ve been her feeling this morning.’ Yukio said to himself when he remembers Lia’s confession that morning.

The truth is Yukio really does love Lia.

In fact, he has loved her for almost three years now, since he was sixteen and she was fourteen. Their classmates thought that Lia’s boring because she’s different from the others. Well different for two reasons on his opinion. First is the physical appearance. She wasn’t the average looking Japanese, yet for him Lia is the most beautiful girl ever to exist.  He’d seen many beautiful women and outside of his own mother there was no one more beautiful or y. Of course Yukio didn’t think his mother was y but she was beautiful.

He had first met Lia when he was 3; she had such a cherubic face when Aunt Maria had brought the twins Maurico and Nathalia home from the hospital after they had been there for three days. Even then he had wanted to kiss her full lips that he can’t help but to stare upon and there was even a picture somewhere between the families of Nathalia and Yukio sharing their first kiss, when he was first introduced to her. Of course no one knew about his fascination about those plump lips.

He didn’t know if anyone knows it. But Lia can make him feel uncomfortable in a certain area on his body and make him feel a lot of different emotions with just staring at her lips. His pants become very tight and uncomfortable.

The second reason why she’s different is about her being so serious especially when it’s about academics and studying. Because Lia chose to study more than partying, their classmates think she’s boring and uninteresting. Lia valued education just as her parents had taught her and her siblings and for Yukio, he thought that it was an admirable trait.  It was the same as he was. The attraction that he felt for her when he first saw her going through the physical changes into womanhood had been trying for him. It still is.

Yukio believes that Lia has the most beautiful smile that he’d ever seen too not to mention that her laughter is good for the ears. His heart flutters when he hears it, especially when she was cheering him on. Because she was there he wanted to be the best no matter what he did.  Because Lia loves watching soccer and Yukio would be lying if he denied that one of the reasons why he entered the soccer team at school was because he wanted Lia to watch him play soccer and cheer for him.

When he got on the team, he was happy and excited. Every time they have a game he’s praying that Lia wouldn’t have to miss a game. Yukio gains popularity when he enters the soccer team though he was popular in the first place. What can he say? He’s an Akanishi and he is not being full of himself he’s just stating a fact.

Yet, though he’s popular he can’t seem to confess what he feels for Lia. Why? Because he  is completely terrified!! Her father Koki Tanaka is SCARY. Like seriously scary. He had seen pictures of Mr. Tanaka when he was younger when he could easy be mistaken for a Yukaza member because of his fashion style and even today in his 40s he still looks like he has connections to a mafia. But in honesty Koki Tanaka was the coolest and awesomest adult he had ever met, but well, Koki was scary when it came to boys liking on his daughters. He would never forget when a clueless freshman boy in Lia’s middle school had approached Lia on White Day confessing his love for her and Koki-san had found out. Koki had made a special trip to pick up his daughter from school the next day, cornering the poor boy. Koki-san had scared him so bad that he had peed on himself never living that down. But neither did any more guys have the guts to approach the beautiful Lia again.

Koki Tanaka had successful completed his mission.

So it was no wonder that Yukio can’t help but to feel scared and nervous about expressing his feelings. Yukio didn’t particularly want to die.  Also, he’s not sure what would be Lia’s reaction if he confesses to her.

For years Yukio kept his feelings for Lia to himself and now that he is already in his last year of high school, he had planned to confess to her before he graduated and went to college. But his plan to confess got a little mess up when Lia confess to him earlier then he had planned to. He was indeed shocked when Lia suddenly said that she’s in love with him and she wants to be his girlfriend.

Baka!! Why couldn’t he react in the proper way? Here was the love of his life just confessing to him out of the blue. How was he going to react coherently to that? And then he remembers that he had played a prank on Osvaldo just the other day and Lia’s just playing a prank on him to help Osvaldo get him back at him, right? But when Lia gives him a hurt look he knows that there’s something more to it and that he need to make sure about Lia’s confession.

And so he did. And when he finally had a chance to talk to her Lia doesn’t believe him. Lia admitted that she’s indeed in love with him but she refused to believe that he feels the same way. Things are so screwed up now, Yukio thinks as he runs his hands over his face as he contemplated the situation.

So now he needs to do something to make Lia believe him. But what? However, for now he needs to think of what he’ll say to his parents and his sister for getting home this late and for what happened at school today because there was no doubt that Risa  has blabbed everything.

And with that Yukio made his way home.

 

~~~~****~~~~~

 

When he gets home he has an earful from his parents, his older sister, who was home for the weekend, didn’t say anything but he could see that she’s trying hard, real hard, not to scold him.

Since he couldn’t think of any excuse why he’s late, he just told them the truth. That he went to see Nathalia, after all that happened that morning. He had heard that “she’s not feeling well” his parents and his sister hearing the name Nathalia stop scolding him and gave him a knowing look which of course made him embarrass.

“What?” Yukio asks.

“Risa told us what happened at school today.” Kazuya gently says as she rubs the back of her son’s back. “You’ve been waiting to hear those words from Lia since you were fourteen. Why did you react that way?”

At that statement, Yukio looks at his mother with wide eyes. How did she know!? When did she find out? Then he looked to his older sister and dad, Jin, and their faces have the same question written on their faces. Let’s just say that his family knows his feelings about a certain Tanaka.

“How…” Yukio asks.

“Son, we are not as old as you think and second I know all too well the signs of falling in love. I realized it before you did.” Jin smirked at his son.

            “And we think it’s wonderful! But we ARE worried how Koki will take it.” Kazuya said.

            Yukio groans, “I know that’s why I haven’t said anything. I don’t want to die!”

            At that statement the rest of the family laughed.

            “Especially after how you handled it, but to be honest about something else, both families know of both of your feelings, even Koki but I think he just hasn’t wanted to admit it yet.”

            That also surprised him. So, EVERYONE knows?!

            “Guys, will you help me fix this? Please!” He looked to his family and everyone smiled, even Risa. Even though she had been mad at him at how he had handled it she understood why it happened. That didn’t mean that she was going to let him get off easy.

            “Yeah, Yu. We will. Later. Now let just go to bed okay?” Risa said. With that his parents not forgetting to give him teasing looks sent the kids to bed. They know how vocal he is when it comes to feelings but when it comes to a certain girl all else goes out the window.

Shaking his head, Yukio take a quick shower and then proceed to go to sleep. Tomorrow he needs to come up with a plan to make Lia believe that Yukio Akanishi is indeed in love with her. And with that Yukio fell asleep with visions of Nathalia Tanaka filling his dreams.