Parte Dos

Will you love me? [Multishot]

~~~~~****~~~~~

            Koki Tanaka walked into his house to the sound of animated female voices coming from the kitchen.

            “Tadaima!” Koki called out.

            At the sound of Koki’s voice Sakarai, Ren and his youngest daughter Kori come to greet him.

            “Okari Papi!” Kori said. Kori is seven years old and is a totally daddy’s girl. As soon as she was in grabbing distance he picked up his beautiful daughter who was all giggles as he kissed and hugged her. “I missed you daddy! Did you have a good day?”

            Kori Tanaka was the spitting image of her mother. Her long black hair was a mass of tight long bouncy curls. Her almond shaped eyes took after her father and when she smiled she had the little crinkle lines around the eyes like her father. Her lips were full and rosy like her mother. Her skin tone was a mix between her Brazilian mother and her Japanese father.

            “I had a good day today. But I missed you too.” Koki walked further into the living room. “Who all is here and why are they making so much noise?” Koki asked as he placed his daughter back on her feet.  She stood by him holding his hand as she looked up at her daddy.

            “Mommy, Grandmama, Nee-chan and Risa-chan are in the kitchen making Valentine’s chocolate for tomorrow.”

            “Ahhh~” Now he understood. “Why aren’t you making chocolate with them?”

            “Daddy! You know I don’t like boys!”

            “Well, don’t you like  me?” Koki asked as he squatted down getting eye level with her.

            “Funny, Daddy, you’re not a boy.” Little Kori giggles at the idea.  “Besides I already have my Valentine’s present ready for you tomorrow.”

            “Oh really? Hmm,I guess you won’t tell me what it is will you?”

            “No daddy…” They both smiled loveingly at each other.

            At that moment Maria came out of the kitchen wiping her hands on a towel.

            “Anata! I thought I heard you come home.”Maria entered into Koki’s open arms kissing him gently on the lips her arms wrapping around her shoulders pulling him in close.

            Koki closed his eyes as he embraced the woman he loved and had been able to create a family with. Her gentle scent whiffed up to him, her soft and still very curvy body melded into his.

            “I missed you.” He whispered into her ear. Maria smiled into the curve of his neck.

            “I missed you more.” Even after 20 years the two of them loved each other very deeply.

            Pulling back, Koki asked, “So what’s this I hear about Chocolate?”

            “This year we girls are making homemade chocolate for the men we love.”

            “Hmmm, Kori told me that Mom, Lia, You and Risa are making it. Soo…tomorrow I should be getting three chocolates.”

            “Wrong.” Maria smirked. “You’re only getting one. And that’s from me.”

            “Wait them who is Lia making chocolate for?!”

            “Lia, has a boyfriend!” Kori said, jumping into the conversation.

            “What the Hell!!” Koki said shock and alarm clearing showing on his face.

            “Daddy!”

“KOKI!! Watch what you say! Besides Lia doesn’t have a boyfriend.” Koki relaxed for a moment, then Maria said, “Yet.”

“WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!” Koki asked.

“Just that she doesn’t have one yet. And please relax. There is no need to do what you did last time,ne?”Maria looked down at her youngest daughter. “Kori? Go keep your dad busy okay.” And off Maria went back into the kitchen.

Koki sighed, what has the world come too? This can’t mean that Nathalia like a BOY?! Oh man I need a drink, like right now!

Kori-chan sensing her father was drifting tugged on his hand to get his attention.

“Daddy, go change! Then let play okay?!”

“Okay, baby” and off Koki went to change clothes and try not to panick.

The next day ~ Valentine’s Day:

‘This is it.  I can’t turn back, now. You can do this Lia. Tanaka Nathalia never backs down when she sets her mind to it.’ Lia said to himself as she walks down the crowded hall as she made her way to Yukio and Osvaldo’s class room, 3-A.  Sooner than she knew it she was standing in the open doorway. She looks around their classroom noticing that almost half of 3-A’s students are already inside. Just great. Lia thinks. I have an audience. Why is everyone here so early? Clutching the small bag of chocolate to her hammering chest she moves inside the room a little farther. She  still hesitates on what she’s about to do but thinking that this is the day that she promised herself to do this, she pushes past the hesitation inside her and just takes a deep breath before gently walking towards the love of  her life. Its now or never! Lia fighting!!

As Lia walks towards Yukio, Osvaldo and their group of friends she notice that their classmates have this silly grins on their lips, some are giggling and some are talking animatedly with their other classmates. She knew that they were used to seeing her come some mornings to have quick word with her older brother, which was just an excuse to see Yukio every other morning. What she didn’t know is that all of them had noticed the special gaily wrapped bag clutched to her chest, they were all wondering who in 3-A was she giving Valentine’s chocolate to?

On the outside she looks so serious and calm but deep inside she’s really nervous on what she’s about to do, most importantly about what she going to say.  As Lia gets closer, she can hear the different little groups laughter yet despite the choruses of laughter, Lia could tell which one has the best laugh and the best smile.

Just a few more steps and Lia finally stops, her eyes are focusing on the instigator of laughter. His classmates are still laughing when the Yukio stops laughing and noticed her presence. Yukio then grins, with Lia almost become a puddle on the floor. Their classmates stops laughing after seeing the change of expression, with Osvaldo swinging his line of vision to follow his, then smirked when he saw who it was. Osvaldo, although he never said anything knew of both his sister and his best friend’s feelings for each other. The rest of the group also follows Yukio’s gaze.

“Good morning, is there something I can do for our beloved Ms. VP of the freshmen class?” Osvaldo asks and smiles sweetly at Lia, it became obvious that Yukio was now tongue tied. Hearing that Lia nearly backs out on her plan. But then she’s been planning this for quite some time already so she should really do it.

“May I talk to you in private Yukio? Please.” Lia ask in a small yet serious voice. She felt her body was slightly shaking. She hoped no one could see it. Her facial expression remains calm but deep inside, her heart is beating fast and she’s still melting seeing Yukio’s smile.

Yukio clears his throat. “Privately? Ummm…class is about to start.” At that Osvaldo poked him in the side. “Oww! Osvaldo what the hell was that for!?”

Yukio, their school’s soccer team captain, one of the popular guys in school, the school’s resident heartthrob and Lia’s secret love now had all eyes on them.

“mmm…It won’t take long. I just need to tell you something important.” Lia said.

“Hmm… If it won’t take long, you just can tell it to me here.” Yukio said smiling.

Osvaldo who had an idea of what was coming widen his eyes in disbelief. Apparently, Yukio was a Bakanishi like his dad.

Lia stares at Yukio, she contemplates if she can tell it to Yukio in public or just do it some other time but then seeing that Yukio’s really waiting for him to say whatever it is on her mind, Lia doesn’t have a choice but to say it.

Oh Hell!!

She sighs and then takes a deep breath before she speaks.

“I know that this is sudden and you’ll probably be surprised but I’d been thinking of doing this for a long this,” Lia started. Yukio didn’t say anything and just let her continue. Lia then takes another deep breath and continues.

I am in love you. Will you go out with me?” Lia asks looking directly in Yukio’s eyes as she holds out the specially made chocolate towards Yukio.  Lia was nervous yet she focuses solely on Yukio and he is all that she sees. She actually didn’t know where she got the courage to say, admit, publicly her love for Yukio Akanishi.

Silence completely fills the room after Lia’s confession. Lia continues to look at no one except Yukio. Yukio has a completely shocked expression and then it changes into an unreadable one. Then his lips twitch for a smile but it didn’t stop there because he suddenly laughs.

Lia couldn’t do anything but to stare at Yukio as he laughs.

“OSVALDO!! You Fool! Do you think I’m going to fall for you and your practical jokes? And on Valentine’s day! This is almost too good.” Yukio said in between his laughter. Lia got confused on what Yukio said.

“Practical Joke?” Lia asks. “What practical joke?”

But Yukio didn’t answer as he focus is on best friend.

“Our dear Osvaldo pulled a near perfect one on me. This calls for a celebration.” Yukio said and then laughs again. It was no secret that Osvaldo could never out prank Yukio, the prank last week that Yukio had pulled on Osvaldo was now the stuff of legends. So for Osvaldo to prank him with a good one on Valentine’s Day one was unexpected.

Their classmates laugh along with Yukio while Lia and Osvaldo are shocked at what’s happening. Everyone is laughing and Lia felt that she just made the biggest mistake in her life.

‘Why is he laughing? Is he mocking my feelings towards him?’ Lia asks herself. Meanwhile Osvaldo looks like he is about to seriously murder his best friend. His heart hurts thinking about what just happened to his sister. Although, Osvaldo knew that the Baka seriously thought he was getting Ashton Kucher-style punked the welling of tears in his sister’s eyes really made him want to smash Yukio into pancake. 

So this is the feeling of being rejected? Lia could feel that the corners of her eyes are starting to sting and she knows that it won’t be long before tears started falling down her cheeks.

“Lia? Tell me what Ossie promised you for helping to pull this off? Maybe he promised to--“ Yukio couldn’t finish his sentence when he noticed Lia’s about to cry. Lia seeing that Yukio noticed her expression, she quickly changes it and attempts to return to her playful self and then says...

“Apparently that was all we could come up with, glad that you had fun with it.” Lia said and then she turned to leave, but not before a fat lone tear fell from her eyes and splashed on the bag of chocolate that was still in her hands. Maybe I need to go the nearest bathroom room to stop off and cry.

“Wait Lia!” Yukio calls but Lia ignores him, running past Risa who had been standing at the door way the entire time silently cheering her on. Yukio was about to follow her when Sensei enters the room, Lia disappearing out of sight.

“Happy Valentine’s day! Class let’s get started…” Their teacher grins at them…

            “You ” Osvaldo said through gritted teeth. “That wasn’t a prank.”

            At that Yukio’s eyes widened even more. And he truly felt like an .

 

~~~*****~~~~~

The surprise examination that moments before Yukio would have been totally prepared for ends but now because of what had transpired with Lia he barely knew his own name he was so blown away. His teacher starts a new discussion for their next lesson. The class becomes busy as they follow the new subject.

When the break between class arrives Osvaldo, turns to Yukio to lay it on him.

“What the hell is wrong with you?! You know I never prank about feelings. You are a real right now”  Osvaldo was upset.

Yukio just shrank in his seat. He was expected to be berated for the why he had blotch that morning. Before he could say anything Yukio was smacked really hard in the head. Turning around he found his sister Risa standing in front of him with murderous look in her eyes that eerily matched Osvaldo.

“Wait until you get home. Do you know Lia cried in the bathroom for ten minutes before she could bring herself to class? You are so in for it.”

“Stand in line Risa.” Osvaldo growled. Risa gives him one more murderous look before stomping out the class room. It was silent for a while. The rest of Yukio’s classmates looked on with pity because Yukio was in serious trouble.

 

~~~~*****~~~~

 

When it’s time for lunch break Yukio leaves his bento untouched and runs down the hall way making it to the freshmen hallway where he sees Lia quickly leaving in the hurry getting swallowed up in the crowd. Yukio can’t even find her, now.

Yukio really desperately needed to talk to Lia to clarify things which was why when the bell rings for lunch break, he had left his classroom at breakneck speed to find Lia but then a group of girls suddenly ask him something and when he looks down the hall to find Lia, Lia’s nowhere to be seen.

Yukio tried to look for Lia at the usual places that she usually hangs around but he didn’t see her. So Yukio thought that he’d talk to her after school or maybe in between their classes when they not that busy. As for Osvaldo he gives Yukio the deadly silent treatment, but Yukio would rather prefer that then him being killed which Yukio had a feeling Osvaldo still might do. No one messed with his baby sisters, EVER! And Yukio understood that it was only because Ossie knew how Yukio really felt about Lia that he was allowed to breathe properly.

So when the clock strikes for 3:00 in the afternoon, Yukio waits for Lia at the school gates but he didn’t see her. He’s getting a little worried because Lia is usually with Risa makes sure that she sees her brother before she leaves campus and its already 3:30 he still can’t see her. So when Lia’s homeroom teacher exits the school building Yukio still keeps on glancing at the school entrance waiting for Lia. Maybe there was a sudden track meeting or student council meeting or whatever.

So when Juku-Sensei, Lia’s homeroom teacher was about to leave Yukio can’t help himself and he suddenly speaks.

“Excuse me sir, can I asks a question?” Yukio said.

“What is it Yukio?” Juku-sensei asks.

“Is there a sudden meeting of the student council or something?” Yukio asks.

 “No, there wasn’t. Why?” the teacher asks.

“Nothing sir, it’s just that…ummm the Senior President and the Freshman VP seem to be missing.” Yukio just said.

Juku-Sensei looks at Yukio and then remembering who the class president and VP of the classes are, says…

“You mean Osvaldo and Lia? They came to the faculty office after lunch break and ask to be excused from their classes this afternoon. Lia-san seemed to not be feeling well today and Osvaldo wanted to take her home and take care of her, so I told them to just go home and take a rest.” The teacher said.

If Yukio was surprised after hearing that he didn’t let it show.

“Thank you, Sensei.” Yukio then said and then smiled a little.

Their professor smiles and leaves.

Yukio weakly stands there, and when his legs feel like they are about to give out he leans against the brick wall. He feels bad hearing that Lia doesn’t feel well. And he doesn’t know but something tells him that it has everything to do with what happened that morning.

 

~~~~****~~~~~~~

 

On the other hand Lia doesn’t know how on earth she managed to last until lunch break only breaking down in the bathroom before heading back to class. Her heart hurts so much that when it’s finally lunch break she quickly left their room and without thinking twice she goes straight to the faculty office, meeting Osvaldo on the way. For the first time in her life, she asks to be excused from class because she’s not feeling well.

Yes, indeed, for the first time she skipped classes and even lied for the reason. But then she’s not really lying when she said she’s not feeling well. She just didn’t say that technically its because her heart is broken that that’s why she isn’t feeling well.

When her homeroom teacher advised her to take some rest, Lia immediately goes straight home. Osvaldo is also excused from classes. Before he had arrived that the teachers’ room her had gotten permission to be excused from his afternoon classes. So with out a word they mounted Osvaldo racing bike and rode home.  When they arrive at their house, of course no one’s around. Their parents, since it is a Friday and Valentine’s Day had planned a kid free weekend of passion and romance. The idea of their parents being passionate and romantic with each other was nausea to think about…, somewhat.

Osvaldo doesn’t say anything and allows Lia silently climb the stairs to go straight to her room. She lies on her bed. Her heart hurts a lot. She curls into a ball, finally letting out the rest of her tears that she’s been trying to hold in. Lia cries. She didn’t know that having a broken heart hurts like that. She let the tears falls not even bothering to wipe them. Her cries turn into deep sobs.

Completely alone on her room there is no one to hear. In her room, she doesn’t always have to be the cheerful carefree person everyone thinks that she is. Inside her room she’s just Lia, simple Lia who is really a sweet, caring and playful person but is also a real crybaby. Lia cries for hours and when she finally calms down she lets her tired body succumbs to sleep. And as she sleeps he can’t help but to dream about how a certain someone named Akanishi Yukio who has taken her heart away.

            All during Lia’s heart wrenching crying Ossie has been sitting outside her door, his heart aching for his sister, but he let her have her private time but he sat outside her door like a guard, waiting for her if she needed him.

            Another hour passed and it was time for Oswaldo to go to his Judo club meeting. As one of the upperclassmen in the club he couldn’t miss this important meeting. He cracked the door and checked on his sister. She was sound asleep. Gently wiping her tear damp cheek he bent down and kissed her forehead. Then quietly leaving the sticky note telling him where he was in case she woke up he just as silently exited her room.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Later that evening…

 

Lia woke up when she felt a hand tapping his shoulder, waking her up. “Lia, Lia, Nathalia wake up. It’s evening already.” Her little sister Kori says, her small warm hands touching her shoulders. Lia opens her eyes slowly and when she finally did she saw her brothers and sister looking on at her.

“Oni-chan…” Lia calls to her brothers.

Oswaldo  had the house phone in his hands, when Lia sat up fully he passed her the phone.

“Its Mom.” He said as a way to answer her questioning look.

“Diga?” Lia answered when she took the phone from Ossie.

“Lia are you alright?  Are you sick? I got worried when I received a call from your homeroom teacher telling me that you went home early because you’re not feeling well.” Maria said in a worried tone. Then before Lia could answer her father Koki was on the phone “Baby-girl, we’re coming home right now!”

Lia blinks and tried to absorb what her father had just said.

“Lia are you having a fever?” asks by her father.

Lia shakes her head, even though her father couldn’t see her “No, I’m fine now. I just needed to get some rest. I feel better. She smiled at her brothers to assure them as well. “I’m alright Daddy.” Lia assured.

“But your homeroom teacher told me that you’re not feeling good. Don’t lie to me Lia.” Koki said.

“I’m fine Daddy, really.”

“Physically maybe, what happened really? Your voice sounds scratchy and weak a very clear sign that you’ve been crying, a lot. You’re not the type to be absent Lia, even when you’re sick. We have to MAKE you stay home. You’re not the VP president of your class for nothing. Tell me NOW or you’ll never hear the end of it.”

“Daddy… uhm…” Lia didn’t know what to say. Well as usual her father Koki knows that there’s more to it than what she’s saying to him.

“I’m fine Daddy. Don’t worry. Enjoy your time with Mama” Lia assured them. She‘s not ready to tell them about her heart getting broken. She can just imagine the look that is more than likely on his face at this moment. Her brothers just raise their eyebrows at the one-sided exchange that they hear on their side. There was no way that their dad was going to buy that excuse.

They were right.

“If you don’t tell the truth right now you’ll regret it Lia.” Koki warns her.

“Sweetheart, maybe our Lia-chan needs time. Okay?” Maria said in the background. “She’ll tell you when she’s ready.”

“Baby, we need to know about it now. No one can make baby-girl cry and get away with it.” Koki said in a deathly tone. Koki was already planning ways to dismember and dispose of the body parts of the person or people that had made his baby girl cry.

If there is one thing that everyone in the family agreed on it is about protecting each other.  They all loved each other very much. And in Koki’s heart Lia was his special miracle baby.

“Tell us about it now Nathalia Ai Tanaka.” Koki asks one final time.

Oh man, he said my full name. Lia thought.

Lia bit her lip and started telling her dad about what really happened. She told him the real reason why she said that she’s not feeling very well and how she was now the talk of the entire school. Lia told him about her feelings for Yukio and what happened when she confessed that morning. As she talks about it she can’t help but to cry once again.

After she’s done telling Koki what happened….

            “I’m killing him. I am going to Jin’s house right now and killing him.”

            “DADDY!!! You can’t, please!”

            “KOKI! You are not going to kill anyone. We will talk about this when we get home. We’re coming right now.” Maria said. She had heard the whole story as well as Koki had but Lia on speaker phone.

            “Mom! Dad! You can’t! You flew to Sapporo!! You can’t ruin your Valentine’s Day because of me! Please. I’m really okay right now.”    

Koki sighs. One of the reasons why he’s frustrated, Lia’s independent and has a stubborn streak, she must have inherited that from her mother Koki thought. He’s mad at Yukio for laughing at his daughter’s feelings. But Koki was well aware of where Yukio got his Baka tendencies.

How Koki and Maria hate it when they can’t do anything.  They both want to think that they need to think of something to mend their daughter’s heart.

“Stop crying now Lia. Your eyes are probably all puffy already.  You’re too gorgeous to have puffy eyes” Maria said in her soothing tone, like her husband Koki she feels frustrated too but then she’s calmer than  her husband Koki.

Lia just hiccups as a reply.

Knowing that they can’t do anything at the moment Koki speaks again.

“Let me speak to Ossie, Okay.”

“Si” And she hands the phone back to Ossie.

“Si, Papa?” He listens for a few moments, humming every now and again in agreement. “Okay…Yeah…I did…hmmm…Yeah; I think things will be fine by the time you get back on Monday….hmmm…Okay. I promise. I love you too. Bye Bye.” And Osvaldo end the call. “Okay, now dad said to let’s forget about it for now. I’m hungry, Rico is starving I’m sure. So let’s eat. I bet you still haven’t had your lunch yet right Lia?” Osvaldo asked.

Lia just nods in agreement.

“C’mon now little sis. Smile and let’s eat. I’ll cook something delicious for you.” Osvaldo said to cheer Lia up as he hauls her off from the bed. Lia complied and let herself be hauled by Osvaldo.

“I’ll cook something delicious for you…” Maurico said repeating Osvaldo’s words. “As if you know how to cook!! All you know is instant food.” Rico said. Osvaldo snorted as they make their way downstairs towards the kitchen.

“At least I didn’t try to burn the whole house down.” Osvaldo counters.

“That was just an accident.” Rico said.

Three times Maurico. Three times would never be considered an accident.” Osvaldo reminds him.

Whatever.” Rico said and then looks at Lia.

“Don’t mind our old Oni-chan. You know what they say about those people who are getting old, they are super sensitive about the simplest things.” he whispers to Lia and Kori

“I heard that Rico!” Osvaldo snaps.

Hearing about it the girls laughs a little. No matter how sad she is, her brothers always manage to make her happy whether they are bickering or not. Kori, also in her own way did too, especially as she grabbed her hand as they walked down the stairs.

The boys pause in bickering and smile knowing that somehow their sister finally laughs. For now seeing and hearing her laugh is enough. The four of them go to the kitchen and like what Osvaldo promised; he cooks food for Lia, all instant though.

 

 

~~~***~~~

They eat their dinner not peacefully because like the usual the brothers are always argue on different things and she keeps on laughing at their bickering. She knows it’s rude to laugh at them but they don’t seem to mind at her laughing so she continues to do that.

Somehow it also made her forget a little about her heartbreak.

Rico and Osvaldo on the other hand, they know that Lia enjoys their bickering. Well based from the way she laughs at them it’s quite obvious that she’s amused. They are actually bickering more than the normal everyday bickering routine. They are both hoping that with that their sister forgets, at least a little about what happened at school earlier.

After dinner, they all decided to have a movie marathon which leads to another bickering on what genre they are going to watch. Yet with the baby in the house, Kori, that left some genre out of the question. Since they can’t decide they let Lia decide and they both should’ve known Lia’s DVD collection include the romantic comedy. She made them watch Playful Kiss.

Seeing their sisters have fallen asleep, Rico carry Lia to her room  while Ossie carries Kori to her room with Osvaldo coming back to arrange their mess their movie marathon then followed Rico towards Lia’s room.

When Osvaldo arrived at Lia’s room, Rico’s done tucking Lia to bed.

They stare at their little sister’s sleeping figure for a while and when Lia moves in her sleep and murmur something that sounds “Yukio” followed by a little cry they both share a worried look to each other.

“We have to do something about this.” Rico said.

Osvaldo nods and says, “Let’s talk about it in my room.”

Rico nods and they both give Lia one kiss goodnight on her forehead before they proceed to Osvaldo’s room to talk about how they’ll help their sister and friend.

 

 

~~~***~~~~

Lia wakes up later around a little before midnight. She woke up because she heard a screeching sound on her balcony door.

She stares at the sliding doors that lead to her balcony, she can’t see what’s outside because there’s a curtain but she can hear a screeching sound loud and clear. She got nervous but at the same time she wants to know what’s on the other side of the sliding door.

Lia silently goes towards her sliding door not forgetting to grab something that could protect her just in case it’s a burglar on the other side of the sliding door, a fly swatter. Don’t even ask why she has fly swatter in her room or why she picked that to protect her.

Lia slowly takes a peak around her curtains and the moment she takes a peak her eyes widen in shocked on what she sees…

Out of shocked the supposedly small peak turns into a full widening of the curtains revealing a shivering Yukio Akanishi standing on her balcony. Dropping the fly swatter she stares in shock through the glass at the sight. she can’t help but to mutter one word.

“Yukio.”