Chapter 1

Her Sister's Secret

 

Im Jin Ah watched as the rain steadily drizzled down on the street. People were scrambling for cover - there was no indication of rain on the forecast. She was relieved that she made it into the café long before it started to pour. Taking note of the time, she realized that Mir was unusually late.

Whenever they went out, Mir would always be the one waiting. It made her feel bad at times, but the other would always comfort her. You’re worth the wait, he would say. Nana smiled at the warm memory. In a way, she was happy things turned out this way. At least, just once, she could be the one waiting for him instead.

Slowly, her breathing started to even out. She had been in a hurry to come to the café. She had certain matters to take care of, almost completely wiping out their date from her mind. When she recalled their agreement to meet at the café today, she had to use every ounce of self-preservation she had to keep herself from making a mad dash for it.

Fidgeting in her seat, she brushed off imaginary dust from her black asymmetrical skirt and adjusted her white chiffon blouse in the process, making sure no creases were to be seen. She also gave her long brown hair a quick pat down to make sure every strand was in place. Though she would never admit it, Nana constantly tried her best to look good for her boyfriend. Even if the latter had assured her a hundred times before that she’d always be beautiful in his eyes, Nana still made sure she took the extra mile to dress up for Mir.

Nana relaxed into her seat and scanned the café. It was pretty simple, with cream colored walls and hardwood floors. The wooden tables matched with the cushioned oak chairs, grouped in two’s and four’s. At the far end of the room was a grand piano, placed atop a wooden platform. It was open for anyone to use, but no one dared to at the moment. The windows were all on one side, wide and lined with little pots of flowers. They and provided a good view of the street across it. It was still raining, she noted. Did Mir have an umbrella with him?

Nana propped a hand on the table and rested her chin on it. Each time the bell at the café’s entrance rang, she’d turn to see if Mir had finally arrived. It’s been twenty minutes and still no signs of him. Worry was gradually building up inside her.

The ringing of her hand phone quickly grabbed her attention. She reached for it and read the name across the screen. Relief washed over her as she hastily answered the call. It was Mir.

“Bang Cheolyong, did you plan on making me wait forever? I could already see wrinkles on my skin! Yah, you’re gonna pay for this!”

“Nana, are you in the café?” came the voice on the line, sounding extremely anxious.

Nana’s brows locked in confusion. He was definitely late, but there was no need for him to be so bothered. Did her teasing go too far? “Uh, yeah. I’ve been waiting for you.”

“Don’t leave, okay?” was the reply. “I’ll be there in five.”

Before she could respond, the call was dropped. The queasy feeling in her guts returned, stronger and more pronounced. She tried calling him again, she had far too many question to ask but he simply won’t pick up. The seconds dragged on and on, Nana couldn’t believe how slow time was.

Finally, the café’s door peeled open revealing a very frantic looking Mir.

“Nana!”

Nana was quick to her feet and went straight for her boyfriend.

“Cheolyong, what happened? You’re soaking wet.” Nana dabbed at her lover’s face with the napkin she picked up from their table. She saw Mir’s look soften a little as she continued to brush of the drops of rain on his shirt.

Mir slowly reached for Nana’s hand, trapping it in his own. He held her gaze, trying his best to read her current state of mind. He used his other hand to cup the side of her face. He felt her shiver a little at his touch from the coldness of his hand, but she smiled a genuine smile, which calmed him down a little inside.

“Im Jin Ah,” he started, still not letting go of her face. He studied her face, gauging what her reaction might be to his revelation. He took in a big breath before he continued his statement.

“I think I just found your sister.”

 


 

note: The brunette Nana was complete loooooove, that's why I decided to use her here. Bang-era Nana had a unique charm. Blonde Nana is, of course, just as dazzling, but there's something about brunette Nana, I just can't figure it out.

 

A/N: Hi you guys! Haha. This update is kinda on the short side, I know. The next chapters are going to be much longer. At least, that's how I plan them to turn out. Anywhoo, thanks for giving this story a shot. I'll try my best not to disappoint !

 

And yippee, my first comment!

nana4mir: I don't think it will come as a surprise when I reveal who she is. They do have some sort of resemblance. At least, to me that is. Thank you for reading my story! I was literally jumping around the house when I saw your comment and then saw that you subscribed. LOL. I hope this story would continue to hold your interest. AGAIN, THANK YOOOOOU SO MUCH. I would kiss you if I could. LOL.

Stay tuned!

<3 K