"Gege, I'm blind, not deaf."

Love Knows No Boundaries...
Please log in to read the full chapter

Part 3. Part 2 here. EEEEEE~~~ *PUKES RAINBOWS AND SUNSHINES.* =w= There's an audio link below in the story, so please have that window open so you can read what happens during the performance in the story. :)  Just imagine a deeper voice now singing this song and not some pre-debut voice, hahaha.... :P

 

“Where are we going, Yixing-ge?”

“Just wait, Zhongda-yah.”

“But gege...”

“Patience, Zhongda,” Yixing smiles at Jongdae, his thumb grazing over Jongdae’s hand as they walk hand in hand, hooked at the elbow.  Jongdae pouts.

Jongdae is walking with Yixing on a Monday afternoon.  Yixing had surprised Jongdae earlier by telling Zitao after lunch that he would be taking Jongdae home after he was done with his afternoon class.  Once Yixing got out of class two hours later, he saw Zitao waiting with Jongdae and went up to them, thanking Zitao for being patient.

Zitao nodded and took his leave, as Jongdae stood there looking a bit confused and a bit excited for what is to happen.

“Zhongda, I have a surprise for you.”

Jongdae’s ears perked up at the line and he felt cautious about the surprise.   “Gege, you know I can’t see the surprise…”

“I know; you don’t have to see it to know it.  Come with me.  We’re gonna go to a café for a little snack first.”  Yixing hooked Jongdae’s arm around his arm, taking the walking stick out of the owner’s hand and placing it in his friend’s laptop bag.  Yixing led Jongdae out of the campus and onwards to a surprise destination.

Now, the two guys are entering the café, the same café that Hyosung had eaten with Himchan, and that Joonmyeon and Jongin had gone to when they confessed.  Yixing leads Jongdae to a window-side table that has been reserved for them and seats Jongdae down.  Jongdae takes off his laptop bag and places it under his seat with Yixing’s guidance.  Yixing then seats himself, just as a waiter comes by and says, “Hello, good afternoon, welcome to Harmonious Endings.  What would you like for today?”

“We would like to have this dessert, just a slice wide enough for the two of us, please.  I’ll have the Americano and Jongdae will just have the caramel cappuccino.  Thank you,” Yixing says.

I never drink caramel cappuccino unless it is a treat…and Yixing-ge knows that… Jongdae thinks to himself.  What is ‘this dessert’ he is ordering for us?  It sounds like he is treating me to something.  I haven’t done anything important worth celebrating though… Jongdae is unaware that his face is showing extreme worry and deep thought, and Yixing can easily see it.

“Zhongda,” Jongdae feels Yixing’s hands gently caressing his hands.  “Let’s enjoy our treat today.  There’s something after this that I want to…do for you.  Mkay?”  Jongdae hesitantly nods, smiling weakly.

“Hello, boys.  Here is the fruit tart with the dark chocolate crust and for you, a caramel cappuccino and for you, an Americano.”

Rattle, rattle…

Ah, that must be the forks, and did the waiter say fruit tart?  This is really something special, I wonder what’s the surprise now, Jongdae thinks to himself.  He then hears Yixing thanking the waiter.

“Enjoy your dessert!” Jongdae thanks the waiter and hears the retreating footsteps.  He then reaches his hand to feel the table for the forks…only to find none.  He is a bit puzzled.

“Say ‘ahh’, Zhongda.”

Jongdae’s ears perk up at this new line he has never heard Yixing say before.  “Gege? What’s going on?”

“Just say ‘ahh’, Zhongda-yah.”  Jongdae hears the amusement in Yixing’s voice and compels himself to do what his friend asked him to do.

A taste of strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry mixed with vanilla crème…and the crustiness of the dark chocolate graham crackers…

Wow…this is really amazing.  Jongdae savors the taste in his mouth.  “Mmm, this is sweet.”

“Do you like it?”

“Mhm!” Jongdae chirps with a nod.

“I’m glad.”  Jongdae hears a tinge of contentment in Yixing’s voice and he hears a hum from Yixing.  Jongdae assumes that Yixing has just tried a bite of the tart as well.

“Gege, is there only one fork? I thought I heard two forks on the table…”

“Wha…you heard two forks?”  Unbeknownst to Jongdae, a smile creeps on Yixing’s face as he reaches for his cup to take a sip of the Americano.  Jongdae nods.

“Impossible, there was only one,” Yixing teases as he moves the other fork away from Jongdae’s reach.

“Gege, I’m blind, not deaf. I clearly heard two forks on the table. Rattle rattle. Two rattles. If it was one, I would have just heard one rattle,” Jongdae says monotonously.

Yixing chuckles as he takes another bite again of the fruit tart, “You got me.  There were two forks, but since we’re sharing one already, what’s the use of ruining the other fork?”

Jongdae blushes.  “Gege…you…I…wha…we’ve been sharing one fork? Gege…that’s mean.  I might get your sickness or whatever that’s been in your mouth...”

Yixing pretends to be offended.  “I’ll have you know that you had the first bite, and I’m perfectly healthy.”

“…Oh.”

Yixing smirks, “Zhongda…Remember I told you there’s a surprise?”  Jongdae nods.  “I’ll be right back, okay?  Enjoy the rest of the fruit tart.  I already had some.  Wait for the surprise.”  Yixing places his fork on the plate before moving them and Jongdae’s cappuccino towards Jongdae.  He then inserts the other fork he had hidden in Jongdae’s hand.  Jongdae’s hand instantly wraps around the fork.

“But how will I know what is the surprise?”

“Listen for it,” Yixing simply says, ruffling Jongdae’s hair.  “I’ll be right back.”  Jongdae nods, still feeling a bit puzzled.

Jongdae is left alone at the table as he feels for the plate that has the dessert, and tentatively strikes his fork down on the plate, feeling for the tart.  Feeling the soft landing of the fork, he takes a forkful of the dessert and brings it to his mouth, savoring the sweet taste.  His other hand feels for his cup, and when he finds the handle, he brings it closer to him.

“Mmm, this is so good.  I wish I could see the dessert so I could savor it with my eyes too.” Jongdae takes a sip of h

Please log in to read the full chapter