"Hyung, what are you talking about? I wasn't staring at him; I was just...studying him and his behavior. There's a difference."

Love Knows No Boundaries...
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo is eating his flatbread pizza and talking with Daehyun when he feels he is being watched.  He brushes off the feeling, he is used to people staring at him all the time when he is with Daehyun or Baekhyun, signing with a flurry of hands.  He continues to chat with the group, joking with Daehyun in their own little world and conversing with his brother, but there is that nagging feeling that someone is watching him.  Sneaking an opportunity to not get caught by his group for looking around suspiciously, he scans the area and stops mid-action.

A male student is staring at Kyungsoo.  Brown hair, with a face that gives off a pure innocence but somewhat masculine feeling, and those eyes. The eyes with these slight folds on the upper eyelids.  The tan skin he has makes him look all the more like a god, an eye candy.

Kyungsoo’s breath hitches in his throat, not sure if he has seen the student before.  He looks away quickly, just in time to see Daehyun turning around to face him after talking with Youngjae, JB, Yongguk and Jieun about their classes.  Kyungsoo trusts that Daehyun has not told the group about Joonmyeon, because if they heard about the incident from this morning, the group would have paid extra attention to Kyungsoo.  Daehyun asks Kyungsoo if something is wrong, he can feel Kyungsoo nervously fidgeting and tensing up next to him.  Kyungsoo hastily shakes his head. Daehyun seems unconvinced and gives him a long stare, scanning Kyungsoo’s face for any giveaways.  Finding none, he nods slowly and signs [o-k-k-a-a-y-y-y-y-y], giving his hand a slight bounce and a slow downward motion.  Kyungsoo gives him a tight-lipped smile, just as Baekhyun taps him on the shoulder.  Daehyun does not press any further questions as he notices the tap, and Kyungsoo, holding up a ‘wait a moment’ signal, whirls around to face Baekhyun and Chanyeol.  He sees Baekhyun in the arms of Chanyeol, his back against Chanyeol’s chest.  Daehyun then turns to face his brother and friends as he waits for Kyungsoo to finish his talk with the couple.  Chanyeol informs Kyungsoo that he is inviting Baekhyun and Kyungsoo to his place next week, because he had talked to Jonghyun this morning about their connection to Jinki.

“I’m sure Jinki-hyung will be glad to meet you guys, the brothers of one of his top favorite performers at his workplace!”  Chanyeol seems ecstatic.  “How does next week sound? I’ll pick you guys up and we’ll head to my house, you guys can meet the rest of my siblings, and have dinner there.”

“Uhm…hmm,” Kyungsoo ponders on the offer, as he starts to stray his eyes away from the couple and happens to land at the same person from earlier.  The student’s eyes are still on him, but this time, he appears to be eating ramen.  Kyungsoo averts his eyes to look back at the couple.

“Uh, sure, why not? I mean, yeah, I’ll take the offer.  That sounds lovely,” Kyungsoo says, a little distracted.  Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s eyebrows twitch in slight confusion at the response and they look at each other with a small shrug.

“Okay, it’s settled then!  Babe, I’ll pick you guys up next week Thursday afternoon after classes?” Chanyeol gives a light peck on Baekhyun’s cheek.  Baekhyun nods as Kyungsoo watches them with a small smile.

“Yup, Kyungsoo, I think your class ends at 3:30PM, yeah?” Baekhyun shoots a questioning glance at Kyungsoo.  When Kyungsoo nods, Baekhyun smiles and wheels his head around to face Chanyeol before giving him a kiss on the lips.  Glancing away to give them privacy, Kyungsoo subtly checks back on the guy.  His eyes widen; the same student is still watching him.  Kyungsoo wonders if this guy has even looked away from him.  His brow furrows in a mixture of curiosity and wonderment. 

Kyungsoo suddenly feels self-conscious about himself.  Do I have something in my hair? On my face?, he worries in his head.  His hands are twitching to touch his face but he does not want the others to be suspicious of what he is doing.  He pretends to look around some more but no matter where he looks, from the corners of his eyes, the student is still staring at him, causing Kyungsoo to blush.  Finally, he decides to stare back as an act of challenge, for his pride’s sake.  After maintaining eye contact for a while, the guy smiles, and finally his brown eyes glance away.  When he looks back at Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo flicks his eyebrows up to say, Ha, I win.

The mysterious student smirks and turns his head to face his friend, as his friend leans to ask him something.  Kyungsoo, out of curiosity, moves a little sideways to see who the friend is, and receives a shock.

It is the student from this morning, the senior in Journalism.  Kim Joonmyeon.

Joonmyeon receives his answer in a form of a nod in Kyungsoo’s direction, and then Joonmyeon follows the direction of his friend’s nod.  Still in shock, Kyungsoo is not aware that Joonmyeon has spotted Kyungsoo and is gently waving at him with the smile on his face.  When he comes out of his daze, Kyungsoo reddens and looks away, remembering that Joonmyeon has given him his phone number that morning.  He closes his eyes in defeat, knowing that he has to give Joonmyeon his phone number.  He takes out his phone and the paper containing Joonmyeon’s phone number to text him his own phone number, doing it as discreetly as possible.

Daehyun, who has just finished listening to Youngjae talk about his classes, turns to see Kyungsoo texting.  One downward glance to Kyungsoo’s hands gets him chuckling and playfully teasing his friend.  Baekhyun catches Daehyun chuckling at Kyungsoo and finds Kyungsoo looking down, so he follows Kyungsoo’s gaze to the phone and the small strip of paper in his hand.  Still in Chanyeol’s loose embrace, Baekhyun straightens up and asks Daehyun behind Kyungsoo’s back what is going on with Kyungsoo.  Daehyun explains about the morning incident, and Baekhyun beams at the response.  He then tells Chanyeol, and the both of them share a secret look.  Daehyun’s answer has confirmed their thoughts about Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon.

“Ah, that’s right.  Hyung should be around here somewhere,” Chanyeol cranes his neck to look around the crowd.  He finally spots Joonmyeon and lifts one hand to wave at him.  He sees that Joonmyeon is looking a little distracted, so he calls out his name.  Joonmyeon is startled and scans the crowd for the source of the voice.  When he finds Chanyeol waving, he waves back and Chanyeol makes gesticulations that include a lot of pointing. Chanyeoi circles his pointed hand around in front of him, points to Joonmyeon and makes a circling motion with his finger at Joonmyeon, as he mouths, Can we all join you guys over there? Joonmyeon nods, beckoning him with a downward-facing palm.

Chanyeol announces to the group that he will take them all to meet his brother and his brother’s group of friends.  Chanyeol has only met Jongdae and Zitao a few times so he informs the group of their conditions.  Kyungsoo stows away his phone in his pocket as Baekhyun interprets for him and Daehyun.  At first, Kyungsoo widens his eyes at the thought of meeting Joonmyeon again, but at the same time, he really wants to know who the staring guy is.  When they hear about Jongdae and Zitao, they look at each other, feeling impressed about the diversity of the group.  Kyungsoo’s anxiousness to meet new people goes away as everyone is more than happy to meet Chanyeol’s brother and his group.  They bring their lunches over to Joonmyeon’s tables and Kyungsoo sees that the guy is no longer looking at him and is conversing with two other friends.

- -

Earlier....

Jongin is enjoying his ramen noodles and watches the crowd as Sehun chats with Luhan and Yixing, and Joonmyeon chats with Jongdae and Zitao.  Yixing constantly checks up on Jongdae, sometimes forgetting that he is still a part of Sehun and Luhan’s conversation.  Jongin catches sight of one person doing something with his hands to another person, and decides to watch him.  Jongin has never seen hands move that fast.

All of a sudden, Jongin sees the doe-eyed student looking a little bothered and then scanning his surroundings slowly, before he looks directly at Jongin.

Jongin’s heart flips and beats irregularly in his chest.  His mind starts to shift gears and think about why he is feeling like this.  He makes no move to calm down, only to stare at the person and analyze what is it about him that makes his heart beat irregularly.

Immediately, the student looks away and begins to converse with someone next to him, and then with a couple on the other side of him.  For a while after the student has looked away Jongin still watches him, but he is aware that this student keeps sneaking glances at him.  Finally, when the student stares back with a rash attitude and fierce determination, Jongin cannot resist smirking at how cute the student is being.  He looks away, in time for Joonmyeon to ask him what is up.

Jongin nods his head to the direction that he is looking at, and tells Joonmyeon that he just had a stare contest with someone.  Joonmyeon follows his gaze, and recognizing the student, he waves.  Jongin looks at him with a small giveaway of shock and disbelief.  He mutters to Joonmyeon, “Joonmyeon-hyung, who’s he? The guy that you were waving at, do you know him?”

“Hm? Oh, that’s Park Kyungsoo.”  Joonmyeon smiles and nods to himself.  He catches sight of a sliced green onion on the corner of Jongin’s mouth, and his thumb, he brushes it off with his thumb.  Jongin blushes but tries to act like it is nothing.  Joonmyeon chuckles, co

Please log in to read the full chapter