Three Golden Coupons

My Devil Playmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Jiyong]

 

        I ran as fast as I could towards the stairwell where I took her to hide from the fangirls after I had announced her as my date for the school fair. I’m guessing that’s what she meant by meeting her at the stairwell (I’d like to think of it as “our” stairwell). Slamming shoulders with gapping bystanders, I sprinted with all my might. When I got there, I the door open, expecting to see Dara waiting for me with her hands crossed in front of her chest, annoyed at me for being late.

 

        But there was no one.

 

        Sighing in defeat, I slumped down to sit on the steps. It wasn’t this stairwell? Or was it just a prank? Maybe it wasn’t Dara at all, who put the note in my locker. Why would she, when she was so convinced it was me who humiliated TOP and her with the flyer incident, and have no respect for other people…

 

        I want to scream at her to say it wasn’t me. The night Bom tried to coax me into helping her with her plan, I had indeed taken her cell phone. However, not once did I even contemplate about following Bom’s instructions. I wanted to check for myself to see if TOP was really serious about confessing to Dara. I knew it took a lot of courage for him to do this, and as his best friend, I want him to have a fair chance.

 

        A fair chance…against me.

 

        He didn’t sent the message, and instead came up with a childish plan in hopes of getting Dara to somehow pity and agree to be with him. I still didn’t in, even though I was misunderstood and hated by Dara.

 

        Groaning, I lay down on the steps and closed my eyes, enjoying the coldness of the marble floor. When I opened my eyes again, a piece of white paper fluttered down from above.

 

        I winced, thinking it was one of those flyers that had spread like wildfire across the entire YG campus. To my surprise, it was a letter written in Dara’s handwriting, and attached to it were three yellow cards.

 

To Santokki’s dear master,

 

        Santokki knows she’s been a very bad pet lately, and she feels very bad for the trouble she gave to her master. She shouldn’t have doubted her master. It was wrong of her to bite back to her master when she didn’t get the facts straight.

 

        Santokki sincerely hopes her master will forgive her, and that they can continue their pet-owner relationship. To show her earnestness, Santokki had decided to give her master the sacred Three Golden Coupons. Each coupon can redeem for one thing Jiyong Master wishes for Santokki to do. Each coupon is limited to one wish, but there is no expiration date.

 

        Forgive me?

 

                                                                                                                Santokki.
 

PS Please, please, please don’t use the coupons to make Santokki eat pickles or carrots. Santokki knows that the coupons are for any one thing Master wants Santokki to do, but please don’t make Santokki eat pickles or carrots. Please find some kindness in your heart to agree.

 

        Snickering at the PS, I observed the “coupons”. Dara had really put some effort into making them pretty. Bold, black declared SANTOKKI COUPONS, and she decorated the coupon with swirls and abstract designs. On the back, in small letters, it even says For Jiyong Master Only: One Wish. I couldn’t help chuckling at how cute she is, how cute she sounds in the letter.

 

        I silently climbed up the stairs, knowing the letter and coupons couldn’t have just flown to me on their own. I grinned when I saw my “pet” sitting obediently on the steps. She peeked at me shyly and quickly averted her eyes shyly, and I grinned even wider. Her expression was full of shame and anxiety. I find that very adorable.

 

        “I’m disappointed.” I sat down beside her and playfully tug at her the strand of her apple hair. “I was expecting you to wear a full-on bunny suit.”

 

        Dara rolled her eyes. “Hey, I may put down my pride because I’m apologetic, but that doesn’t mean I have no pride, ok? Bunny suit is out of the question.” She then gasped, clutching my arm. “No…you wouldn’t…”

 

        I twirled the coupons around. “Well…it DOES say one wish…”

 

        Dara groaned loudly and hissed, “I knew it was a bad idea.” She crossed her arms in front of her chest and glared at me. “I knew it!”

 

        “Some kindness is my heart did cross out the eating pickles and carrots, though. But no one prohibited cute bunny suits.” I shrugged, enjoying her annoyance. “Hmm…I wonder…how would you like it if I asked for my first wish to be Santokki wearing a bunny suit for the whole day and parading around YG campus?”

 

        “You wouldn’t!” Dara gasped. Then she whined, “Not fair, Jiyong! I already apologized, didn’t I? No need to punish me, right?”

 

        “It’s not puni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter