The Dinner

The Proposal

 

[Jongin POV]

 

Okay, everything’s set! I said to myself as I was checking my hair in the mirror at the hallway.

Oh wait! Where’s umma and appa?

“Umma?! Appa?! Come on I don’t want to be late.” I yelled out through the house.

“I’m almost done dear!” Umma yelled back, at the same time I saw appa just got down from the stairs looking at me, and I know that looks.

“Why do I have to come to your proposal thing?” Appa asked while walking towards me.

“Well because I am going to propose to your future-in-law appa.” I answered casually.

“Well I’ve known him, I’ve met him, what’s the point of me going?” Appa is still reluctant to go.

“Just come will you, and quit your rants.” Umma said as she came across our conversation.

‘Thank you’ I sigh.

“Now don’t sigh. This is your choice hun and I’m happy that you’re finally gonna asked him.” Umma added.

“You guys ready?” I asked for the umpteenth time that night.

“Yes.” Umma and appa answered at the same time, that got them laughing.

I locked the door and quickly went to the driver seat. Start the engine and move away to Kyungsoo’s house.

Upon my arrival to his house, I could see Kyungsoo is already waiting outside. I saw him waved towards our car. I smiled at the figure.

‘He’s still adorable as ever’

“Stop looking at him like that” Appa stated after I parked the car.

“What? I can’t even look at him?”

“Whatever, just be quick. I wanna go home.”

“Honey, stop complaining.” Umma interrupted.

We walked until we reached the front door of Kyungsoo’s house, which he welcomed warmly.

“Hi Jongin” he greeted me as usual and bowed when he saw my parents behind me.

“Please come in.” We both let my parents settle inside before he turns back and gives me a peck. I smiled at him.

After he closed the front door, our hands intertwined and we walked towards living room and met with his parents having a short conversation with mine. I bowed towards them.

“Come on, dinner’s ready.” His mother said then.

*Dinner table*

My hands started to sweat as they served desserts. Suddenly I felt another hands holding to my hands. I looked up and saw concerned expression of Kyungsoo.

“What’s wrong Jongin? Are you okay?”

‘! Is it obvious?’

“No baby, I’m fine. I am totally fine. See?” I start to scoop the desserts and feed to myself.

“If you say so.” He retaliates.

After all of us finished, they went back to the living room while I excused myself and went to the kitchen, straight to the fridge and took the ice cream.

‘But we just had our desserts. And he wouldn’t eat ice cream. That’s i!. I’ll just go.’

Placing the ice cream back into the fridge, and closing it. I took a few breaths before braving myself to the living room and sat down with the others. I try hard not to stutter to answer every question they asked me.

‘ this!’ I said to myself before standing up and held out my hands towards Kyungsoo. He looked at me and at our parents before he accept it.

I walked us until we reached the front of the television before turning around and wink at my parents. My umma automatically straightened her sitting and nudged my dad’s elbow who only replied with a grunt.

I looked into Kyungsoo’s pair of eyes. ‘Still full of questions’ My heart says.

Slowly I kneeled down and looked up at him. I could see that he is starting to get nervous. I held out my hand and say “Kyungsoo, it has been a long time we’ve been together. So tonight, I felt it’s a special night and since my love for you is growing everyday, I don’t think I can hold it anymore, so I’m asking you, will you be mine?” I said in one breath.

 

[Kyungsoo POV]

 

He held out his hand out of the sudden. I threw a weird looks towards him and my parents but I decided to accept it. He walked us until we reached in front of the television and turn around facing me. I saw it, when he winked at his parents.

Slowly my nervous feelings and curiosity grows. It shocked me when he slowly kneeled in front of me, while were both are in front of my parents. He reached his hands to me and proposed?

I blinked my eyes a few times before I looked back to my parents and his. I could see his mom were excited while his dad keeps his cool. While my mom is smiling and my dad, you could say he had this very intense look.

I looked back at him and there I saw it. The honesty of the words he had just said. I exhaled before nod and replied with a short “I do.” He stands up and pecked my lips.

I could feel my face starts to burning up, and it is probably went all red right now.

He went to my dad and my dad stands up and hugged him. His mother couldn’t contain her happiness came to me and hugged me saying “Oh my son.”  I couldn’t help but smile at that word.

 

[Jongin POV]

 

He said yes. I can’t believe it. This is really happening. I mentally slap myself to realize that this was real. The guy in front of is Kyungsoo and he said yes to my proposal. I stand up, maybe to quick but I don’t give a damn and give him a peck. Well that’s because since we were still in front of our parents.

I let go of him and went to his dad. Thank god his dad approved us and we hugged. Umma can’t contain her happiness went to Kyungsoo and hugged him.

We sit and chat for a while before Kyungsoo and I excuse ourselves and went to his garden. I could their stares as we walked out of the room.

We sat down next to each other and stay like that for a few moments before were both trying to start a conversation.

“How did you manage to do that in front of my parents?” he asked out of curiosity.

“I didn’t know either. It’s just that lately, I get this feeling that if I don’t do this now I might be regret later.”

“Aren’t you feeling nervous every time you went to my house? That got me amazed actually.” He said in between laughs. Probably remembering the first time I ever went to meet with his parents.

I watched him. I could feel he is really content right now. Oh thank you Lord for giving me Kyungsoo in my life.

We went quiet after the laugh and I grab onto his hand. He tightened the grip of his hand on my hand and put his head on my shoulder and whispered “I love you.”

I smiled and replied “I love you too” and kissed his forehead.

May Lord let our love lasts forever.

 

The End.

 

 


Hi, I'm back. Sorry if it didn't satisfy your expectation but I did. So yeah, sorry for the late update. Been busy for a while. Leave a comment. Till then.. <3

Btw, I love the main image so much. cr:owner