Round 12

Lost in Love

Youngwon stepped in to a luxurious house, it was still the same like the last time he came here. The sofa, the painting on the wall, everything was still the same. He took a deep breath and made his way to the kitchen, only to be welcomed by his mom’s back. She was busy preparing dinner for both of them.

“Eomma.” Youngwon called. He put his luggage down and approached her. He hugged her from behind. “I miss you, eomma.”

Youngwon’s mom turned around and hugged him, his back. She smiled upon seeing how her son had grown up already. She never expected Youngwon to be this handsome, this tall, and this mature. “Oh, dear~ Welcome home!”

Youngwon pulled away and kissed his mom’s cheek. “Eomma is so pretty.”

“Hahaha… You must be kidding, right?”

“Ani. I said the truth, eomma. You are so beautiful tonight.”

“Thanks. Oh God, my dearest son has grown up already, he knows how to praise a woman.” Youngwon’s mom ruffled her son’s hair. “Go to your room and take a bath. We are gonna have dinner in twenty minutes.”

“Umm. Arasseo, mom.” Youngwon pecked his mom’s cheek and ran upstairs. He walked in to his bedroom and threw his body to his bed. He turned his head to the left and smiled weakly upon seeing what was standing on his nightstand. It was a picture of Jikyung and him that was taken on Christmas two years ago.

Jikyung-ah, how are you doing there? Is everything okay? Had you eaten yet? Youngwon thought. He grabbed that picture and slipped it under his pillow. Sadly, I have to say that you will never see the old Youngwon again.

 

///

 

Jikyung sighed and looked at the clock that hanging on the colorful painted wall, it was already passed 9PM. She was at Youngwon’s favorite coffee shop, waiting for Kikwang.

“Why so long eh?” Jikyung talked to herself, taking a sip of her vanilla latte. She looked outside, seeing people walking, laughing, and such. It had been three days since Youngwon left Korea and he had not called her yet. She even started thinking that Youngwon purposely left her. Maybe Hyorim was right, she was just a burdensome for Youngwon. Maybe Hyorim was right, Youngwon wanted to be Jikyung’s friend because he pitied her.

“Sorry for coming late. I have something to do first.” Kikwang suddenly came and sat across Jikyung. He took off his coat, revealing his black v-neck shirt that suited him well.

“Gwaenchana, oppa.” Jikyung forced a smile. Actually, she was bored to death waiting for Kikwang. She hated waiting, and he made her waited for almost two hours. If this was not for something that really important for her, she would not do this.

“So, what’s the thing that you want to talk about?”

“Order your drink first, oppa.”

“I’m not thirsty. Hahaha… Back to the topic. So?”

“It’s about Youngwon.”

Kikwang felt his heart stop beating for a second. “W-- What’s wrong?”

Jikyung looked down, playing with her fingers. She puffed her cheek out and her eyes went teary in a sudden. “Is it right? That Youngwon is gonna continue his study in Germany, is it right?”

Kikwang leaned back on the backrest of the leather sofa he was sitting on and closed his eyes, sighing. He knew this would happen. “Who told you?”

“It doesn’t matter who told me this. I just want to confirm… that--“

“Yes.” Kikwang cut Jikyung off. “Yes, my little brother is gonna continue his study there. He is gonna move there--”

“And leave me here alone.” Jikyung completed Kikwang’s sentence. She tried to smile, but it only made her heart hurt. “That’s good. He has the right to dump me.”

“It’s not like that--“

“It’s okay, oppa. Seriously, it’s okay. I know it’s better for him to continue his study there. The universities in Germany are way better than here, no? Besides, his mom is also there. I think it’s the best choice for him, he better leave me. If he keeps on staying here with me, he may be a bad or lazy boy.”

“Yah Han Jikyung!” Kikwang raised his voice. He clenched his fist on his lap, holding his anger back. He knew very well about the real situation, and it was really different from what Jikyung thought. “It’s not like that. Youngwon--”

“No need to cheer me up, oppa.” Jikyung smiled, but in Kikwang’s eyes it was really a fake smile. “Thanks for your time. I’m leaving now. Bye.”

Kikwang opened his mouth but did not say anything as he saw Jikyung left. He slammed the table in front of him and sighed heavily. He did not know why but it was like there was something hanging in his throat when he talked to Jikyung earlier, something that prohibited him to explain everything.

Jikyung fastened her pace as the warm liquid started rolling down on her cheeks. She did not care where she was heading, she just want to walk away from everyone.

“Miss! W-- Wait! Yah!”

Jikyung heard some steps behind her but she just ignored it, maybe it was only a crazy stranger.

“Miss Han! Wait!”

Jikyung stopped. She heard it very well, that voice called her. She turned around only to see a man wearing a navy blue shirt and black jeans running towards her. He stopped in front of her and bent down, catching his breath up. “Han… Jikyung? You are Han Jikyung, aren’t you?”

Jikyung nodded suspiciously. “Who are you?”

That man straightened his body up, he was taller than Jikyung. “Whoa~ You are so cute. Hahaha… I’m Inati, the owner of the coffee shop you were at earlier.”

“Oh? Did I leave my change there?” Jikyung asked innocently, earning a giggle from the older man.

“Ani. I-- I accidentally heard about… your conversation with Youngwon’s brother--“

“You know Youngwon?”

“Ah? Yes. He is my friend.” Inati shivered as a cold wind blew passed him. He rubbed his hands together and continued talking. “I just want to… umm, maybe straight some things up.”

“Eavesdropper.” Jikyung said sarcastically, adjusting her bag on her back.

“A-- Aniyooooooooo~ Umm, well, I don’t know if you mind this or not but… can we talk privately?”

Jikyung rolled her eyes. “It’s only the two of us now here.”

“In the more appropriate place, I mean.”

“Okay.”

Inati led Jikyung to a park behind his shop and sat on the bench underneath the leafy tree, Jikyung sat on his right. “Youngwon is my bestfriend, He is really a kindhearted boy. He usually looks happy but one day he came to my coffee shop with a sad face and told me about him being ignored by a girl. I can say he looked really depressed at that time. I was really sad seeing him like that. Do you know who is that girl that made him broke down like that?”

“I don’t give a about that. I’m going.”

Just when Jikyung was about to start walking, Inati grabbed her wrist. “Youngwon is really a nice boy. He cares about you very much, Jikyung. He always told me about you whenever he came to my shop. He is proud having you as his bestfriend.”

“He lied.” Jikyung pulled her hand away from Inati’s grip and looked at another direction. “I’m going. Nice talking with you.”

Jikyung could not take it anymore. A single tear dropped down from her eye as she walked away, leaving Inati who kept on sighing every now and then. Why did everyone talk about Youngwon to me today? Jikyung thought as more tears escaped her eyes. She admitted it, she really missed Youngwon. Five days without seeing him was really a torture for her. After realizing that she loved her bestfriend, it only made her missed him more, made her realized how much she needed him. She always spent almost a whole day with him, she shared everything with him.

Meanwhile, in the other part of the world, Youngwon suddenly felt his chest tightened. He was eating when it happened, and he hated it because he did not know why. He put his chopstick down then ran to the living room and grabbed the wireless phone. He was about to call Jikyung in reflex but he quickly stopped what he was doing.

Youngwon let out a soft sigh and placed the phone back on the table. He looked up at the ceiling and put his hand on his chest. The weird feeling was still there.

 

///

 

“Ahjumma?” Jikyung arched her brows, it was rare that her aunt came to her house. Usually, it was her who came to her aunt's house to take her allowance. Jikyung stood up and hugged her aunt tightly. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too, honey.” Jikyung’s ahjumma pulled away but her hands were still on the younger girl’s shoulders. “How are you?”

“I’m pretty good. Are you coming to give me my allowance this month?”

“Of course no. Hahaha… You are so money oriented, honey.”

Jikyung pouted cutely, showing her auntie a fake sad face. “I’m out of money, ahjumma.”

“I didn’t bring money for you today, but…” Jikyung’s auntie handed her niece a chocolate envelope and motioned her to open that. Jikyung tilted her head in confusion but she ended up doing what she was told. She pulled the paper out from the envelope and her eyes widened upon reading what had written there.

This was really the end.

 

 

---------------

Yippiieeeeeeeeeeee~ Glad to know no Hyorim in this chapter. lol xD Anywayyyyyy, I want to thank you all. Thanks for reading, liking, and subscribing this story. It means a lot for me, kkkkk~

LOVE YOU GUYS! <333