Her New Bodyguard

When You Were Sleeping

 

I skip all today’s classes because of Kris. Now I’m a bit sober, and I have to say that what I did previously was embarrassing! I kissed him! I was the one who start it! Aish! I know I like him so damn much, but why I did that?!!
 
“So, this is your hangover phase.” Kris said as he sat beside me and gave me a can of soda. I took it and drank it immediately. “Did you really drunk when we…”
Before he say ‘kiss’ word, I covered his mouth. People stared at us, but I didn’t care. “If all students here know what happened, I’ll murder you for real!” I said in a sharp voice. He nodded innocently and I released my hands from… um… his lips. Aish…
“Yah, why your face looks so gloomy?” he asked me. I shook my head and looked away. Avoid his lips, Yoojin-ah!! Avoid his lips!! 
 
“YAH!!”
 
“LIPS!!!”
I shocked and shouted that word in a loud voice. Aish! “YAH! LEE DONGHAE!!!” I screamed and threw him my soda. He gulped when he realized that his shirt was covered with soda. “MWOYAAA?!!” He yelled at me. I stared at Kris and he laughed so hard. Aish!! Embarrassing!!
“Mianhae…”
Donghae took Kris’ soda and stared at me in a strange way. Ok, I deserve that…
I closed my eyes and tried to not yell at Donghae. “I’m ready…” I said. After some seconds I didn’t feel my body wetted by soda. “Mwo… Kris?”
I opened my eyes and saw Kris was standing right in front of me. I realized that he was so much taller than me. Wait, how I reached his lips??
“I don’t know that you are this tall…” I said. He turned around and smiled at me. “You jumped, and I held your waist.” He said as he winked at me. “Hyeong, let’s go to locker room.” He said as he pulled Donghae away. 
I walked toward my class and saw the other students were preparing to go home. I walked inside and Victoria unnie greeted me with her glare. “Unni, you look so scary!”
“Where have you been?!!” she yelled at me. “Why you didn’t pick up my calls?!” she yelled at me, again. She’ll yell at me again if I told her that I leave my phone in my bag. “My phone? There!” I said as I pointed at my bag. 
“I think Kris made you skip today’s classes.” Amber said as she winked at me. Since when she start agree on my relationship with her brother?
“Siwon came here to meet you, but you are nowhere to find.” Tiffany smiled at me and left the class with Heechul oppa. 
“Whoops! Baekhyun told everyone in class that you were with Kris.” She said. But her face expression changed. “TRAITOR!” She yelled at me and left the class. Ok, I forgot that Kris rejected her years ago. 
I packed my things and rushed to the bus stop. I saw Sooyoung and Changmin there… and Victoria? Wait… 
“Yoojin-ah!” Sooyoung waved her hands at me. What the hell is going on here?
I waved at Sooyoung and approached them. Victoria’s eyes were glazing and Changmin shrugged when I stared at him. “Changmin-ah, you have date with two girls?” I asked him. 
“Ah… that…” he hesitated to answer. He noticed Victoria was glaring at him. “It was a mistake…”
“Changmin and I have to do our project, but since he has date with Victoria-ssi today… he has no choice but take me with him.” Sooyoung explained. 
 
“We’ll join you guys^^”
 
I stunned. Someone suddenly put his hand on my shoulder. Can’t be… 
 
“W, wae?”
 
Sunbae stared at me innocently. I shook my head and grabbed Changmin’s hand. “Kaja!”
However Victoria pulled his other hand and made our situation became awkward. “Ok, then…” I said as I released my hands from his. But then I saw Kris walked towards the bus stop. Aish! This afternoon will be the most annoying afternoon ever! 
Kris stopped his steps. His eyes were set on one figure, Siwon sunbae. He stared at me and I replied it with my grinned teeth. “Ppali!” I waved my hands at him. Sunbae turned around and stared at me. Then he stared at Kris, and stared at me again. Aish… this is awkward…
“One, two… triple date! Joha!” Changmin exclaimed happily. Victoria stared at him and made him quiet again. 
 
Changmin walked between Sooyoung and Victoria, and I walked between two towers. “Changmin!”
Changmin stopped his steps and walked towards me with big smile. “Waeyo, Yoojin-ah?” he asked me. “I’ll walk with the girls, walk between two towers only make me look like a dwarf.”I said as I ran towards Victoria and Sooyoung. “Let’s just ignore the boys.” I said as I pulled them inside a sauna. 
“Should we join them?”I heard Changmin asked them. 
 
Inside the sauna Victoria kept silent, but Sooyoung and I were really noisy. “Unni! Sorry for disturbing your date. Smile please!!” I begged her. She smiled at me for a second before she stared at me with a scowl. “It’s not that I don’t like you disturb my date, I’m tired…” she said as she showed us his phone. “Kyuhyun sunbae keep calling me, and I don’t want Changmin to know about it.”
“He’ll murder him.” Sooyoung and I said altogether. We stared at each other and laughed. “Wait, do you know Kyuhyun sunbae?”
“He was my target.” Sooyoung said. “I made him chase me back, but he’s a persistent guy.”
“How you make him stop chasing you?” Victoria and I asked her altogether. 
“I told him that Changmin is way better than him.” She answered simply. 
Victoria and I stunned. “He chases me because of you.” Victoria narrowed her eyes at Sooyoung. “WHY YOU HAVE TO TELL HIM THAT MY BOYFRIEND IS BETTER THAN HIM THOU I AGREE WITH THAT?!” She screamed at Sooyoung. 
“I don’t know that he has girlfriend in Neul Paran!” Sooyoung explained. “But relax; I’ll make him chase me back.”
“Promise?” Victoria asked her with killer eyes in her eyes. 
“I’ll try…” she sighed and covered her face with towel. 
 
I trapped between two guys that compete to win my sister. As her super handsome brother, I think I couldn’t take this silence any longer. “So, has she decided?”
 
“YES!”
“NO!”
 
They answered differently and stared at each other as if they were in a battlefield. 
 
“Ok, I don’t need you guys to respond, since I’m going to tell you few things about her.” I said. He took a deep breath before he starts. “Even though we’re not blood related sibling, I know what she needs now. She actually doesn’t need boyfriend now. I know that she likes you guys, and like one of you more, but since things at home are not really good, please just stay beside her as her friends.” I explained. But they shook their head. 
“Right now, I’m thinking about to be her bodyguard. I do like her, but I feel like I want to protect her. This feeling suddenly become like this.” Siwon explained. I stunned when I heard his words. God! I finally have a bodyguard for Yoojin in Neul Paran!! “Hyeong! Thanks! Now I can count on you!” I said as I shook his hands. “Now, Kris… will you do that for my sister?”
“She chose me.” He said without hesitation. “I’ve just found that your sister loves to surprise people.”
“You know that she has a lot of surprises?” I asked him. He nodded. “WHAT SHE DID?!”
“Saying ‘I like you most’,” 
He smirked as if he already signed a contact with LA Lakers. Dude! She really told him she likes him?!!
I stared at Siwon hyung, and he kept shaking his head like my sister did something wrong. “I cannot trust you.” He said. “Well, I can trust you until next year, but when you get your basketball scholarship in the US, you’ll leave her.”
Kris looked down. He seemed understand with Siwon hyung’s reason. “That’s why I decide to not have boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with her. It will be hard on her.” Kris explained. 
“Can’t you stay?” I asked him silly question. Ok, I heard that he’s a basketball prodigy and I know that he will choose his dream over Yoojin. 
He shook his head slowly. “I’ve promised my late father that I’ll be a basketball player. I cannot stay though I want to.” 
-----------------------