Chapter 6.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

Kyungsoo normally doesn’t get angry - there was once where Sehun made Luhan cried but it was sorted out in the end - however the anger he had right now was indiscernible. It was like he wanted to punch something. He usually was a calm guy, the one ending the arguments and settling the problems.

“That bastard, how dare he make fun of Jongin?” Kyungsoo muttered, rushing out to find Luhan staring at him with curiosity; shoving Jongin’s phone to Luhan’s face, Kyungsoo dashed out the wide opened door, discovering that Seoul was raining. Heavily.

“.” Another curse left Kyungsoo as he hurriedly got his umbrella out before walking along the streets of Seoul to find a certain tanned boy. The cars and trucks honked whilst the people shoved each other, their umbrellas clashing together onto Kyungsoo however the latter didn’t cared. He was set to find Jongin, not complained to the mere humans he didn’t give a about.

He went to the drizzled park where it was barren; there wasn’t a soul in sight and Kyungsoo would have easily spotted Jongin if the younger was here due to how deserted the area looked. He searched the place before setting out to the university, cursing when he remembered the university was closed today.

“Jongin, where are you?” Kyungsoo muttered to himself walking away from the sight and heading off to another place where he thought Jongin would be. It was deserted as expected and the only sighs of life were the birds that were perched on the trees.

He began to search amongst the places he could saw Jongin go; the mall, the music shop and even the hill where Jongin said he went one day.

But Kyungsoo couldn’t find anything, nothing was there and nor was Jongin.

He tried to think of a place he would go if someone made him upset; somewhere quiet, peaceful, where no one could disturb you…

“Why didn’t I ing thought of that?” Kyungsoo widened his eyes as realization drawn to him and out he ran as fast as he can to a little warm place called the Seoul library.

Kyungsoo gasped out of breath as the small sight came to view; he swore this was his last place before he would go home and call everyone he knew to find Jongin, even Joonmyeon.

“Please Jongin, be here.” Kyungsoo prayed, slipping in the silent room and observing the place. He began to walk shelf by shelf till he came to the corner where he would go when he was young and when he was angry at his parents and somehow…Jongin knew this place too because there in the nearby seat sat the tall boy, his face distorted with anger and glaring at the white wall.

“Jongin-ah?” Jongin looked up widening his eyes when he saw his hyung there.

“Kyungsoo hyung?” Jongin repeated the question back, patting the seat beside him where Kyungsoo made himself comfortable.

“What are you doing here?”

“If you didn’t notice, Luhan kind of kick me out when we... oh! How’s your hand?” Jongin exclaimed, examining the bandage that wrapped around Kyungsoo’s small hand.

“It’s fine.” Kyungsoo assured, smiling at the latter who looked relieved. “Sorry if it looked like I was eavesdropping but your phone gave a text…”

“Oh. I guess you seen the messages…” Jongin trailed off, down casting his eyes, avoiding Kyungsoo.

“Yeah and you know it reminds me of something.” Kyungsoo started off relaxing into his seat and looking at the window which was grey with the rain pouring and cloud covering the sun up.

“What?”

“When I was young, like about eight or seven, my older brother was fifteen then. He wanted to become a singer, you know like those groups; SNSD, Big Bang that sings for Korea. His voice was godly too; it was a perfect choice overall.” Kyungsoo said with a faraway look, travelling back to his past.

“So what happen?”

“My parents didn’t approve, they wanted him to become something political; they even threatened to disown him because of his choice but do you know what he did?”

Jongin shook his head, eyes gleaming with anticipation.

“He went on, they disowned him but still he carried on; he was even on the streets for a week till a company found him. There, without any help, he began to carry his dream out. No matter how many times my parents jeered him, the other trainees jeered him, he still carried on.”

“Wow.” Jongin uttered in amazement, how he wish he could have been strong like him. It made him feel pathetic that he got dishearten just because of his parents.

“Do you know who he is?”

“Who is he?”

“The top singer, Yesung.” Kyungsoo whispered, admiring how the name sounded perfect.

“Yesung? You mean Kim Jongwoon?” Jongin said in surprise. That singer was one of Korea’s best singer. With his angel voice, he melted his way into his fan’s heart.

“He changed it to Kim after my parents disowned him. When they found out, they apologized and begged for forgiveness however my brother never forgave them. The only way my parents could repay him was to treat me differently which they did. They would have never let me become a chef; a doctor or a lawyer would have been their dream jobs.”

“Good for him but does he even knows you?”

“I don’t know but you know what? I am fine with that because it means he doesn’t have to look back at his terrible past. Somehow I am glad that happened, that he lived on the street, that my parents disowned him because he wouldn’t be there standing on stage and I wouldn’t be here, doing what I love; cooking.”

“Thank you… hyung.” Jongin smiled hugging Kyungsoo who blinked in surprised blushing at the intimate act. Kyungsoo doesn’t really opt for hugs or intimacies since his friends all have their respective partners.

“What I am trying to say is, don’t let other dishearten you. You create yourself and your life; don’t let other created it for you.”

“I will take those words and I will work harder to become the best dancer!” Jongin fist pumped the air, smiling for the first time since the fight.

“That’s my dongsaeng!” Kyungsoo cheered, unaware how loud they sounded in the library. The librarian who heard everything decided to let them off this once, grinning at the two unbeknownst to them.

“They would make a cute couple.” She whispered, leaving the two on their own.

“You know what else would cheer me up?” Jongin questioned, eyes brought to crescent moons.

“What?”

“Ice cream.”

“You greedy .” Kyungsoo mumbled, smiling as he dragged Jongin out the library and into the busy streets of Seoul.

“Look! There is an ice cream shop!” Jongin shouted in happiness and it made Kyungsoo wondered how this five year old boy turned into a discouraged dancer moments ago. He followed the latter hoping into the aromatic room where different flavour of ice cream greeted them. Literally.

“Hello! Which flavour do you want? Lime or Chocolate? Blueberry or Lychee?” The ice cream model spoke in a loud voice making Kyungsoo jumped, clutching Jongin’s arm out of reflex.

“, that scared me.” Kyungsoo hissed, detaching himself and blushing at what he just did.

“Silly hyung.”

“You try standing there where that ing voice rings in your ears like a bell at a church.” Kyungsoo retorted huffing in anger.

“Whatever you say hyung.” Jongin teased, laughing when Kyungsoo continued to muttered incoherent words. His laughter however made Kyungsoo smiled; he like it when Jongin wasn’t depressed, this happy self was something he would want from Jongin.

“What flavour do you want hyung? My treat.” He glanced at Jongin who had now reached the counter, his eyes looking at Kyungsoo.

“No, no, no. I have a job, you are a student. I should therefore pay.” Kyungsoo instructed pushing Jongin out the way.

“What flavour do you want, Jongin-ah?” Jongin seemed reluctant but he gave in, saying the flavours to Kyungsoo.

“Chocolate and Strawberry.”

“One chocolate and strawberry ice cream and one hazelnut vanilla ice cream please.” Kyungsoo asked, sending the money and waiting for the ice cream to arrive. He headed back with two ice creams in his hands settling one in front of Jongin and digging in.

“This is so delicious!” Jongin complimented, eyes closing in heaven, savouring the taste.

“Stop being so dramatic and eat your ice cream.” Kyungsoo deadpanned shoving his ice cream down his mouth scoop by scoop.

“How do you not get a brain freeze?” Jongin asked in watching his hyung finishing in a matter of second; Kyungsoo’s cup held nothing but a spoon whilst his was still half full.

“Mentality power.” Kyungsoo answered, eyes crinkling in laughter when Jongin howled at the brain freeze he got.

“Stupid!” Jongin scolded, finishing his ice cream bit by bit.

“I’d hope to see you dancing one day, Jongin-ah.” Kyungsoo spoke off-topic, not missing the spark that flew in Jongin’s eyes.

“You want to see my dance?”

“Yep, Tao said you were brilliant at dancing so I want to see how well you can dance.”

“We have a competition this Saturday and if you want to; you can come!” Jongin gleed, jumping with hyper before a thought stuck to him.

“What am I going to say to Sehun when we get back home?” Jongin sighed, regretting the fact he fought with one of his closest friends.

“Just apologize and tell him the truth, he is a good guy. He will understand.” Kyungsoo advice, Sehun may be the annoying maknae that can piss you off but he still is a loyal friend at the end. That was one thing Kyungsoo was sure of.

“You think he will forgive me?”

“Hell yeah.”

Jongin nodded in appreciation, finishing the last of his ice cream, patting his tummy over the heavenly food they had.

“You want to go home?” Kyungsoo asked at Jongin who nodded somehow worried over how he and Sehun would react with each other. They rarely had huge fights and this was definitely the worse. Jongin knew it was partly his fault which made him more nervous.

He never really was good with words.

“Let’s go!” Kyungsoo exclaimed walking out the store and smiling even more when the sun started to shine through.

“Maybe you are right; ice cream does make it better!”

“Hi sweetcheeks.”

Or maybe not.

 


 

{♥ --Author's Note}

Sorry for not updating for nearly two weeks~ I was quite busy and I was writing bit by bit! =D

Please support this story by clicking the arrow at the foreword, I'll love you forever! >.<

Lay is going to be featuring for a brief moment in any of the next three chapters, can you find out when? kekeke~

He will be fully introduced later on don't worry! 

Subscribe and Comment please! <3