Huh.

Us.

The casual hand-holding.

The little pecks.

The long hugs.

The soft, sweet nothings we whisper.

Everything.

It's all normal to us. It may look suspicious to some, but to us, they're just things bestfriends do to each other.

 

There are strings attached to every action we make. Many strings. Friendship strings, maybe? Hmm.

 

I love you. You're my bestfriend. There is no denying that I can't live without you.

 

You're mine, I'm yours. We own each other's hearts. That's a promise we made ever since we were 12.

 

[Flashback]

 

We were in front of our favorite lake, sitting in comfortable silence. The blowing wind was the only thing audible.

 

"Sooyoung-ah", you suddenly called out. I gave you a hum in response.

 

"Look at me."

 

I turned to see your serious expression and returned it with a confused one.

 

"What's the matter, Sica-yah?", I ask.

 

"I want you to promise me something."

 

"Anything for you", I showed you a smile.

 

"You love me, right?"

 

"Of course I do," I reply.

 

"That means I own your heart. And I love you, so that means, I own YOUR heart."

 

"Okay. What about that?"

 

"I want you to promise to take care of my heart as I promise to take care of yours. Will you promise that?"

 

You still had your serious look on but now your eyes showed anticipation, anxiety. I was still wondering why she asked such peculiar thing from me, but nonetheless, I still made the promise.

 

"You didn't even have to ask, Sica. I'll take care of you and your heart with all that I can."

 

You gave me a tight hug and I reciprocated it with all the love I wanted to express at that moment.

 

You broke away and I suddenly missed your warmth, but you made up for it when you caressed my cheeks and pulled me down slightly for a kiss. It was not passionate, but I could feel the sincerity she put into it.

 

"I love you, Sooyoung-ah", you said. Our foreheads still attached, eyes locked into each other.

 

"I love you too."

[End of flashback]

 

That was almost 11 years ago and we have successfully kept our promises to each other. Well, I did. I'm not sure if you still remeber that moment or if everything you said was real, but I will still try not to break our vows. I hope you won't as well.

 

 


 

A/N: How's that for a first chapter? :)) I'll try to update as much as I can, but for now, how was it? Haha. Comment and subscribe if you like it, okay? :D