Chapter 1

Let's just pretend nothing happened.

 

 

Eunji sighed as her phone rang for the nth time. A text came and she took a look at her phone.

 

“Jay baby <333” It wrote on the screen. She stared at the screen of her phone before finally deciding to look at the text.

 

“Hey babygirl, I’m waiting at the airport for you. Your flight have reached but I can’t see you anymore. Where are you? I’m near the telephone booths. Can you come over now? I missed you so much. Can’t wait to see you. I love you.”

 

“Love?” Eunji scoffed. She locked her phone and can’t help it but looked at her lock screen photo. It was a picture of her and Jay. She would usually smiled at her dorkiness of her and her boyfriend but now it’s just hatred towards him.

 

She unlocked the phone and searched for a picture to change her lockscreen into. She began to feel tears falling down from her eyes as she scrolled through her pictures. A lot of them were pictures of her boyfriend and her. Or her and her best friend, or ex best friend. She finally found a picture of her and Donghae doing silly faces to the camera. She smiled a little, setting it as her lock screen picture.

 

Donghae is Eunji’s best guy friend. He really understands her and will always have time for her no matter what happens.

 

Another text message came and she took a look at it. It was from Jay again.

 

“Baby, where are you? Are you here yet? I can’t seem to see you around. I missed you so badly. Stop playing with me already.”

 

*Who’s the one playing with who?* She thought in her mind before giving him a call.

 

“Eunji.” Jay’s voice filled with excitement and happiness as he picked up the call.

 

“Hey.” Eunji replied, trying to sound as happy as she could.

 

“Where are you? I’m at the airport already. I can’t seem to find you anywhere. And why didn’t you picked up my calls or reply any of my messages earlier on?”

 

“Oh. I changed my flight so I reached earlier and I was taking a shower earlier. Sorry.”

 

“Taking a shower? At where? My house?”

 

“Nope. I’m at my hotel. I’ll be heading to your house in a bit. Sorry for making you wait. Go home first alright?”

 

“I thought you were staying with me. Why bother booking a hotel? You have my keys right?”

 

“Yup. I just don’t want to bother you, that’s all.” 

 

 

“Why would you bother me? Not at all babe.”

 

“Just, it’s alright. Really. I’ve already booked it so it’s alright. I need to dry my hair so I’ll see you later. Bye.”