Free Falling

Mon Amour

 

Recommended songs: 
Missing you like crazy - Taeyeon
Exit Wounds - The Script
 
 
-----
 
Chapter one.
Free falling.
 
 
It hadn't been long but Jang Wooyoung had certainly felt eternity slipped pass him as he wandered aimlessly among fluttering streetlights. His eyes faltered onto every nooks and crannies, searching for God-knows-what. What started out as a walk in the park four years ago had now become a lonely routine in which he embarks on every night by himself. It had always started as a simple walk to relieve him of the stressful days in the office. He had always found these walks calming, but by the time he had decided to stop walking and re-evalutated his surroundings, it appears that these walks would always lead him to the most impractical places. 
 
There was once, when he subconsciously walked into an apartment, unbeknownst to him that it was actually someone else's household, or the time when he had wandered aimlessly into an abandoned warehouse, to which he regained his awarness only after being spooked out by the dripping of wet, red liquid beneath his sandals.
 
Perhaps it was the tranquility of it all that appealed to him. It's as if someone had casted a spell on him--at least, that's what he'd like to think. Of course, he'd always known these walks were made for him to take his mind off of things, or people.
 
Brrr. Brrrrr. Brrrrrrrr.
 
A loud ringing from his pockets snapped Wooyoung out of his trance as he retrieve the phone from inside his pocket. 
 
"Hello?" He answered nonchalantly. 
 
"Hey man, where have you been? We're all waiting for you!" a voice boomed from the other end of the line. Wooyoung hadn't managed to muster up a reply before being bombarded by series of questions. "You didn't forget about the party, did you? Cause oh God, if you did, you'd be in big trouble. But it's okay, I'll cover for you. Just head over soon okay? And how long do you think it'll take cause I can only pretend to be interested in her mindless talks for so long. You know how the boss is." 
 
Slightly chuckling, Wooyoung said, "Thanks, I owe you one. I'll be there in twenty." 
 
All of these time spent mindlessly walking around had him lose track of the time, although truthfully, he was never one for parties, especially ones that involved his boss's wild soirees. And he had always found reasons to skip them, except, skipping this was certainly not an option. He had never cared so much about the gossips that had spread around the office, as they always seems to be ridiculously altered by each person. It's always the same story with much exaggeration spread by his colleagues.
 
One time, however, he had caught wind of an escalating rumor about a new trainee in the company. She wasn't just a mere trainee however, she was the boss's niece and rumors have it that she had the most breathtaking voice and a gorgeous face to match. He had caught a glimpse of her once, and no doubt, she was a pretty little songbird. And this extravagant soiree was thrown in her favors, celebrating her upcoming debut. 
 
In truth, he had never been interested in the new trainees in the company, but he had caught glimpse of her some time ago and it did piqued his interest, in a way.
 
---
Ding-dong.
 
After minutes of contemplating his friend's fate, Wooyoung had decided to enter the estate. Really, he wouldn't mind leaving Junho to face the wrath of their boss's drunken tendencies but he'd prefer to not look forward to the constant rambling he would have to face on monday when he came back to work. 
 
Plus, these parties are always a shoo-in for incredible food and he wouldn't mind himself some fancy delicacies. 
 
"Well well well, look who's finally here!" a drunken woman--who he believes to be his boss--arrived at the doorstep, mocking his tardiness. 
 
"Sorry, Ji soo, I had traffic." He flashed a faux apologetic smile, "Nice party by the way."
 
Before she had managed to gather a reply, he had slipped pass her quickly, not wanting to chat with the drunken woman in fear of being shredded to pieces by her endless ramblings.
 
---
After a long hour of mingling around, he had retired himself in a closed off music room. His first choice was a library because who really goes to the library during a party? Unfortunately for him, some very corrupt party-goers believed that literature's sanctuary was the perfect place to make beautiful, passionate love. 
 
So, 
 
he opted for the next best thing; a music room on the second floor. 
 
The room was nothing more than a simple white room; furnished with a simple crystalized chandelier, portraits of famous musicians, a shelve full of records, different sets of instruments, and a beautiful white piano sitting in the middle of the room to serve as the center piece. 
 
This room would have been the perfect place to pass time, if not for the traunmatizing memories it brought. Memories that was once genuine and incipient, innocent and untainted. Memories in which he once believed was his life. But that was before the inevitable truth which dismantled every chance of happiness he ever had. 
 
"I just need to hear you say it, Taeyeon. Just once. From the bottom of your heart." 
 
"I-I can't." 
 
His stomach churns at the thought of her and the ground began to tremble uncontrollably, as if the memories had brought back the hazy years he spent without her. His composure had disheveled into a complete and utter mess. And so, he quickly swung himself around and started for the door, only to be stopped by an unfamiliar figure in the pathway.
 
"A-Are you okay?" The tiny figure asked, completely confused. 
 
"F-Fine." He answered, swaying back and forth in an attempt to hide his distress. The beads of sweat on his face, combined with the bewildered look he had on must have given everything away, as the girl continued to question his well being endlessly. "I said I'm fine!" 
 
The change in his tone surprised her a bit, as she took a step back in an attempt to give the man some space to breathe. 
 
"I-I'm sorry, really. I didn't mean to agitate you any further. You just looked like something was troubling you and I wanted to help." She stuttered as she lowered her head in shame. 
 
He felt genuinely apologetic to the stranger, knowing that her intentions weren't harmful and he had frightened her to shame.
 
"No, I'm really sorry. I must have ate something bad, I didn't mean to scare you, my apologies. Please excuse me." 
 
Before the girl had a chance to reply, he had excused himself from her presence and entered another empty room. Really, he felt terrible scaring the poor girl like that, but the memories were just too vivid and he would rather kill himself than to paint himself pictures of the horrid past. 
 
Hands covering his face, Wooyoung sunk down onto the floor of the unfamiliar room (which he later realizes was an empty guest room). He had really lost it tonight; four years of forcing himself to forget about her--and he had done a wonderful job, honestly--only to have those dreadful memories come back in an instant. Because of her, he had forced himself into an aloof idiot that can't seem to find a single care in the world for anything anymore. She had ed him up so badly that he refuses to find interest in anything anymore, even the things he onced loved. That's the kind of woman that she is, someone who toys with others' emotions, someone who made him fall so madly in love and then broke his heart in the cruelest way. 
 
But he loved her so. He loved every bit of her. It was the first time he had fallen in love so desperately. And he had given everything up to be with her. He had dropped out of the college for her. He had been disowned by his parents for her. Everything was, essentially, for her.
 
But who was he to blame. She made it clear before, that she never loved him, but still, he came at her with full force. He wanted her to the point of desperation and then he had her. She had agreed to become his girl friend. But their definitions of love were drastically different, and in the end, he suffered. 
 
His head was starting to throb by now as the thoughts of her piled onto one another in his head. He wonders why he loves her so. He wonders why after all these years, that the mere thought of her can still manage to tear his heart into pieces. 
 
 
♫I love you, I love you - where are you? The person I long for, who is deeply stuck in my heart ♫♫
 
In the wee hours of the night, when the flamboyant music and the loud chatters starts to die out, a faint melody begins to play ever so meticulously. A familar melody, which had embedded itself into his heart and mind many years ago, a melody which he holds dear to his heart; it was, without a doubt, the song he wrote many years ago.. for her, for them. 
 
It was their song. 
 
It was a song he wrote on their first anniversary. 
 
It was a song for the woman he had loved to the moon and back,
 
It was, unregrettably,
 
 
for Kim Taeyeon.
 
-----
A/N: Hohohohoh, it's the first chapter! Thank you to those who subscribed despite the horrific foreword/description. And after reading this, I hope you guys realize that I actually made Mon Amour the official sequel to my oneshot Amost There. The decision was very well thought out and---nah, just kidding. I decided it on impulse (just like how this story started out of impulse). I'm really glad because the original plot of this story was a bit too similar to what would be the sequel to Almost There so I came up with the genius idea of making Mon Amour the sequel :D HURRRRAH. Anyways, please excuse the messy writing, some time in the future, I would probably fix it but for now, I'm just gonna leave it like this. And I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of the story. I promise it'll get better lol. 
 
Btw, I would really appreciate it if you guys can leave me comments so I know people are actually reading this lol It'll make me happier :3 ANNND, if you haven't read Almost There yet, go ahead and read it because it is the prequel to this story. It would probably provide you more details about their past. But it certainly isn't required for you to read it. Anyway, thank you so much again for reading and sorry I have such long A/N T.T