11

A Chosen Fate

 

Sunday, 18th May 2010

Back in Seoul

The three KRY members who had stayed for a longer period of time in Singapore for their concert finally landed back in Korea. For no reason, all three of them were extremely relieved. The past week had been extremely awkward for Kyuhyun and Yesung. And Ryeowook, as the other KRY member, had tried his best to brighten up their mood, yet all his attempts were futile. And he was finally relieved that there will at least be other members to help distract both of them since they are back in Korea, with a dormitory full of fifteen boys.

*

Yesung yawned and walked out of his room, still slightly tired from the jet lag. In his not-so-conscious state, he bumped into someone outside his room. He looked up and immediately stumbled back.

“U-Uh hi.” Yesung greets unsurely.

“Hi hyung.” Kyuhyun replies with formalities. It had already been like this ever since Victoria’s announcement in Singapore.

“Going for a schedule?” Yesung asks, not quite sure of what else to say.

“Yeah. Star Golden Bell.”

“Oh. I heard f(x) is going to be there too. Have fun with Victoria.” Yesung says and walked off. Kyuhyun could only stare at the retreating figure, tears threatening to fall. ‘You don’t know how much I hate Victoria, Yesung…’, He thought. Wiping away the single tear that rolled down his cheeks, he turned and walked in the opposite direction of Yesung. It was for the best of Yesung.

Little did Kyuhyun know that Yesung was so heartbroken. He didn’t have any schedules for the day and he just locked himself up in the Pet room and tried talking to his turtles. However, the turtles couldn’t reply and it made him more moody and upset.

“Hyung! Hyung! Are you in there? Yesung hyung? Why did you lock the door?!” Ryeowook tried to open the door but to no avail.

“Leave me alone.” Yesung sighs and shouted back.

“H-Hyung-”

“Leave me alone!” This time, Ryeowook could hear that he was really angry since Yesung snapped at him. He sighs dejectedly.

“Alright.” And Yesung was greeted with silence once again.

He didn’t know why, but he never felt so lonely before.

*

“Hey Kyu oppa!” Victoria greets cheerfully when she saw Kyuhyun arrive backstage for Star Golden Bell.

“Hey.” Kyuhyun replied flatly, not bothering to look at her.

“Oppa.” Victoria called out, this time seriously.

“Yes?” Kyuhyun asked boredly as he fiddled with his phone.

“I will declare the news of us being a couple during the show! I am sooooo excited!” Victoria squeals while Kyuhyun almost dropped his phone.

“W-What?” Kyuhyun asks in disbelief.

“I just told-”

“Victoria, your health check-up reports are here.” Victoria’s manager interrupted.

“Oh thank you.” Victoria replies simply and turns back to face Kyuhyun who was looking at her, dead serious.

“You. Better. Not. Do. That.” He snarled and stalked off. Victoria simply scoffs.

“Does he really think I will listen to him?” Victoria smirked and mutters under her breath. She then holds up the health check-up report and flips through the places.

Thump! And the report dropped to the floor, while Victoria’s mouth was wide agape.

*

Kyuhyun sighs in relief when the recording was over. Victoria didn’t say anything about them after all. However, she wasn’t acting quite normally, which Kyuhyun found weird. Even so, he didn’t care much and just shrugged it off and went back to the dorm. Victoria stepped out from the shadows and watched Kyuhyun disappear into the van.

“This could be the last time I see you.” Victoria smiles bittersweetly.

“Unnie! What are you doing there? Aren’t you coming with us for our schedule?” Luna calls from their own van.

“I’m coming!” Victoria responds and cast one last glance towards Kyuhyun.

*

Monday, 19th May, 2010

“Kyuhyun! You have mail! And where’s Yesung? I didn’t see him anywhere.” Leeteuk asks curiously as he hands Kyuhyun his mail.

“I don’t know.” Kyuhyun calmly responded and went back to his room.

“What’s wrong with him? He seems so down.” Leeteuk asks.

“Dunno. Broken up with Vic?” Heechul suggested.

“No way. They were still fine yesterday at Star Golden Bell. Victoria was talking to him cheerfully.”

‘Suits you.”

*

Dear Kyuhyun oppa,

I know it is really surprising for you to receive a letter like this from me. Don’t worry, this time, I won’t make you do absurd things. I am really grateful that you had put up with me during this whole week ever since I had told your band mates about our so-called ‘relationship’. Really. I am glad that you didn’t tell anyone about our deal. However, I also know that your heart will always still be with Yesung oppa. You will never be able to see me like the way you see him. I knew. I always knew. But somehow, I didn’t tell you because I was selfish. I didn’t want you to be with someone else other than me…

However, something that recently happened to me made me realize something important. Happiness isn’t just about oneself. It is about everyone and the people you love. And I want you to be happy too. I don’t want you to put on a fake pretense and act lovey-dovey with me just for the sake of our deal. I want you to be truly happy, be with the person you love and live your life to the fullest. So, oppa, I am letting go off you. Go. Go after Yesung oppa, be with him and stay happy. Don’t lie anymore.

About the gay couples in your group, I know them all. Minwook, Kangteuk, Sibum and all the other couples, I know them all. I noticed it when they always paired up wherever they went. But I won’t reveal anything to the media. I promise. I will not tell them anything. So be rest assured and go after Yesung oppa. I know you must be wondering why I wrote a letter like this. Maybe you will even take this as a joke, but I am really being serious here.

I, Victoria Song, hereby announce that I am breaking up with you, Cho Kyuhyun.

And as for why I wrote this, I can’t tell. You will know the reason very soon. Thank you for reading this letter.

Yours truly,

Victoria.

Kyuhyun stared at the letter in disbelief. What was wrong with Victoria that she had to send such a letter over? He was thoroughly confused and he had never been so confused in his entire life before. He picks up his cell phone and dialed Victoria’s number.

*BEEP. The number you are calling is currently unavailable. Please try again later.* Kyuhyun sighs and was about to read the letter again when Yesung burst into his room. Kyuhyun glances up at him with a questioning look.

“Victoria! She left! Go get her back! She left because she has cancer! Go! She just took the cab to the airport!” Yesung shrieked hurriedly. Kyuhyun’s confused expression was replaced with that of a shocked one.

“C-Cancer?”

“Yes! Go get her back!” Yesung shouts and Kyuhyun immediately grabbed his phone and ran out of the dorm.

Flashback

“Why did you want me to meet with you, Victoria? Aren’t you supposed to meet with Kyuhyun?” Yesung asks coldly as he settles down on the metal chair in the small little café.

“I’m leaving. Please take good care of Kyuhyun oppa.”

“L-Leaving?” Yesung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“Yes. I am going to the States.”

“States? What for?”

“I can’t tell you. But I know that you love Kyuhyun oppa very much, so please take care of him when I am gone. Be with him.”

“B-But-”

“I am sorry but I need to leave already. I have a flight to catch.” Victoria stood up abruptly and left. Yesung was still very confused. He stares at the seat that Victoria had previously occupied and spots a little black folder. Curious, he bents over and picks it up, the contents in it dropping out. He leaned down and tried to retrieve the papers, but one paper caught his attention.

 

Name: Victoria Song/ Song Qian

Hospital: Seoul General Hospital

Dear Ms Song,

Your health check-up results are out and we are very sorry to inform you that your health isn’t in a very good condition. Through our thorough checks, we have confirmed that you had gotten cancer and the most you can live is for a year. We advise you to seek treatment as soon as possible. It will be the best option so that you wouldn’t let your condition worsen any further. We have attached some possible suggestions of hospitals you can go for treatment at the back of this letter. Feel free to look through them and consult the hospitals if you have any questions. The full detailed health check-up results could be found on the other side of this paper.

Yours sincerely,

Dr. Han Min Dong, Director of Seoul General Hospital

Yesung gasped in surprise and turned to another page. It was full of hospital names, but only one was marked out by a pen in red.

University Hospital Of Brooklyn; Brooklyn

His eyes widened. States. Hospital.Cancer. He had to inform Kyuhyun. He stood up suddenly and placed a wad of bills on the counter that was more than enough to pay for the bill and rushed out, the papers in his hands. He hailed a cab hurriedly and headed back to the dorm. he tried calling Kyuhyun but the line was busy, which was how he ended up barging into Kyuhyun’s room.

*

Kyuhyun scanned the crowded airport for Victoria. No sign. He lowered his head carefully and started looking around again. He couldn’t afford to be recognised. Suddenly, a familiar figure caught his attention and he immediately rushed over.

“Victoria!” He shouts when she was within hearing distance. Hearing the shout, Victoria turns around in surprise.

“K-Kyuhyun?”


 

A/N

Suspense!!!! ^^ I’m really sorry for this long wait….! I was held up by many things like camp, open house (by school), subject combination results and so on.. L Anyways, I am leaving you guys here until I update. :D Thank you for subscribing to this story and I really thank you for you for your support. Do comment!!!~ (Comments make me update faster~) Anyways, I didn’t edit this chappie yet so don’t blame me for errors here and there!~

Bye!!!

Oh, and don't bash Victoria please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.< She's my bias in f(x)... :(