At12, they go on their first adventure

Him & Her

At age 12, they go on their first adventure


“I hate my life,” she wails stomping her feet. “My mom won’t let me join your dance academy! Who cares if it’s only for boys!”

“I hate my life more,” he replies looking equally gloomy. “My noona gets a karaoke machine and a bike but I don’t get anything. Our parents are so unfair.” 

“Yea, so so unfair!” she agrees.

They sit side by side, pacified a little by the thought that at least there was someone else who understood their pain.

She lets out a long sigh swinging her legs, “I wish we could just run away from our mean parents.”

There is a beat of silence and then they both turn towards each other, eyes sparkling.

“We can just...” he starts.

“..run away together!” she completes his thought.

They shake hands, sign and copy and make plans for their getaway.

Pooling their allowances together, they have 34500 won – enough to get them to Seoul and the place where dreams are made of – Lotte World.





They meet at their designated spot, ten minutes away from their homes at exactly 2 pm the next day – a Saturday.

“Yah you’re taking all that?” he asks gawking at her Hello Kitty suitcase, teddy bear, cardboard cut-out of Brian Joo from Fly to the Sky and the multiple hair accessories on her head.

“I can’t sleep without Mr. Teddy and Brian is my husband, I can't leave him behind!" she answers matter-of-factly. "But I guess I can leave these if you want.” she gestures towards the presents he had given her.

"No, don't!" He adjusts the straps on his small single backpack, “But I’m not helping you carry your stuff!”   

“I didn’t ask for your help anyway,” she retorts and starts speed walking ahead of him.

“Yah! We have to go together,” he sprints to catch up to her.



By 3 o’clock they are on the bus to Seoul. It’s an hour and a half long ride and by the end of it, they are both fast asleep, heads resting on each other’s. 



“Ohmygosh! Lee Hyukjae! Wake up!” she is beating his arm. 

“Ouch! Mom, are you possessed or something today?” he complains still drowsy.

“Yah! I’m not your mother. Get up! Our stop’s next!” she commands and he hastily slaps himself awake.

They get a lot of looks from fellow passengers – some suspicious, others adoring ones- as they shuffle past.



Finally at 3:30, they are standing in front of the Lotte World gates.

“Assa! Let’s go play!” he yells and takes off running. About 2 minutes later he turns around and sees her far behind, struggling with her countless things. 

With a sigh, he jogs back and after careful consideration picks up her Hello Kitty suitcase. It was the least girly of the three. With his free hand, he takes hold of hers and starts walking.

“Mianhae Hyukjae ah,” she says softly.

He can’t bear to see her unhappy, “It’s ok! Let’s just have fun!”



Three hours later, they’ve been on every single ride in the park – some even twice and their throats are hoarse and dry from screaming.

“Let’s get a drink,” she suggests.

He agrees immediately, “and food.”

Their stomachs duly satisfied, they decide to go to the haunted house.

He hides behind her the entire time and she can’t help laughing at his white face as they exit.

While resting on a park bench, they take pictures on their cell phones and send it to their friends, cheekily writing, 
You wish you were having fun like us, right? mehrong :P

At night, they watch a concert in the park and she turns to look at him, silently saying “Best day ever!” He nods his head, “The best!”




Eventually, it’s time for Lotte World to close. 

“Hey! What are we going to do now?” she asks.

“I guess we can go get some dinner? How much money do we have?” 

She checks her pocket, and then the other one, then her suitcase, “Oh my god! No way no way!”

“What’s wrong?”

She chews on her lower lip and says in a small voice, “I.. We.. Our money. I..I it’s gone.”

“What?” his eyes almost bulge out of their sockets.

“I think it fell out of my pocket!” she says helplessly and he starts yelling. “Yah! I told you to just let me carry it, didn’t I?” 

“Well, it probably got dropped when you were clinging to me in that haunted house, scaredy cat,” she yells back, angry and shocked that he is shouting at her.

“It’s your fault so figure out what to do,” he huffs off.

“My fault only?” she glares at his retreating back and storms off in the opposite direction.



A half hour later, they are both back to their original spot, calmer.

“I called my parents,” they both say at the same time.

“I told them it was all my plan so just go along with it and you won’t get in trouble,” he gives her a small smile; an unspoken apology.

She returns his smile and pushes him lightly, “Aish pabo ya!Why'd you do that? I told my parents I was the one who forced you. Now we’re both in trouble!”



“LEE HYUK JAE! KIM HYO YEON! The two of you are indefinitely grounded. Understood?” “Neh,” both of them reply trying to sound repentant but as they catch each other’s eye, they break into matching grins.

 

“So worth it right?” she raises her eyebrows.

“Totally!” He nods.

=============================================================

A/N Thanks for commenting/subscribing! you are right, this story is a repost from lj/ssf but i dont post there anymore so i am posting here as a motivation to complete this story. I've written a few more chapters since the last one i posted so if you stick around, you will eventually be reading new updates :)