Round 1 - Paranoia?

Yabu Kota VS Daiki Arioka
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*Arioka Daiki's POV*


“Guess who!!!” I playfully placed both my hands on top of her eyes and covered them. Her sudden giggle was heard as she held the surface of my skin with her slightly cold fingers.


“Hmmm… Chii?” she replied with a chuckle. By this, I immediately released her to my capture as I heard another name besides mine. I then slumped down to the nearest chair beside her and pouted childishly. I know for a fact that she has a crush on one of my best friend, Chinen but every time she makes that joke of making me all jealous have become her personal hobby these days.

I saw Amu’s dark coloured eyes looked at me and then cheekily patted my head to continue her teasing.

“You’re just so cute pouting like that…” she made fun of me then claimed half my cheeks with her pinch. She then released it and left a soft peck to my slightly reddish face which pulled the corner of my lips away from each other forming a smile.

“I missed you…” I whispered to her ear then initiated a soft kiss. I haven’t spoken to her for almost 3 days now because of busy schedule. Being an idol and having a girlfriend at the same time are not good for each other. Also, her being busy herself just made relationship hard along with constant nagging of Johnny-san that I should be careful not to let the public know about any relationships going on.


“I missed you too…” she replied and tightened the hug I gave her. By this time, I just want time to stop and stay like this forever.

Yet she doesn't seem to think the same way...


“Ahh~ it’s time!! I need to go now. I’m late!” she proclaimed in a hurried voice and just grabbed her bag sitting behind the table.

“Ehh?? Where are you going? Aren’t gonna stay for me?” I said then imitated Chinen’s ‘puppy-dog-eyes’ to convince her to stay.


“I’m sorry… but I can’t. I promise to make up to you” she proclaimed then left another peck on my forehead.

-


*next day*


“Amu-chan… Are you free today? I’ll treat you to lunch…” I jumped excitedly in her presence to at least relieve the never ending stress I encountered during dance rehearsals.

“Ahh~ Gomen ne Dai-chan… I have plans today. I can’t come with you…” I heard her say in such apologetic tone then bowed her head slightly to ask for my forgiveness.


“Mou~ you’re busy again today? Don’t you miss me? I haven’t spoken properly to you since last week” I protested while pulling half of her sleeve with a pout.

“Of course I miss you… I just have some important stuff to do…” she replied then immediately looked at the time on her wrist watch… “Yabai!! I’m late… I’ll see you later Dai-chan… Jia~”

I saw her figure disappear through the transparent glass of the school’s window which made me ‘sigh’ in disappointment.

--------------


"I can't wait for next week to end!!! I want to have a date with you already..." Amu thought to herself as she hurriedly ran towards the school gate and halted the nearest taxi. As soon as she settled inside the vehicle, she immediately pulled Daiki's picture on her wallet then 'sighed' desperately... "I miss you my prince..."


-----------------

*next day*


“Moshi moshi?” I heard her sweet voice say over the mouth piece. The sound of her voice just lingered through my ears and suddenly gave a sudden sensation and chill behind my spine. This is indeed how much I miss talking to her. Being busy all of a sudden was just too unusual for her since I was always the one who makes excuses because of hassling rehearsals schedules.

Because of this, my thoughts just expanded with a bit of worry on what thing that keeping her time very occupied – so much occupied that she doesn’t even have the time for her own boyfriend.


“Ahh… Dai-chan?” the voice on the other end faintly said.


“Amu-chan? Can we go out today? I’m bored!” I replied almost immediately hoping she will gladly accept my invitation.

However, the tone of her voice suddenly changed and hurriedly declined request in summoning her from her busy schedule.

“I’m really sorry… I can’t today. I have something really important to do…” she said quite slowly which somehow pierced a whole part of my chest. I’ve been rejected so many times before. But I’ve never imagine being rejected by my own girlfriend will be this painful.

Within this answer, I just remained quiet and didn’t reply. She must’ve sensed my disappointment as I heard her sigh on the other end of the phone… “I’ll make it up to you, I promise…” she reassured me with quite teary voice… “You know I love you, right?”


“Hai… I love you too…” I replied quietly then rested my body heavily to the nearest concrete wall whilst my eyes shutting.

-----------------

Amu just stared on her phone and gave off a teary expression.

"Why don't you just tell him your plan?" her friend Rio said then patted Amu's shoulder to try to at least comfort her. 

"I can't... I'm afraid he'll freak out" Amu replied with a concerned face then buried herself under pillow... "I miss him so much!!! I want this to end soon!!! I feel so bad rejecting him like that"


-------------------


“What’s the matter with you?” I heard Chinen said while Yama-chan poked my shoulder.

I then saw Yuto and Ryutaro followed the gesture and took a seat to at least comfort me.

By this, I heard myself exhale painfully before starting to speak…

“It’s Amu-chan…” I said with a moan.

“Yappari~~” Ryutaro and Chinen said in perfect sync as if singing the chorus of their favourite song… “What happened?”

“She always rejects my invitations for a date… She’s usually the one who invite me to go out but now, she can’t even spare a single day for her boyfriend.” I proclaimed with a slightly annoyed tone… “I don’t even know what’s keeping her very busy… she doesn’t want to tell me!”

“Maybe school work are just being hassle…” Yuto suggested.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter