Pain (filler)

Baby, I'm a Monster

She was in pain. Her heart rate was accelerating, despite the fact that she was seated comfortably beside her lawyer; regardless of the fact that she was also on tranquilizers to help assist her, she was in agonizing pain.. especially in the head. Her mind swiveled as the twinges of pain rocked back and forth slowly, moving gently from tender pangs to furious bangs, smacking her in the temples with excruciating bits of her numbing shocks. She winced every now and then, watching the twelve jurors make their way back in the court room.

They were blank, monotonous in expression as they took their places at their seats, leaving the foreman to be the only one standing, at the front of the jury box. He fished a slip of paper from his pocket, smoothing out the creases before giving the judge a silent nod. At this point, Yonghee was trembling, quivering as her body rocked with a striking pain. Her vision began to blur, and her breath caught in . She clutched her head dully, drawing Taehyun's immediate concern. "Yonghee-shii, are you alright?"

"What's going on there?"

Though the judge had softly called for her, the echoing of his voice resonated through her ears painfully, causing tears to prickle at her flickering eyes. She released a soft whimper, and soon she heard the legs of chairs squeaking behind her. A familiar warm hand rested upon her forehead; her vision was deteriorating, as well as her hearing.

She didn't know what was going on. Her breathing was fine just minutes ago, when she was walking in; then, she was seated politely by her lawyer and the security guard. That's when it started. She was three minutes into waiting for the jurors to make her appearance when there was an abstained throbbing punching at her temple. She disregarded it for as long as she could.

Turns out that "as long as she could" wasn't exactly as long as she hoped for it to be -- she didn't get to hear her verdict, yet. Daehyun caught her hands affectionately, grimacing at the sudden lack of warmth running through her. Her shivering frame worsened profusely. Her heart rate, Daehyun felt, was rapid, beating profusely with no signs of slowing down. "Call for an ambulence," he demanded firmly, twisting out of his jacket before placing it back around Yonghee's shoulders.

Yongguk held tightly onto Yonghee's waist, seated right beside her; his eyebrows were creased together wtih scornful worry, lips frowning bitterly at the sight of his distraught sister. He wound his scarf around Yonghee's neck, placing a cool palm over her clenched jaw. Daehyun cursed, turning around the a random man on the phone. "Can you please hurry up!?" His tone had risen furiously from a soft command to an angered forte.

"It hurts," Yonghee managed to whimper. The judge remained seated at this table, erecting his back as he craned his neck to view the ongoing fiasco. Daehyun pushed away the surrounding crowd, backing them up to a safe distance in order to give Yonghee the air she needed. His eyes flickered worriedly back and forth from Yonghee to the man calling the emergency unit. Sweat began to dribble down Yonghee's forehead, casting a disgusting glow upon her as she withered slowly into her own despair.

Daehyun shook his head, rubbing soothing circles onto Yonghee's back. "Fight it," he whispered somberly to her. "Just hold on, okay? W-where are you meds, Yonghee-ah?"
"O-out.. t-took the last pill this morning... It should be lasting till the end of the day, though," she spat, croaking hoarsely. "Yo-Yongguk oppa was going to pick them up after the verdict announcement."
Yongguk nodded, clutching his keys. "There's no way the ambulence will be here in time. I'll go get them now, so watch over her. If anything, just call me," he whispered hastily to Daehyun.

The judge removed himself from his post, striding mysteriously over to Yonghee's cowering form. "What is going on?" he demanded again, setting his glare upon Daehyun's knitted features. The latter sighed tiredly, ushering Yonghee to take long, deep breaths; he looked up at the judge with wary features, lips turned downwards into a condescending scowl. 

"Yonghee's relapsing."